ADVERTISEMENT

Bonzie Colson...

Bonzie is a beast. He is one of those guys who always brings their best game against Duke. Over the years I can think of several such as Rodney Rogers, Junior Borough, and of course Randolph Childress. There were a few others who always brought it too whose names are escaping me. Douglas Edwards and Rodney Dobard from Florida State. Juan Dixon from Maryland. And we can never forget St. John's and Bootsy Thornton. Body is in that League. I concur that it was great to watch him play and I'm glad we never have to see him play against Duke again!

Reactions: hart2chesson
He is a terrific player, but I think he just now finished getting his contact in.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bonzie is a junior. We have another season to deal with him.

He's a terrific player. I know he kills us it seems every time we play them, but how can one not like watching him? He's a bit of a throwback player and lets his play do the talking. He has to be the preseason POY in the ACC next season, doesn't he?

Reactions: dukehokie
The human bowling ball is one of my favorite players to watch. He is all class and plays the game the right way.

giphy.gif

He's a terrific player. I know he kills us it seems every time we play them, but how can one not like watching him? He's a bit of a throwback player and lets his play do the talking. He has to be the preseason POY in the ACC next season, doesn't he?

I would definitely think so dukiejay. Good Gracious hes one of those guys who kills us so bad you think hes been there forever. Great kid, impossible to dislike-as are all of those Irish kids...

OFC

He's a great player, and I would love to have him on Duke. But as great as he is, we've been able to overcome him, and win the last 2 games against ND. I'll take that.

OFC

How is it that every ND basketball player gets 5 years of eligibility...I swear I remember Vasturia back cutting on Kyle Singler

It seems like it, doesn't it!
Another great thing about Bonzie Colson...he's not a Tar Heel. Damn, now that would be unbearable.

OFC

Agreed OP. I hope he's in the NBA next season. He's 6'5" but his arms go all the way down to his ankles.

Agreed, the kid is a beast, and he should continue to be a strong player in the league.

I loved the mutual respect shown by Amile when Bonzy came back into the game after rolling his ankle and asked if he was okay. Pretty sure that's what happened anyway. I love to see sportsmanship like that.

Alan

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT