ADVERTISEMENT

A little off- season trivia gang!

Another travesty in the annals of Oscar history, Hitch never won an Oscar. Of his five nominations, the master of suspense never took home a golden statuette.

I just looked it for curiosity and wiki said he had 46 nominations and wiki said he had 46 nominations and took home 6 oscars. I may have read the question wrong. Of course even if so I realize someone may have won more than 6. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I just looked it for curiosity and wiki said he had 46 nominations and wiki said he had 46 nominations and took home 6 oscars. I may have read the question wrong. Of course even if so I realize someone may have won more than 6. OFC

Hitchcock was only nominated for 5 Oscars and never won. Tons of nominations for his films, that's probably what you saw. He was only nominated 5 times for Best Director. Sadly he never won an Oscar. 50 nominations for his films overall though. The Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award is the only thing the Academy ever awarded him. That was for career achievement.

Hitchcock was only nominated for 5 Oscars and never won. Tons of nominations for his films, that's probably what you saw. He was only nominated 5 times for Best Director. Sadly he never won an Oscar. 50 nominations for his films overall though. The Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award is the only thing the Academy ever awarded him. That was for career achievement.

I read something different on wiki but I also know even with 6 he's not even close. Looked up who has most also. OFC

I read something different on wiki but I also know even with 6 he's not even close. Looked up who has most also. OFC

Yeah, he never won an Oscar. Deserved to win, but never did. The 5 nominations seem few considering the legacy he has left behind. Also, Sky, how crazy is it who has the most? I doubt many people would think of that person. Hint: the person is thought to be frozen in time.

Last edited:
How did Hitchcock not win best director for Vertigo or Rear Window or Psycho?

It's pure insanity that the man never won. He was only nominated for Rebecca, Lifeboat, Psycho, Rear Window, and Spellbound. Vertigo is my personal favorite of his films. A damn travesty that the man never won. He was a bit of an odd personality in real life, but the man could direct the hell out of a film.

Reactions: christophero
Back to Seinfield. In The Jacket episode when Kramer ask Jerry how much he paid for the suade jacket Jerry bought what did Jerry tell him? OFC

Last edited:
Back to Seinfield. In The Jacket episode when Kramer ask Jerry how much he paid for the suade jacket Jerry bought what did Jerry tell him? OFC

d. j. must be on the golf course. He's all over Seinfield. OFC

I will be out for most of the day. If someone knows they got it right go ahead and ask the next question or if time runs out one of you go ahead and ask a question to keep the game moving along. OFC

In the Fast & Furious franchise, how many characters were thought to have been killed but later returned in later movies in the franchise?

I will be out for most of the day. If someone knows they got it right go ahead and ask the next question or if time runs out one of you go ahead and ask a question to keep the game moving along. OFC

The answer is " I paid what I paid. " OFC

Reactions: meisperplexed
Correct you’re up

Han was thought to have died in Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift but later returned in F9 which was supposed to be released this year but it’s release was postponed until next year because of the coronavirus

Letty was thought to have died in Fast & Furious but later returned in Fast & Furious 6

Owen Shaw was thought to have died in Fast & Furious 6 but later returned in Fate of the Furious

Last edited:
What was the theme song for the television show The Wonder Years?OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT