ADVERTISEMENT

Boredom Game Pt. 4 - Starting 5 Tough Guys

Voldukie

All Conference
Mar 14, 2002
DC METRO
Name your Starting 5 (Duke) Tough Guys (IE - Physical, Enforcers, Badassery, Expect Bruises)

I will Lead Off

C- Matt Christensen
PF- Elton Brand
SF - G. Henderson
SG- Nate James
PG - Wojo

An Aside - Laettner, Zion and Reggie Love Strongly Considered.
Postscript - I heard Art Heyman was tougher than $2 steak, but never personally saw him ball.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Bobby Hurley
Christian Laettner
Reshown McLeod
Nate James
JJ Redick

Wojo, Heyman off the bench

C Mike Lewis
SF Art Heyman
PF Kyle Singler
PG Bobby Hurley
SG JJ Redick

OFC

Singler
Zion
Winslow (surprised not more love for him here)
James
Hurley

I have said before-any team with Justise, Zion and Nate, no other team will step on the court with them. Add Kyle and Bobby, and we will play on a court, in a phone booth or in an alley, doesn't matter.

Man, some of you...

Heyman
James
Singler
Battier
Hurley

With all due respect to whomever, I think that is it: that's the list.

Depends on what you mean by "tough guy". Do you "mean mentally tough, you can't get me off my game, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to win" tough guy, or "I'm a big, strong bad boy who's gonna kick your ass if you start something" tough guy?

Man, some of you...

Heyman
James
Singler
Battier
Hurley

With all due respect to whomever, I think that is it: that's the list.
Dude, with all due respect, it’s not fair to say there’s 5 tougher than anyone else.
You don’t have Laettner on your list. He was the meanest, baddest guy to play under K.
There are no wrong answers.

Dude, with all due respect, it’s not fair to say there’s 5 tougher than anyone else.
You don’t have Laettner on your list. He was the meanest, baddest guy to play under K.
There are no wrong answers.

Yeah, Laettner was the one guy I struggled with:)

But Art, Singler, Nate, Shane... I don’t think you can leave any of those four off, you know?

Btw, all I could think of when you said “all due respect” was Talladega Nights:)

Yeah, Laettner was the one guy I struggled with:)

But Art, Singler, Nate, Shane... I don’t think you can leave any of those four off, you know?

Btw, all I could think of when you said “all due respect” was Talladega Nights:)
Agree, but were there any tougher than Zion? Or what about Winslow? Or Dave Henderson?
This story was told to me by a Duke buddy of mine who was sitting beside Coach K years ago at an aau game or something. They were watching Grayson. K looked at my buddy and said “do you know why I like Grayson?” He said no, why coach? Because he’s a mother******!
True story.

So many guys to choose from.

Agree, but were there any tougher than Zion? Or what about Winslow? Or Dave Henderson?
This story was told to me by a Duke buddy of mine who was sitting beside Coach K years ago at an aau game or something. They were watching Grayson. K looked at my buddy and said “do you know why I like Grayson?” He said no, why coach? Because he’s a mother******!
True story.

So many guys to choose from.

I think all five of those guys are tougher than Zion, from what we’ve seen. Tougher than Winslow too, tho he was a tough mofo. I don’t know David Henderson enough to know. Grayson (“Asshole”) was tough, but the whole tripping thing and all of that sort of violated my definition of tough.

Obviously this is all bullshit online discussion:)

Obviously this is all bullshit online discussion:)
Yeah, it is. But we’re all cooped up inside, nothing to do. So if these bullshit online discussions can distract us from the situation all are in, then I say bring on more:)

Reactions: TheDude1
Randy Denton and Bob Verga. Yes I know guys I'm looking it up with pre Coach K guys but they were tough too. Just don't want to forget them. OFC

I can only comment on those I have seen play:

Hurley
Kyle
James
Battier
Laettner

Bench:

Wojo
G. Henderson
Winslow
Zion
Brand

To me, if we had those ten guys for four years we would be right in the thick of it every single year with a legit chance at dominating the conference and national landscape for all four of those said years. Imagine those guys all coming in as freshmen together and what they could truly accomplish? I'd say 4 straight final fours and at least two-three national titles in my mind wouldn't be out of the question. They're all winners. None of them would back down from anyone or anything.

PG- Tyus or Tre, both we’re tough and cold blooded.
SG-I know he mainly played SF but I’m sliding RJ here. He was relentless, fearless, and an all around badass.
SF-Justise
PF-Zion
C- Zoubek. A freaking brick wall down low his senior year. Honestly probably could just posted the 2010 starting five and that would’ve been fine, they were tough as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT