ADVERTISEMENT

Best/worst concerts you’ve attendes

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Best-
-George Strait 2018 in New Orleans
-Cody Jinks 2018 Pisgah brewing, small outdoor venue outside of asheville. Place was rocking and had an energy I’ve rarely felt
-The Eagles 2013 Greensboro- the historical element of it and they sounded just as good as ever
-Every Kenny Chesney concert like 5 of them
-Jimmy Buffett in Charlotte 2010.. fun party the whole time and was sitting next to two beautiful app state volleyball players

Worst-

-Lynyrd Skynyrd/Hank Jr in Charlotte- Skynyrd was great but hank was a disgrace and the crowd was like Saturday night at a trailer park..

-Alan Jackson in Greenville SC- I would of rather watched karaoke. He seemed tired and bored the entire time and didn’t sing half the songs

Reactions: christophero
That's pretty cool you got to see Glenn Frey before he died.
Best : Van Halen 0U812 tour. I never got to see Dave.
Worst: idk I've enjoyed all the concerts. I did see Elton John and Billy Joel which was great.

Reactions: pisgah101
Best: Pink Floyd, Division Bell Tour
Styx, Return to Paradise Tour
Moody Blues, each of my 8 times
Boston, all 3 times
AC/DC, Black Ice tour

Worst: The Eagles, on a college tour after their 1st Album

Best : Bruce Springsteen
Worst: Black Arkansas

They were not that bad but were loud. OFC

Best: U2 in Tampa, Pink Floyd in Raleigh, AC DC in Tampa, Scorpions in Cleveland
Worst: Van Halen in Tampa like 10 years ago with Wolfie on Bass. Sound system was messed up for more than half the show

Best -- New Edition, Bobby Brown and Al B. Sure!, Grenville, SC, 1989

Best -- U2, Charlotte, NC, 1991 or 1992

Worst -- None

That's pretty cool you got to see Glenn Frey before he died.
Best : Van Halen 0U812 tour. I never got to see Dave.
Worst: idk I've enjoyed all the concerts. I did see Elton John and Billy Joel which was great.

I wanted to see elton on his last tour but could never grab tickets! Want to see billy too!

Reactions: christophero
I saw Billy Joel back around 90. By then he was no longer doing hand stands on the piano during Big Shot ha. But he put on quite a show.

1. Allman Brothers probably around 2009 when Derek Trucks joined them.
2. Eric Clapton/Santana in around 1976 (I'm an OFC)
3. Hot Tuna at Duke with Papa John Creach.
4. Bruce on the Born in the USA Tour
5. Allman Brothers in around 1980 with Chuck Leavell.

Best: The Killers, Future Islands, Young the Giant, and Ed Schrader's Music Beats.

Worst: I took my brother and his friends to see a death metal show at Ziggy's....awful. Awful. Awful.

I grew up going to old country, bluegrass, and gospel shows. Saw more people than I can remember. Never was my thing though.

Best-Lenny Kravitz and The Black Crowes
Kings X and Galactic Cowboys

Worst-Megadeath (because we didn't take the free ear plugs they were offering at door, was to loud and couldn't stay)

Best - Paul McCartney in Greensboro 2014, U2 Unforgettable Fire Tour, Pink Floyd in CH and Raleigh, Rush 5-6x, Sting (solo from The Police), Def Leppard in Charlotte front row. Doobie Brothers 1976 Charleston, WV. First concert ever. About a week of so after the show the What’s Happening episode with the Doobies aired. “Which Doobie do you be”?

Worst - Can’t think of one right off hand.

Last edited:
Best - Paul McCartney in Greensboro 2014, U2 Unforgettable Fire Tour, Pink Floyd in CH and Raleigh, Rush 5-6x, Sting (solo from The Police), Def Leppard in Charlotte front row. Doobie Brothers 1976 Charleston, WV. First concert ever. About a week of so after the show the What’s Happening episode with the Doobies aired. “Which Doobie do you be”?

Worst - Can’t think of one right off hand.
those are some good shows

I live near Bethel Woods, which is the site of Woodstock. Got to see Bob Dylan there (not great) and the Beach Boys (awesome). My folks have been there to see the Zach Brown Band, the NY Philharmonic and a few others.

My 2 favorite concert were Weezer in Raliegh and Incubus in Chapel Hell. Both while in college.

Best- Tool, Disturbed, Santana, Kanye/Usher
Worst- don’t have one cause those are the only 4 I’ve been to haha

I saw Santana around 1998-99. Big Carlos fan and looked so forward to seeing him. He was outstanding but I was so disappointed that he played so little of the old stuff. Macie Gray opened and that's when he was touring with Rob Thomas . This was when Smooth wasvoutMy son who was about 15 at the time wanted to go and off we went. We sat down, he looked around and said Dad there's only old people here. LOL. He didn't know Santana had been around since Woodstock and before. Yeah I've told this story before but it's one of my best moments. OFC

I saw Stevie Nicks and she changed outfits almost every song. I also saw Pink Floyd. I don't smoke but I'm pretty sure I had a contact high by the end of the show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT