ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

The_Only_Blue

Cameron Crazy
Nov 10, 2021
Other than him being out on an injury what's the update on Zion? I saw a post the other day on Instagram that he was up to 300 pounds. Then today I saw a clip of him taking a couple shots on YT and he does look that weight. I know we all love Z but he needs to get healthy and his weight down. He could be the face of the NBA (Between him and Giannis) in the coming years if he can stay healthy. Is he not being guided to eat better or does he not care now because he wants out of the Pelicans, or both? I know he will lose some of the weight once he starts playing again but it seems like he gains it right back in the off season. It's just not healthy

Last edited:
Some have heard (Dan Patrick who is very reliable) he is well north of 300. Just not good.

Unless he gets himself down to 270 (below his college 285), imo, his career is not going anywhere.

Really unfortunate because he has incredible potential. But he really is ruining his raw ability. His body can’t do what it does at that weight.

it’s also unfortunate that no one at New Orleans sat him down and emphatically told him, “you have to play at or under 270, because 285+ is too much for your joints to take with that vertical ability. We want you at 270 or we don’t want you on the court.“

Some have heard (Dan Patrick who is very reliable) he is well north of 300. Just not good.

Unless he gets himself down to 270 (below his college 285), imo, his career is not going anywhere.

Really unfortunate because he has incredible potential. But he really is ruining his raw ability. His body can’t do what it does at that weight.

it’s also unfortunate that no one at New Orleans sat him down and emphatically told him, “you have to play at or under 270, because 285+ is too much for your joints to take with that vertical ability. We want you at 270 or we don’t want you on the court.“
Agree 100%. I mean how can you let yourself go that much if you're injured? The one thing you can control is your weight. Please Zion, get it together. You got so much God given talent, don't let it go to waste.

A lot could have to do with him not really wanting to be a professional player. Zion really wanted to return to college. Once you hit the NBA it’s your job . He will get his weight down or I expect the Pelicans to begin penalizing him. Also I don’t think he makes it past his rookie contract as a pelican.

Yeah I just saw that pic on Twitter a few minutes ago. I don't know what to believe honestly because the video I saw on YouTube which he was in uniform taking a couple warm up shots looked like he was definitely bigger. Not 330 pounds big but definitely bigger than when he was at Duke. Regardless, he needs to keep his weight down and stay healthy

A good friend of mine is a head trainer at a big D1 football program - he said he fully gets why they’ve/he’s put weight on during rehab. Said there is a method development or rehab of specific injuries, healing them, then dropping weight, giving a solid/stronger structure with a lighter weight when returning to game action.

Reactions: Devilinside
Makes sense to me. Zion has always been a responsible kid. I do not believe he would intentionally ignore health needs by bulking up unless there was a strong medical/physiological reason for doing so.

Hope Zion gets it together, because right now no way he stays healthy. I remember they asked George Clooney about how he lost all this weight for a film and he said "I'm on this crazy new diet. It's called eat less." I hope Zion loses weight, for health reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Agree 100%. I mean how can you let yourself go that much if you're injured? The one thing you can control is your weight. Please Zion, get it together. You got so much God given talent, don't let it go to waste.
Lol 1st and foremost believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. (He’s not that big)
Now have you ever been injured? All you can do is sit on your ass and …EAT at first lol
Last Zion could call it quits today and he and his family are set for life. If he loves playing the game he WILL do what he needs to do to stay on the court. As of today this is a great time for him to work on his finesse game so he doesn’t have to rely on his athleticism so much to prolong his career. If he loves playing the game and isn’t hard headed this Injury could be a blessing in disguise good wake up call for him.

Lol 1st and foremost believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. (He’s not that big)
Now have you ever been injured? All you can do is sit on your ass and …EAT at first lol
Last Zion could call it quits today and he and his family are set for life. If he loves playing the game he WILL do what he needs to do to stay on the court. As of today this is a great time for him to work on his finesse game so he doesn’t have to rely on his athleticism so much to prolong his career. If he loves playing the game and isn’t hard headed this Injury could be a blessing in disguise good wake up call for him.
Let's hope

I have a feeling that there is some misinformation being floated around. I do not doubt that he gained some weight while he was injured but a lot of people can't resist the chance to denigrate other people whether to troll or for malice. Just for an example, RR never resists a chance to pile on Zion. They will never forgive him for not choosing UK and if I remember correctly, they were never really considered.

I have a feeling that there is some misinformation being floated around. I do not doubt that he gained some weight while he was injured but a lot of people can't resist the chance to denigrate other people whether to troll or for malice. Just for an example, RR never resists a chance to pile on Zion. They will never forgive him for not choosing UK and if I remember correctly, they were never really considered.
Yep and we all know who's sending out that misinformation. UK for Zion not picking them and cheater u just because they are cheater u. OFC

“Pelicans beat reporter says Zion was skipping rehab workouts and falling asleep during film session last week.”

Are we talking about the same Zion that was at Duke? Sounds like a load of BS just like the over exaggerated weight BS.

Reactions: Liftee
i would say it is BS. God knows I have seen it enough in my life. Let the man speak for himself. It is a broken bone. I broke my ankle one time, Jesus did that hurt And it took a long time to heal. While I am at it, those idiots that make fun of k back injury. i was trying to cut down a pine tree with a axe one time and i hit it wrong and pulled a muscle. Off to the EM room i went and steroid shots. they had to wheel chair me in. My point is never make fun about other peoples pain.

Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT