ADVERTISEMENT

***5 Point Play Podcast Season 3 Premier!***

Knee jerk reactions on Instagram Live. Your boy @dukehokie will be hosting immediately following the game.

***New Episode Alert***

Can Duke make the tournament? We've seen the question all over the internet, does this team have what it takes for postseason basketball? We dive deep into our tourney hopes, our identity and more. We also give you our score predictions for Pitt and Louisville. Does Jalen come back? A lot depends on him. Let's Go Duke!

Season 3 Episode 7

Another good one fellas. You guys really do balance each other out. I tend to lean with timo on this one though. Would glad to be wrong. But, I think Duke loses both games this week. This really is a rebuilding year for the future. Once this team figures out an identity I could see them being a tough out for some teams out there and a potential tourney team. Right now they're not. Will that happen this season? That remains to be seen.

Reactions: christophero
If we drop to 5 and 5 we won't have to worry about being a tough out for anyone.

True. My hope is that they split this week. Not getting those other conference games killed this team in a lot of ways. Also, the guys made a great point about Brakefield in regards to the Pitt and FSU games being cancelled. He really was starting to get it right before that happened.

***New Episode Alert***

What a week for the Devils?! After 3 straight losses, Duke gets a must needed win against Georgia Tech. Can they turn that into a winning streak this week against Clemson and Miami? We also give our final thoughts on the Coach K press conference fiasco and discuss what's happening with Jaemyn and Jeremy, two key guys who we need to activate! Let's Go Duke!

Episode 8 - Duke Beats GT

Damn...I almost feel like I’m listening to myself...ALMOST. I feel the same about it all. My takes though are just lazy, ( put the pieces together of what I’m trying to get across without me having to type as much by stating the obvious) and I guess...insensitive, inappropriate, purposely wacky ? 😂

Another great podcast fellas! Keep it up! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the game today?

Another great podcast fellas! Keep it up! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the game today?
My thoughts are that we blew out a team where our highest scorer had 13, we had five guys in double figures and that doesn’t include Jalen. Very balanced and rather efficient effort. First time this group has been able to do that. I’ve been impressed by Williams. He’s going to have a big time test next Saturday. It was good to see Roach play with more confidence and knock down those jumpers in rhythm. He’s having exactly the type of up and down season we anticipated.

Let’s see how they respond tomorrow against Miami, prior to UNC. This is a big test to see how they handle “success”. I have my reservations, and i think we need to temper expectations. One very solid game against a team that played pretty poorly, doesn’t mean we’ve completely righted the ship. It is encouraging though. Let’s keep it rolling!

Go Duke!

My thoughts are that we blew out a team where our highest scorer had 13, we had five guys in double figures and that doesn’t include Jalen. Very balanced and rather efficient effort. First time this group has been able to do that. I’ve been impressed by Williams. He’s going to have a big time test next Saturday. It was good to see Roach play with more confidence and knock down those jumpers in rhythm. He’s having exactly the type of up and down season we anticipated.

Let’s see how they respond tomorrow against Miami, prior to UNC. This is a big test to see how they handle “success”. I have my reservations, and i think we need to temper expectations. One very solid game against a team that played pretty poorly, doesn’t mean we’ve completely righted the ship. It is encouraging though. Let’s keep it rolling!

Go Duke!

Definitely, I wouldn't say the ship has been righted, but I would say we're seeing the lights come on for some guys. The collective effort on both sides of the ball yesterday was what impressed me the most. Seeing Mark take this leap has quailed a lot of the concerns I had, or at least tempered them for now. I still think this a team that can make the tournament. They've shown they can turn it on, which many of us probably thought wasn't possible a few weeks ago. You're right, Miami will be a huge test for this team on the road. They got to stay hungry.

Reading about Miami they seemed pretty banged up. PG Leaks has been out, and the other PG Wong had to leave the last game with an ankle injury. If we play our game I think we can beat Miami.

Reading about Miami they seemed pretty banged up. PG Leaks has been out, and the other PG Wong had to leave the last game with an ankle injury. If we play our game I think we can beat Miami.
There is no reason we should lose to Miami tomorrow, none. But that’s what I’m saying, see how this team responds after a blowout performance yesterday. This team hasn’t had that kind of performance yet, so we don’t know what to expect from them. Do they stay hungry and go for the throat? Building more and more confidence? Or do they come in with false confidence and get embarrassed?

On paper this seems like a game in which we roll over them, but we've all seen the opposite happen.

We need to win this game. The Miami loss made this game a must win. We cannot go back down to 500 this much into the season.

***New Episode Alert***

Duke drops two big games and with that, makes this team's tournament hopes incredibly slim. But there is something to play for. We have guys fighting for position on next year's squad. Get your licks in now ACC, because next year, we got something for ya! Let's Go Duke!

Duke Drops Two!

Reactions: GillJET
We discuss Coach K’s “develop” comments as well. Let us know how you feel about our take.

@timo0402 when are you guys doing another 5-point play podcast man? I expected one after Jalen opted out and definitely during this winning streak. Hope everything is good!

Reactions: dukehokie
I just got 1 question...becuase there’s really nothing to say or do other then nod lol. Who’s idea was the intro? 👍

And yall have to lean one way or another on the Jay, Jimbo dilemma. You can’t take the safe road! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT