ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson (Shut it down?)

dukesince91

Cameron Crazy
Mar 16, 2012
I never cared for Jaylen Rose, but I appreciate all his positive comments he's made concerning the Duke program and staff. He said Zion's injury was an accident that could occur during training and that he should continue playing this season. I know all the haters are going to say that Coach K will be selfish and only care about W's.

It’s simple. If you are 100%, and there is a lot to play for, then you play. We’ve been through this with Kyrie.

There are still ACC titles and an NCAA title to play for.

If you’re 100% then you play, provided there are still significant TEAM goals left. I impress upon that because we have seen in football guys sitting out of bowl games but in most if not all of those are meaningless ball games.

When guys who are 100% start sitting out of the playoffs or Title game then I will admit I’m wrong, but I don’t see that happening

This is what is wrong with College Basketball right now and why the rule needs to be changed. Either come out of high school to the NBA or wait for 2 years.
Duke has sold itself to the 1 and done rule and it worked out for us in 2015, but in my opinion, selling ourselves to this has hampered the development of our 4 year guys and thus now we have no depth. Next year we will be sitting here wondering why AOC, White, and others cannot help a team that will not be as loaded with young talent as this one and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

He’s just not that kind of player. Should nas little shut it down, before the season he was a sure fire 4-6 draft pick whose now slipping to 8-10 in some mocks. Should he shut it down Incase he keeps slipping?

So should Duke go after OAD players? If a player like Zion wants to come to your school are you going to tell him no? I am sick of this attitude about the OAD vs 4 year players there was a time when Duke was missing on a lot of guys and people were concerned about not getting elite talent. You can’t have your cake and it to

So should Duke go after OAD players? If a player like Zion wants to come to your school are you going to tell him no? I am sick of this attitude about the OAD vs 4 year players there was a time when Duke was missing on a lot of guys and people were concerned about not getting elite talent. You can’t have your cake and it to
In no way did I say they should not take guys like that. I am saying we cannot let the 3 and 4 star guys sit and rot and not get any significant playing time. It hurts our depth, it showed last night and it will for darn sure show next year.

I have no doubt Zion will want to play when healthy...but you’d be ignorant to think he won’t have a ton of people in his ear saying otherwise.

It’s his choice but it’s also his family’s choice and any decision is the right one if they feel comfortable about it.

Reactions: dukesince91
Then do you want K to play guys for the sake of playing them and sacrifice wins? Let me tell you something people criticized K for having players like Scheyer and Nolan Smith when they were at Duke when they lost early on. Yes Duke won a title in 2010 but people were calling for K’s head from 2005-2009 it’s that simple

We do realize he has an 8 million dollar insurance policy if he falls below 16 in the draft right? I can’t envision him ever falling below 16, even if he did further damage, but the point being, he’s financially protected.

And I don’t think money is on his mind at all. He seems to genuinely love college and love Duke. And he’s an ultra competitor. But just to shove it back at the haters who just want him to leave because they hate Duke, the money is there for him.

I never cared for Jaylen Rose, but I appreciate all his positive comments he's made concerning the Duke program and staff. He said Zion's injury was an accident that could occur during training and that he should continue playing this season. I know all the haters are going to say that Coach K will be selfish and only care about W's.

Do you like his comments because he said what you hope happens? Cause I bet you didn't like pippens comments about him shutting it down

And jalen can kiss out rears all he wants he is still a major prick imo

Then do you want K to play guys for the sake of playing them and sacrifice wins? Let me tell you something people criticized K for having players like Scheyer and Nolan Smith when they were at Duke when they lost early on. Yes Duke won a title in 2010 but people were calling for K’s head from 2005-2009 it’s that simple

This is accurate, not to mention the staff probably didn’t think guys like Frank Jackson, Kennard, Tyus, and Winslow(iffy) would bolt early

In no way did I say they should not take guys like that. I am saying we cannot let the 3 and 4 star guys sit and rot and not get any significant playing time. It hurts our depth, it showed last night and it will for darn sure show next year.

Those players that aren’t the elite guys have some responsibility to get better as well. Alex looks very uncomfortable unless he’s shooting a jumper. Goldwire is the worst shooter in Duke history easily. Jack White has lost complete confidence in everything he does. It comes with the territory whe you get the truly elite players. It’s hard to get those quality 4 stars to come ride the bench behind them. Jordan Tucker would’ve been a perfect bench player for us but it’s hard to keep talent like that on the bench behind stars.

Reactions: DBM0828
Those players that aren’t the elite guys have some responsibility to get better as well. Alex looks very uncomfortable unless he’s shooting a jumper. Goldwire is the worst shooter in Duke history easily. Jack White has lost complete confidence in everything he does. It comes with the territory whe you get the truly elite players. It’s hard to get those quality 4 stars to come ride the bench behind them. Jordan Tucker would’ve been a perfect bench player for us but it’s hard to keep talent like that on the bench behind stars.

I’ll agree with some of this. It is a player responsibility to get better and to be ready when their name is called. Jordan Goldwire has made the most of his opportunities, he’s just not the most talented player of the bunch. Alex has not made anything of his opportunities. Jack White needs to take a good hard look at himself in the mirror and get pissed about this slump. Sometimes finding that edge that sense of pissedoffness will vault him out of this slump. If he feels sorry for himself the streak will continue and he’ll get deeper and deeper in the hole.

Jordan Tucker would have been very valuable to this team, I agree completely.

I’ll agree with some of this. It is a player responsibility to get better and to be ready when their name is called. Jordan Goldwire has made the most of his opportunities, he’s just not the most talented player of the bunch. Alex has not made anything of his opportunities. Jack White needs to take a good hard look at himself in the mirror and get pissed about this slump. Sometimes finding that edge that sense of pissedoffness will vault him out of this slump. If he feels sorry for himself the streak will continue and he’ll get deeper and deeper in the hole.

Jordan Tucker would have been very valuable to this team, I agree completely.

Sounds like we agreed on everything to me. But my point was these guys were brought here to play a certain complimentary role. Goldwire came for an emergency depth role. The bench just is what it is

Both Jack and Alex are working really hard.

For AC it’s really a matter of game reps. I’m not saying he should play more but no matter how talented a kid is...it’s hard to succeed in limited time. IMO the fact K gave him an extended run was great for him going forward. No he didn’t play great but he got to settle into a high energy game. Next time out his nerves will be less and hopefully a few good plays can swing his confidence.

White is playing his tail off...the shot just isn’t falling. I’d be disappointed in any Duke fan who didn’t appreciate how hard that kid works.

For AC it’s really a matter of game reps. I’m not saying he should play more but no matter how talented a kid is...it’s hard to succeed in limited time. IMO the fact K gave him an extended run was great for him going forward. No he didn’t play great but he got to settle into a high energy game. Next time out his nerves will be less and hopefully a few good plays can swing his confidence.

White is playing his tail off...the shot just isn’t falling. I’d be disappointed in any Duke fan who didn’t appreciate how hard that kid works.

Yes jack white has always played hard. But mentally he is starting to have lapses because of missing shots. He doesn’t seem confident at all when the ball touches his hand. And earlier in the season it just seemed like the ball always ended up in his hands on a rebound. Now he doesn’t do that at as high a level anymore. Idk if I’ve ever seen a mental collapse like this before

There’s pay the players talk too:rolleyes:. They do that I’m shutting it down.

This is what is wrong with College Basketball right now and why the rule needs to be changed. Either come out of high school to the NBA or wait for 2 years.
Duke has sold itself to the 1 and done rule and it worked out for us in 2015, but in my opinion, selling ourselves to this has hampered the development of our 4 year guys and thus now we have no depth. Next year we will be sitting here wondering why AOC, White, and others cannot help a team that will not be as loaded with young talent as this one and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Maybe we need to recruit more players. Like Kentucky. Because we cant count on our bench for any points. We have 3 players that can score on our team after that we have nothing. Out of all the top teams we might have the worst bench players.

The thing about Jack and Alex is both are big liabilities on defense. They are terrible on defense actually.

K has gotten lazy and complacent. When you see his upperclassmen vs the Upperclassmen from UNC it's a freaking joke. K no longer coaches but puts a team of 18 year old allstars on the court every season. The upperclassmen on the team virtually have 0 development and when called upon they look worse than most teams walkons. Truth

K has gotten lazy and complacent. When you see his upperclassmen vs the Upperclassmen from UNC it's a freaking joke. K no longer coaches but puts a team of 18 year old allstars on the court every season. The upperclassmen on the team virtually have 0 development and when called upon they look worse than most teams walkons. Truth
You are stupid.....truth

Imagine being this dumb. Maybe k should hold his 5*s back like Roy, little is really tearing it up

So do you think Zion might have deliberately sabotaged his own shoe to avoid a sub-par game and protect his draft stock?

So do you think Zion might have deliberately sabotaged his own shoe to avoid a sub-par game and protect his draft stock?

tenor.gif

So do you think Cam Reddish might have deliberately greased the floor because he was concerned that he wouldn't get enough touches with Zion in the game?

So if Coach K didn't curse so much, do you think Shav Randolph would have loaned Zion his half tennis ball shoe inserts?

Reactions: dukiejay
So do you think Zion faked the injury because he knew the team was going to go in the tank from this point forward and now he's going to pin all the losses on RJ?

So did Zion take a dive to pay back the bookie who loaned him the money for a bunch of jewelry?

Cant imagine a worse scenario for college BB than having a player sit out during the season to protect their draft status. The talking heads ( most of which are empty on ESPN) are stirring a pot that they should leave alone. It would be an unmitigated disaster if any college player took this route. For Zion...they obviously dont or havent taken the time to understand the kid. He loves playing for Duke, Coach K and with his team mates...he's playing this one out!

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT