ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson (Shut it down?)

Since most are fans of the team they can not be objective just like Ohio state fans couldn’t be objective when Bosa sat out the test of the year.

As a fan of Zion I’d love to see him play the rest of the year and it’s true he could get hurt doing anything. The reality is you have a better chance of getting hurt while playing in the games and I can understand if he decided to shut it down for the rest of the season. These kids love Duke and the other schools they pick but many fans get it twisted in not understanding the school is a means to the ultimate goal, not the ultimate goal.

This is fun but first and foremost it is a business and fans need to understand that a player has every right to do what’s best for his business. Now his stock isn’t hurt at all with this injury and wouldn’t be hurt even if he broke his leg because he is just that good.

One injury could lead to another which leads another which could linger and hurt him for contract number two as far as a max. Most fans don’t care about that because they care about what each player can do for their team while they are there which is understandable only if they also really care about the players future

Since most are fans of the team they can not be objective just like Ohio state fans couldn’t be objective when Bosa sat out the test of the year.

As a fan of Zion I’d love to see him play the rest of the year and it’s true he could get hurt doing anything. The reality is you have a better chance of getting hurt while playing in the games and I can understand if he decided to shut it down for the rest of the season.

Huh? Really? Are there statistics for that? Football is a different beast and I could definitely see the likelihood of injury being greater in games than practice since so much of practices are no pads. But basketball? The practices are often far more intense and physical than the actual games and additionally, the movements and actions in practice are essentially the exact same as in a game. Hell, he could have EASILY made that same move, same slip and everything in a pick up game.

K has gotten lazy and complacent. When you see his upperclassmen vs the Upperclassmen from UNC it's a freaking joke. K no longer coaches but puts a team of 18 year old allstars on the court every season. The upperclassmen on the team virtually have 0 development and when called upon they look worse than most teams walkons. Truth
You’re the epitome of stupidity

The funny thing is that outside of a few NBA players and some sports writers/analysts all of the people saying Zion should shut it down are opposing fans that just don’t want there to be a possibility of their team having to play against Zion again this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: retiredsoldier
The funny thing is that outside of a few NBA players and somr sports writers/analysts all of the people saying Zion should shut it down are opposing fans that just don’t want there to be a possibility of their team having to play against Zion again this season.
I agree. Objectivity goes both ways .

Assumptions that Zion is only about $$$ from talking heads (Rose excluded for once) really reinforces the old adage about the first three letters of the word assumption and the person making them.

Is Zion thinking about protecting his financial future? Probably some. Is it so overwhelming that he’s going to wrap himself in bubble wrap until July and tell his teammates, coaches and fans to pound sand over a knee sprain? Hell no!

The funny thing is that outside of a few NBA players and some sports writers/analysts all of the people saying Zion should shut it down are opposing fans that just don’t want there to be a possibility of their team having to play against Zion again this season.
I totally agree. I also think it has to do with a lot of people see how Roy has shut Little down this year also lol.

Say Zion shuts it down and gets drafted by the Knicks but they don't sign KD or Kyrie. This time next year the media will be ripping Z's game apart saying he can't carry a franchise.

Take a look at Wendell Carter right now, I'm sure he is thrilled with his NBA situation(heavy sarcasm).

Say Zion shuts it down and gets drafted by the Knicks but they don't sign KD or Kyrie. This time next year the media will be ripping Z's game apart saying he can't carry a franchise.

Take a look at Wendell Carter right now, I'm sure he is thrilled with his NBA situation(heavy sarcasm).
Wendell Carter has also made more money already then I would in two lifetimes. I agree with you from a basketball standpoint and in no way do I think he should shut it down, but unfortunately this is what it has become. It's sad because the pure joy of playing the sport has become very diluted.

He will be in 2 years when he signs contract #2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT