ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to duke Grandison! Updated- he committed

Ryan Young played 17 minutes a game at Northwestern...I would hate if he got anymore than 20 minutes a game. I really think folks are down on Lively and Flip and don't understand, to be honest. Both are top 5 kids- history tells us both should be very good next year.

Ryan Young played 17 minutes a game at Northwestern...I would hate if he got anymore than 20 minutes a game. I really think folks are down on Lively and Flip and don't understand, to be honest. Both are top 5 kids- history tells us both should be very good next year.
I don’t think no one is down on them. It’s seeing how quick they adapt to the college game . History don’t always repeat its self. Bates was the second coming until he reclasses and went to Memphis now he’s no where in next years draft listed as a high draft pick.
It’s easier to keep humble expectations and watch players over preform then set your self up for disaster as a fan

Reactions: christophero
No one is down on them they are freshman. Not every freshman is Banchero no matter how highly rated. But if Lively picks up 2 quick fouls we have Young or Mitchell.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
I don’t think no one is down on them. It’s seeing how quick they adapt to the college game . History don’t always repeat its self. Bates was the second coming until he reclasses and went to Memphis now he’s no where in next years draft listed as a high draft pick.
It’s easier to keep humble expectations and watch players over preform then set your self up for disaster as a fan
No I hear you and you bring up good points. I'm just saying we have a LONG history in the one and done era of top 5 kids playing at a very high level as a freshman. Parker, Jah, Tyus, Ingram, Tatum, Bagley, Carter, RJ, Zion, Big Vern and so on. I think Lively and Flip will both be stars next year.

No I hear you and you bring up good points. I'm just saying we have a LONG history in the one and done era of top 5 kids playing at a very high level as a freshman. Parker, Jah, Tyus, Ingram, Tatum, Bagley, Carter, RJ, Zion, Big Vern and so on. I think Lively and Flip will both be stars next year.
I agree. I think lively still needs muscle and weight but can play uptempo and around the rim . Waiting to see on Flip. It’s a long way before the season I just want them all to gel the rest will come

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Given we nearly had an epic meltdown the last game Jon coached I would say he needs to prove himself. I think he will. But time will tell. Having Roach will help.

Last edited:
I would be extremely surprised if Lively provides a lot of offense. Without that, and despite what history may say, I doubt we view him as an absolute star next year. But I do think he will be good, just a developing player. I think Whitehead and Flip will provide more offensively.

Is that the small forward in the portal?
It's Pete Nance who is a very good player. If he selects UNC, which I hope h e doesn't, he would/could be as good as Manek was for them last season. Nance's numbers are pretty good.

Reactions: sheyduke
It's Pete Nance who is a very good player. If he selects UNC, which I hope h e doesn't, he would/could be as good as Manek was for them last season. Nance's numbers are pretty good.
That's the guy they all want. (Except Puff). OFC

That's the guy they all want. (Except Puff). OFC
Agreed. Personally, Nance would have to share time at the PF/C position, so why would he go there. He could easily pick a team where he can play 25-30 minutes. I know UNC fans will say, come to UNC, because we can improve your draft position.

My response would be, there is no way UNC will improve his draft position. If that were true, then Manek would get drafted this year, which he won't. Also, if UNC can't improve the draft position of Bacot, Love, Davis, (which is why they're all back) then how can they do it for Nance?

Nance is an interesting player. I never watch Northwestern. He's the son of Larry Nance, the former Clemson and Cleveland Cavaliers star, and the brother of super-athlete, Larry Nance,Jr. .I assumed that Pete Nance is athletic, but he's rather slow and doesn't jump well. Pete Nance is tall and shoots well

I'm not sure why Nance would go to UNC. He could be better utilized at most other schools. He would provide insurance for Bacot injuries and foul trouble

As a UNC fan, the only transfer I wanted was Matthew Mayer from Baylor. I can't believe that Mayer didn't stay in the Draft

Last edited:
Nance is an interesting player. I never watch Northwestern. He's the son of Larry Nance, the former Clemson and Cleveland Cavaliers, and the brother of super-athlete, Larry Nance,Jr. .I assumed that Pete Nance is athletic, but he's rather slow and doesn't jump well. Pete Nance is tall and shoots well

I'm not sure why Nance would go to UNC. He could be better utilized at most other schools. He would provide insurance for Bacot injuries and foul trouble

As a UNC fan, the only transfer I wanted was Matthew Mayer from Baylor. I can't believe that Mayer didn't stay in the Draft
I would agree with most of this but Mayer was only really a PF, whereas Nance can play PF and C. I agree that he should go somewhere else, but for UNC, this is the type of player that could play multiple positions. Mayer was not likely to play multiple positions.

Nance would be more like Manek than Meyer would, which is why I hope he goes somewhere else.

We are really wringing our hands over a team that we play maybe 3 times in a given season, instead of worrying about ourselves.

However, I said before, unless this guy can hit 3 pointers with his toes just inside the baseline while keeping his heels in the air, he's not as good as Manek.

If our freshman live up to their billing we can beat them. But our young frontcourt will have their hands full. I'm not just going to assume a freshman is going to be better than Nance and Bascot. Maybe they will be, who knows. Young will be big in those games I think, like Theo was.

Reactions: hart2chesson
We are really wringing our hands over a team that we play maybe 3 times in a given season, instead of worrying about ourselves.
This is an easy answer, we hate Carolina and want to beat our rival. It's not that I think about them all year, but when the ACC season starts, I want them to suck. Also, because this is the offseason, talking about our rival who may bring a good player, is going to happen.

However, I said before, unless this guy can hit 3 pointers with his toes just inside the baseline while keeping his heels in the air, he's not as good as Manek.
You are correct! Manek hit two second half 3s from the right corner against Baylor that had me laughing like when Larry Bird used to get hot. Footwork to stay inbounds that would make a ballerina jealous

This is an easy answer, we hate Carolina and want to beat our rival. It's not that I think about them all year, but when the ACC season starts, I want them to suck.
Yep; that's it in a nutshell. And it's their players too. They always seem to get a pass from the UNC fanboy media despite some despicable jerks.

I clearly saw Bacot TRIP two players this year (Louisville game at Louisville, Baylor in NCAAs). Very little if anything was made about it. Bacot is also a consistent flopper. Nothing gets said.

UNC has had its share of dirty players, floppers,jerks and prima donnas dating back to the early 60s and Larry Brown. ( @skysdad where are you???).
George Karl?Sheed?? Brice Johnson?? Mahktar? I could go on....

johnl1219 is RIGHT!!! "I want them to suck."

OFC

Yep; that's it in a nutshell. And it's their players too. They always seem to get a pass from the UNC fanboy media despite some despicable jerks.

I clearly saw Bacot TRIP two players this year (Louisville game at Louisville, Baylor in NCAAs). Very little if anything was made about it. Bacot is also a consistent flopper. Nothing gets said.

UNC has had its share of dirty players, floppers,jerks and prima donnas dating back to the early 60s and Larry Brown. ( @skysdad where are you???).
George Karl?Sheed?? Brice Johnson?? Mahktar? I could go on....

johnl1219 is RIGHT!!! "I want them to suck."

OFC
Bacot also has a face only a mother could love 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
I want to beat Carolina as bad as the next guy, but I really like Bacot. Class act, non-stop motor. I’d love for him to be on our roster. Of course, if he had come to Duke, he’d have been a OAD.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT