ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden announcement tomorrow?

I'm literally shocked nothing super solid has leaked out especially considering how long this recruitment has been.

That's weird, I was just able to watch it. Stream ended about 20 seconds ago.
I first clicked on the sports fan of tomorrow link and that's the one that ended before he announced then I clicked on the other link and saw his announcement

I'm not sure if Bolden goes to Duke or not (I still have doubts, though at one point it seemed Duke was it), but if he does pick Duke, he's really going to have to do a good job of communicating with his teammates and earning their trust.

I know this his life and he has to make his choices. Cool. I get that. But it definitely means something to your teammates when you make a quick early decision versus dragging things out and seeing who's going pro and what not. We'll see.

It means very little to most teammates. You are absolutely reading way too far into that.

Bolden did what he needed to do to insure he was making the right decision for HIM and HIS family.

It means very little to most teammates. You are absolutely reading way too far into that.

Bolden did what he needed to do to insure he was making the right decision for HIM and HIS family.

Maybe I am, but either way he's a Duke commit now and no matter the circumstance, on an already cohesive team, he'll have to come in and fit in, which as good of a kid as he is, he shouldn't have an issue.

With regards to Bolden's late decision, I'd say the onus is on a program and its coaches to highlight what sets their program apart from the rest, i.e. recruiting. You won't always have guys that know in their heart that they were born to go to Duke, like Grayson or JJ. Ultimately, to get some of these guys, you need to know how to highlight what makes your program the best fit, as well as have some luck in terms of things like playing time, parental input, etc

I said a while ago I just don't want the guy. I will actually be disappointed if he commits to Duke. Aside from Duke not needing him on the court, I just don't want a player that is this indecisive. This is how I view it... If I am in HR and I know that a potential candidate is choosing between my company and another, I am only going to wait so long after the position has been offered before I just lose interest and rescind the offer. If it is going to take you this long to decide if you want to come work for my Fortune 500 company with all of the perks that come with it, just move along.

It might be different if this was Campbell basketball or he was a transcendent recruit. Neither is the case though.
Bump (From May 2016)

I said a while ago I just don't want the guy. I will actually be disappointed if he commits to Duke. Aside from Duke not needing him on the court, I just don't want a player that is this indecisive. This is how I view it... If I am in HR and I know that a potential candidate is choosing between my company and another, I am only going to wait so long after the position has been offered before I just lose interest and rescind the offer. If it is going to take you this long to decide if you want to come work for my Fortune 500 company with all of the perks that come with it, just move along.

It might be different if this was Campbell basketball or he was a transcendent recruit. Neither is the case though.

Bump

Welp, can't say you were wrong so far in terms of not really wanting him, but from what I can tell he hasn't actually hurt us in anyway. His attitude is good and he's a few moments. The only person that might outta be sour is Vrank.

Reactions: youngman42 and dbav
Welp, can't say you were wrong so far in terms of not really wanting him, but from what I can tell he hasn't actually hurt us in anyway. His attitude is good and he's a few moments. The only person that might outta be sour is Vrank.
Not sure how he can be right or wrong about anything. He didn’t want him, and now he still doesn’t. This is more of a he wants a pat on the back type thing for saying he didn’t want him back then. Now that Boldens not living up to his potential (yet) he thinks he’s right about something that you can’t even be right or wrong about!!! He said he didn’t want him. (Indecisive?) Now he’s not playing well so he wants a pat on the back because he didn’t want him back then (for different reasons)...lol. If he would have said back then Bolden was overrated blah blah, he won’t live up to his potential, blah blah, whatever, he may have something to be right or wrong about! (now) ...And get a damn pat on the back if that’s what makes him happy! Irritates me people would rather be right about something, rather then be wrong and it benefit Duke. Like it’s a message board nobody is keeping score , and its not that important.. Think you’re damn Stephen A or some crap!? Shall we bow to your feet at everything you say now? The fact he just brings this to everybody’s attention just bugs the F out of me. Especially when he’s trying to get a pat on the back for something not even worthy of it. Fact that you’re more happy thinking your right about something, rather then root to eat crow and Bolden succeeding doesn’t sound like a Duke fan to me...It sounds like someone begging for notoriety, attention, and I forgot the word I’m looking for. I repeated myself to much .... this just gets me fired up and I lose all motor skills (typing) ....stupid..hope Bolden makes the game winning shot to win it all! Then ima go back and quote his crap with “Bumps”:)

Last edited:
Did MB get charged with rape? Get caught with a pound of weed? Assault a police officer?

He's a good kid who works his ass off for Duke. If not living up to his 5* rating is the worst thing he does, then count me as thrilled he chose Duke.

Bolden undeniably improved last year. During his freshman year, he seemed completely disinterested in the game or having to be out on the court. It was actually baffling. I hope he continues to improve this year.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not sure how he can be right or wrong about anything. He didn’t want him, and now he still doesn’t. This is more of a he wants a pat on the back type thing for saying he didn’t want him back then. Now that Boldens not living up to his potential (yet) he thinks he’s right about something that you can’t even be right or wrong about!!! He said he didn’t want him. (Indecisive?) Now he’s not playing well so he wants a pat on the back because he didn’t want him back then (for different reasons)...lol. If he would have said back then Bolden was overrated blah blah, he won’t live up to his potential, blah blah, whatever, he may have something to be right or wrong about! (now) ...And get a damn pat on the back if that’s what makes him happy! Irritates me people would rather be right about something, rather then be wrong and it benefit Duke. Like it’s a message board nobody is keeping score , and its not that important.. Think you’re damn Stephen A or some crap!? Shall we bow to your feet at everything you say now? The fact he just brings this to everybody’s attention just bugs the F out of me. Especially when he’s trying to get a pat on the back for something not even worthy of it. Fact that you’re more happy thinking your right about something, rather then root to eat crow and Bolden succeeding doesn’t sound like a Duke fan to me...It sounds like someone begging for notoriety, attention, and I forgot the word I’m looking for. I repeated myself to much .... this just gets me fired up and I lose all motor skills (typing) ....stupid..hope Bolden makes the game winning shot to win it all! Then ima go back and quote his crap with “Bumps”:)
You know Ipsy, the emoji at the end just kind of sums of your rant in a way only you can pull off.
What's weird is I understood your entire post.

Keep up the good work young man.

When I 1st. saw this thread I thought it was a new one and that he was going to announce he was transferring. I'm guessing it will be long before the transfer rumors star. How many from this years team will be rumored to transfer by this board come Dec. ? OFC

All I know is the gameday threads this season are going to something else. Just wait until we aren’t playing well. The downer dans and arm chair coaches will come out in full force.

You know Ipsy, the emoji at the end just kind of sums of your rant in a way only you can pull off.
What's weird is I understood your entire post.

Keep up the good work young man.
I think I lose all my function skills when angry. Usually typing only what I can understand. It’s hard for me to express exactly what I want to say by typing. At the same time trying to keep it clean. So I just put the smiley at the end and hopefully people just nod and give me a break Hahahaha.

All I know is the gameday threads this season are going to something else. Just wait until we aren’t playing well. The downer dans and arm chair coaches will come out in full force.
Not playing well? 40-0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT