ADVERTISEMENT

1 and done rule

youknowit1

Starter
Sep 7, 2017
Saw were Adam rowe did a short little story on Armando bacot and he said bacot and stewart were the focus for the post in 2019. Does this mean the staff knows that the 2019 class will be allowed to go straight to the nba? Because Vernon carey jr is the number 1 player in the class and I know duke is/was recruiting him. Thoughts?

Or it could be that Carey chilled on us. I don’t think Rowe would know. Interesting thought either way. I doubt college programs know anything about potential NBA rule changes.

The uncertainty for D1 coaches with the rules must make it extremely difficult to recruit more than 1 year out...there would be a potential to lose recruits that were locks and then be left with an empty or weak class. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Mostly affects the OAD programs like Duke, KY etc..

I admit to not keeping up with any proposed NBA rule change but I always thought if there was a change it would be going to a 2ndone.

I just don't see k coaching past the 2020 season his contract is up in 2020 and that would put him at 73 years old. And it's no secret he is relying on 1 and dones each year to give him a chance at a natty. And if the 2019 class is allowed to go straight to the nba I think cole anthony and Vernon carey would go. im hoping that tre stays from his soph year and bolden and javin stay for there senior year. I think k is going to go for a 3 peat in 18,19 and 20 and call it day.

My opinion is:
- HS players should be able to go to the league straight out of HS. They can enter the draft and sign with an agent to help them.
- If they don't get drafted, they should be able to enroll in college without penalty
- once in college, 2 year minimum meeting all requirements
- only restriction I would want to see is keeping all the criteria for maintaining ametuer status.

I just don't see k coaching past the 2020 season his contract is up in 2020 and that would put him at 73 years old. And it's no secret he is relying on 1 and dones each year to give him a chance at a natty. And if the 2019 class is allowed to go straight to the nba I think cole anthony and Vernon carey would go. im hoping that tre stays from his soph year and bolden and javin stay for there senior year. I think k is going to go for a 3 peat in 18,19 and 20 and call it day.

A lifetime contract is up in 2020? Wow Duke gave him the shaft.

Reactions: timo0402
My opinion is:
- HS players should be able to go to the league straight out of HS. They can enter the draft and sign with an agent to help them.
- If they don't get drafted, they should be able to enroll in college without penalty
- once in college, 2 year minimum meeting all requirements
- only restriction I would want to see is keeping all the criteria for maintaining ametuer status.

On average there are maybe 3 to 4 highschool basketballl players that could make any type of impact in the NBA.

On average there are 6 to 7 OADs that make an impact in the NBA during their rookie year.
The G league is not really a minor league like baseball and Europe is a not a great option. The game is vastly different.

There are more and more kids going pro earlier than they should. Like Frank Jackson and Tyus Jones.

I think the rule should be two and done not one and done. You shouldn’t make an exception for 5 players each year.

Saw were Adam rowe did a short little story on Armando bacot and he said bacot and stewart were the focus for the post in 2019. Does this mean the staff knows that the 2019 class will be allowed to go straight to the nba? Because Vernon carey jr is the number 1 player in the class and I know duke is/was recruiting him. Thoughts?
Wasn’t it rumored that Bacot was going to reclassify?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT