• Gonzaga

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters

BlueDaveil

All Conference
Nov 25, 2017
I’ve seen a lot of posts after yesterday about how we were clearly never the no. 1 team in the country and how we are going to finish outside the top 10 and a bunch of other crazy takes. I’m not saying we are far and away the beat team in the country but I think we are certainly one of the 5 best teams in the country. So my question is, if not us then who?

The 3 teams ahead of us in Kenpom (we were #1 before last night’s game) are MSU, Louisville and UVA. MSU certainly haven’t looked amazing against better competition this season and didn’t even look great against UGA. We’ll soon see how we stack up to them. Louisville and UVA have looked good but haven’t really played anyone yet. Kansas would be hard to argue over us and Ohio State, who has been great on defense are not as offensively gifted as we are.

For all of the fans of other teams who like to lurk on this board feel free to chime in and tell us why you think the spoons are better than the forks or whatever.

best is hard to say....toughest to beat?....I'd have to pick UVA...they dont score a lot but neither do the teams they play...organized on both ends and turn up every night consistently ...caveat being i have not seen Maryland, Gonzaga or UL play yet

Reactions: dukehokie
I just have a feeling this is going to be a year where it is wide open and there are no clear favorites throughout the year. I don’t think that there’s a team that’s going to stay at the #1 ranking for longer than 3 weeks this year. Going to be a lot of teams that get that spot this year with the way it’s looking so far.

Case in point....Dayton is giving Kansas all they can handle right now and look solidly a top 15 team

Eh, it doesn't matter in November. As long as we continue to improve. Recently it seems we've been hitting our ceiling in December.

I saw earlier where UVA’s Braxton Key is out indefinitely after having wrist surgery. That’s a big loss - he is their second leading score and leading rebounder if I’m not mistaken.

I would keep an eye out for Ohio St. It’s still November but they have looked good

This year is going to be a total mystery because imo there is not a team out there which can be considered dominating.

I don’t think the Holes have a chance at all. I think this is one of Roy’s worst teams I’ve seen. Virginia doesn’t scare me this year. Yeah, they’re good on defense, but they don’t have the horses on offense at all. They only scored 46 yesterday against Maine.

Gun to my head right now, Kansas. But if we improve, we can be right there at the end.

My whole point with us being ranked number 1- are we great or even really good- no, but who is? No one. This year is one big crapshoot. We will lose some head scratchers and we will win some that we have no business winning. This year more than any that i can remember is wide open and there are ZERO “really good” let alone “great” teams.

fortunately i didn’t get to see our last game and won’t be able to watch tonight, but nothing would surprise me. It wouldn’t surprise me to lose 10+ games and it wouldn’t surprise me to lose 3-4. It wouldn’t surprise me to make the final four and it wouldn’t surprise me to lose in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT