ADVERTISEMENT

Bags and Giles in Sacramento

jibip

All American
Mar 30, 2005
Probably an overreaction, but with Bags going to SAC... I’m concerned that SAC doesn’t see much from Giles’ progress over the past year - either from a health perspective or from a impact on the court perspective.

Hope that’s not the case, I love Giles’ game and personality.

I'm pulling for Harry, have been for the past 5 years.

But honestly..I wouldn't be shocked if he never really makes an impact in the league. Just a sad, sad story. The guy was gonna be the next Chris Webber. At least he got those first round dollars.

Prove me wrong Harry, prove me wrong.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
I'm pulling for Harry, have been for the past 5 years.

But honestly..I wouldn't be shocked if he never really makes an impact in the league. Just a sad, sad story. The guy was gonna be the next Chris Webber. At least he got those first round dollars.

Prove me wrong Harry, prove me wrong.

Sad for us fans that we never got to see him at 100%, but he is making a guaranteed 4 million, and if this year goes even decently well, they may pick him up for another 2.5 or 5 million. He's a smart enough kid that he'll be set financially for a long while and could easily get a basketball related job on name alone.

There is recent footage of Giles doing deadlifts and jumping with no brace. He'll never be a fluid as he was 3 years ago, but his frame and game might still be serviceable.

Probably an overreaction, but with Bags going to SAC... I’m concerned that SAC doesn’t see much from Giles’ progress over the past year - either from a health perspective or from a impact on the court perspective.

Hope that’s not the case, I love Giles’ game and personality.
I think it has more to do with no one else wanting to go to Sacramento, Bagley was the best available.

They knew it was dumb to pass on Marvin regardless of team needs. Harry seems to be very excited about his future there via his social media. I think the two of them and WCS will be a very formidable 4-5 rotation.

I’m in the camp that Harry will come back stronger than ever. Maybe not as agile and fluid, but he has the IQ and work ethic to make up the difference.

Man, I wanted so bad to see what a healthy Giles could do in college. I hate that we didn't get to see it

Harry is beyond healthy and the Kings plan for him to play this season. The new program they put him in last year has fully strengthened his knees and made him reboot how he walks and jumps.

I wish I could find the article where Harry states he basically had to re learn how to walk run jump. Before he would land knocking his knees together applying more pressure now he’s almost at one hundred percent and is on better shape and mobile then he’s ever been. The Kong’s plan for him to play in summer league this summer.

Honestly that’s what i’d been thinking ever since Sac got the 2nd pick. A lot of positional redundancy there, I hope they make it work. From everything I’ve read online, Giles is more ham ready to go, and has been awesome in practice. We’ll see here first hand during the summer league I guess.

Reactions: sheyduke
Honestly that’s what i’d been thinking ever since Sac got the 2nd pick. A lot of positional redundancy there, I hope they make it work. From everything I’ve read online, Giles is more ham ready to go, and has been awesome in practice. We’ll see here first hand during the summer league I guess.

Giles and Bags are each prototypical NBA bigs, IF healthy and IF Bags commits on D. They are mobile bigs CAPABLE of guarding multiple positions.

Hope Giles can get to what he was supposed to be. Had he been the player he was projected as, Tatum may not have been the 3rd pick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT