ADVERTISEMENT

***5 Point Play Podcast Season 3 Premier!***

***New Episode Alert***

Episode 2

This week, the guys go 5 on 5, discussing the 5 positions on Duke's roster. Can Mark Williams crack the starting 5? What's in store for DJ Steward? What is Joey's season outlook? We do the deep dive to figure this thing out! Let's Go Duke!

Season 3 Episode 2

It was good.
I think that after listening to Coach James and Carrawell that Tape' might have a bigger role

Reactions: christophero
New Podcast alert!

TK and AC give you an extensive breakdown of the first game. No fluff, just the facts and the truth. From the freshmen to the vets, no stone is left unturned. We also get into the BIG matchup with Michigan St. and the first weekend college basketball's return. Spoiler alert: the guys are split on who wins the Champion's Classic matchup! Go Duke!

Well this is great! I told my buddy Timo yesterday I needed to catch you guys act!

OFC

Can Williams, Tape and Coleman crack the rotation? According to the first game, no but this will change when MSU and Illinois come calling. The real question is will they be ready? I suspect Tape is our best bet this early.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Can Williams, Tape and Coleman crack the rotation? According to the first game, no but this will change when MSU and Illinois come calling. The real question is will they be ready? I suspect Tape is our best bet this early.
We definitely cover this. To be fair i think it’s tough to take much from game one since the matchup Wasn’t there for this group of front court players. We should see much more tomorrow night.

Enjoyed the pod guys. When you were talking about other teams, I was interested in what you said about UVA. I said in another thread that I don't quite get the love for them as legit championship contenders. As I look at their roster, it is reasonable to say that I don't see a single pro - no Justin Anderson, Joe Harris, Malcolm Brogden, Kyle Guy, Deandre Hunter, etc. They don't have a single guy like that.

DH also gave me more confidence in tonight's game than I originally had.

Reactions: timo0402
Enjoyed the pod guys. When you were talking about other teams, I was interested in what you said about UVA. I said in another thread that I don't quite get the love for them as legit championship contenders. As I look at their roster, it is reasonable to say that I don't see a single pro - no Justin Anderson, Joe Harris, Malcolm Brogden, Kyle Guy, Deandre Hunter, etc. They don't have a single guy like that.

DH also gave me more confidence in tonight's game than I originally had.
Thanks for the listen. I’m with you on UVA.

Don't we say that about UVA every year? :p

I still think they will win a lot of games. Their style is almost tailor-made for the rigors of a regular season. I'm just surprised many were putting them in the conversation with the second-tier teams like Baylor and Villanova (at this point I think Gonzaga is their own tier). I could easily be wrong though.

This may be Gonzaga's year. Of course I hope it will be us. But they have been knocking on the door for a while now, and eventually they should break through.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Zags, as of this moment, are clearly on a another level from everyone else. While two games are a small sample size, those games came against Kansas and Auburn. They have a very talented and always well-coached West Virginia coming up so we shall see if they lay a beat down on them like they did the other two. I just see a confident experienced group of guys who have added some potentially great pieces in the off season. Few is probably right there with Bob Huggins as one of the best to never win it. I think he has a shot this season, thought they were the favorite last season as well.

Also, great podcast guys, as always! I think tonight's game is a toss up honestly. So, I'm not sure what to expect after the turnover prone performance we saw from this team on Saturday. On paper I give the edge to Michigan State because of experienced talent, but we have a Jalen Johnson and they don't. Hopefully these guys come out talking tonight from the onset. I want to see this team that K says is the best communicating young group he's had in years.

Back again. After a tough defeat, the guys get back to the basics: truth. We have the MSU recap, previews of the upcoming games including Illinois, and a brand new segment, the trashbag. We're throwing that MSU game and some of our bad predictions away and calling BS where it's needed. Go Duke!

Last edited:
Got it, don't know what the problem was. Of course, I am technologically handicapped 🤣

Can't get the link. I assume you addressed the "we have no depth" and 2 quality big men riding the bench thing. Which hopefully gets resolved tonight.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
So, it wasn't me! I got it to work on the iTunes subscription. The link never worked for me, does now! Halfway thru, so far, I can't say I disagree with a single thing you guys have said. "Cohesion", couldn't have chosen a better word to describe what this team is lacking right now. The pieces are there, will they find it? Don't understand why the big guys aren't playing either. But, as you guys stated, we're not the GOAT. Maybe he sees something we don't.

Great podcast guys. Though I will say that I hope we don't have a trash segment too often this year, haha

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT