ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Receives Notice of Allegations from NCAA

Another lie...

unc's Roy Williams says he hasn't seen NCAA allegations

North carolina basketball coach Roy Williams says he hasn't seen what's in the notice of allegations from the NCAA in connection with the school's academic fraud scandal.

The school said May 22 it had received the notice of allegations and would release it publicly after redactions to comply with privacy laws. Williams says he believes the release will occur soon.

Williams was in Michigan at Oakland Hills Country Club on Monday, participating in a golf event to raise money for the American Cancer Society.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article22808001.html

CGcUyfIUIAIU-l8.jpg

Wiedmer: Tar Heels may face tough call after NCAA allegation

But allow me to offer a slightly different spin on Dauster's idea. Given that the 2005 title appears to have been won by less than honorable means if McCants' claims are true that he would have been academically ineligible without the bogus courses -- he was unc's second-leading scorer that championship season and its third-leading scorer in the 75-70 win over Illinois for the title -- why not let Tar Heels coach Roy Williams decide which penalty he'd prefer?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/.../jun/01/tar-heels-may-face-tough-call/307200/

Wufwuf1
Strong pimp hand.
11036 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 2:46 PM

Re: unc Scandal: unc ‘Happy’ with Notice of Allegations

Part of an interesting discussion I had with Mark Weidmer. He gave me approval to say this.

"I'm not a huge fan of NCAA rules (and you can quote me on this), but I'm a bigger enemy of hypocrisy, and assuming what we think is in the allegations is really there, especially regarding McCants during that 2005 season, unc should be renamed Hypocrite U. and its logo placed in Webster's next to the word. The Duggars still look like saints next to all the secrets the Tar Heels tried to hide through their "carolina Way" propaganda.

Have a good week,

Mark"

Any chance at the same time the NCAA blows the tarholes out of the water by vacating games and NC banners, the ACC will get rid of Swofford as well. I don't understand how someone with that kind of connection got to be commish to begin with. Also, maybe with him gone, we can finally get around to an ACC tv contract that doesn't involve his son. In fact , maybe we can get on with getting the channel period. Oh, well, guess I am just dreaming about the NCAA actually doing something worthwhile to them and the rest of the dream is about a real live acc channel , sans any nepotism from Swofford.

Roy and Fedora are running around like a bunch of giddy school girls these days. Expect nothing to happen and sports like baseball and women's basketball to be the scapegoat.

Reactions: skysdad
Yes they did! If the punishment falls in line with the charges then they will pay big time! I love it!

The radio guys on The Fan in Durham are such UNC turds. My blood was boiling earlier listen to them say the only ones that knew what was going on were the AFAM department people. Yeah, we all believe the AFAM department were giving fake classes just for the heck of it. Tons of athletes signed up, yet it wasn't common knowledge amongst athletics dept. employees that the classes were bogus. Very believable.

I hope they get the worst penalty possible just to shut up these backwards hicks and con artists.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The radio guys on The Fan in Durham are such UNC turds. My blood was boiling earlier listen to them say the only ones that knew what was going on were the AFAM department people. Yeah, we all believe the AFAM department were giving fake classes just for the heck of it. Tons of athletes signed up, yet it wasn't common knowledge amongst athletics dept. employees that the classes were bogus. Very believable.

I hope they get the worst penalty possible just to shut up these backwards hicks and con artists.
Wasn't Roy quoted as pulling players from AFAM after few seasons b/c he knew something was amiss. McCants will hopefully release a statement. Let's get him on Feinstein show!

Wasn't Roy quoted as pulling players from AFAM after few seasons b/c he knew something was amiss. McCants will hopefully release a statement. Let's get him on Feinstein show!
There were 5 level one charges against UNC. How many charges did the Cuse have against them.Hopefully UNC gets hammered like they did

Sadly, I still don't think they will get more than a slap on the wrist. Just a feeling.

Sadly, I still don't think they will get more than a slap on the wrist. Just a feeling.

Anything's possible but FIVE Level I Infractions? LOIC? If the NCAA wanted to slap 'em on the wrist they coulda gave some kinda hint at it today. They didn't. Keep in mind that Art Chansky and the unx "insiders" were tellin' us football and basketball wouldn't even get mentioned. They did. Big time. But , again , anything's possible and this IS unx we're talkin' about. Dirty as they come.

Anything's possible but FIVE Level I Infractions? LOIC? If the NCAA wanted to slap 'em on the wrist they coulda gave some kinda hint at it today. They didn't. Keep in mind that Art Chansky and the unx "insiders" were tellin' us football and basketball wouldn't even get mentioned. They did. Big time. But , again , anything's possible and this IS unx we're talkin' about. Dirty as they come.
I hope you're right. There is absolutely no question that they are deserving of appropriate punishment. I hope all of the publicity helps ensure it. However, it's UNCheat. I hope they get exactly what they deserve, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

I hope you're right. There is absolutely no question that they are deserving of appropriate punishment. I hope all of the publicity helps ensure it. However, it's UNCheat. I hope they get exactly what they deserve, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Two year probation and the loss of one scholly for those two years. That's it. OFC

Two year probation and the loss of one scholly for those two years. That's it. OFC

Chris Corchiani and Rodney Monroe sat out a self-Imposed NCAA tournament their Junior Year because of LOIC, primarily because of players selling tickets and shoes, neither of which resulted in a competitive advantage.

This UNC case is 100 times worse than what Valvano did. Not even in the same stratosphere.

In the NCSU 30 for 30 when Coach K say it was "just wrong what they did to him (Jimmy V)", who do you think he was talking about?

It seems obvious he was talking about the CD Spangler led UNC Board of Governors, who orchestrated the Poole Commission to investigate NCSU to bring down Valvano, who have been sleeping at the wheel on this one.

It is evident there has been criminal cover-up at the UNC Board of Governors over this entire issue, especially after the rabid investigation of Valvano.

People should be serving time over it....as K said...."it's just wrong what they did to him."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT