ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Receives Notice of Allegations from NCAA

Get your SONS jacket (well, hoodie), Tar Heel style, in time to enjoy the 'Notice of Allegations'. They'll be going fast.

Sons%20of%20Anarchy%20NOA%20%20Chapel%20Hill_1.jpg

OFC

SCATHING...!!!

unc TARHEELS BRACING FOR LIKELY POSTSEASON BAN

The University of North carolina Tar Heels won three NCAA men’s basketball titles as their players cheated their way to eligibility. The academic misconduct of players past may turn the dreams of a 2016 NCAA title of players present into a nightmare.

And given the malfeasance involves the football team and other varsity programs, the unc athletic program likely faces lean times.

unc acknowledged receiving notice Friday from the NCAA of possible infractions violations. unc-Chapel Hill Chancellor Carol L. Folt and Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham issued a joint statement explaining their reasons for keeping the content of the notice secret for now:

We take these allegations very seriously, and we will carefully evaluate them to respond within the NCAA’s 90-day deadline. The University will publicly release the NCAA’s notice as soon as possible. The notice is lengthy and must be prepared for public dissemination to ensure we protect privacy rights as required by federal and state law. When that review for redactions is complete, the University will post the notice on the carolina Commitment website and notify the news media. When we respond to the NCAA’s allegations, we will follow this same release process.

Consistent with NCAA protocols, the University cannot comment on details of the investigation until it is completed.

The academic misconduct scandal, embroiling professors and bureaucrats as well as students, lasted at least 18 years. It primarily involved no-show classes and easy-A paper assignments. The school’s African and Afro-American Studies Department allegedly oversaw the scheme to keep at-risk athletes eligible. Though athletes make up about 4 percent of the student body at unc, they composed nearly half of the 3,100 undergraduates taking the bogus courses.

The unc-authorized Wainstein Report noted of Debbie Crowder, an office worker in the African and Afro-American Studies Department allegedly overseeing some of the fraud courses:

Specifically, she designed and offered what are called “paper classes.” These were classes that were taught on an independent study basis for students and student-athletes whom Crowder selected. Like traditional independent studies at Chapel Hill or any other campus, these classes entailed no class attendance and required only the submission of a single research paper. Unlike traditional independent studies, however, there was no faculty member involved in managing the course and overseeing the student’s research and writing process. In fact, the students never had a single interaction with a faculty member; their only interaction was with Crowder, the Student Services Manager who was not a member of the University faculty.

With such evidence already outlined in the Wainstein Report, punishment—to numerous sports programs at unc—may arrive swiftly. The NCAA ruling could also tarnish the legacy of the late Dean Smith, who coached the men’s basketball team as the cheating allegedly began. And with Syracuse University receiving a postseason ban after the NCAA found it guilty of far lesser crimes, Tar Heels fans may need to brace themselves for a seismic punishment.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/05/25/unc-tarheels-bracing-for-likely-postseason-ban/

pointwolf
A wise man, indeed
12714 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 10:26 AM

Re: unc Scandal: unc ‘Happy’ with Notice of Allegations

OK .....back in town. Learned a couple of things.

1 The unc scandal cost them the ncaa baseball bid.....(they did not deserve it without the scandal.)

2 Some unc spinmeisters are telling the ncaa selection committee that they would understand not being selected....(BS they are not wanting the scandal brought up in their games. This is PR advice to stay out of the tourney and promote goodwill. This will become a sore spot with fans.

3 unc fans are ticked to not be in the tourney. They think they should have been in instead of Clemson and it should not matter that they split with Clemson and that Clemson wins over FSU (3-1) and the split with UofL (2-2) did not matter. NOt to mention a losing ACC record for unc.

4 NOA. .....my sources are saying that there is a lot of confusion on the NOA. Best I can determine, I see the following:
a Scale of 1-10
b They deserve a 10 and the unc crowd expects a 4.......I see a strong 8 based on info from 3 other non NC schools. The problem is the lack of follow up from major news sources outside of NC. The outside interest in NC sports is tempered by their interest in their own sports teams. We on PP are guilty of not following many teams outside our own conference. unc has gotten good bang for the buck with their legal costs. Without all the lawyers they get a 10 in a heart beat.

"Inside" sources at unx sayin' the fix is in. The CHeats and their crack legal team have managed to cow the NCAA into gift-wrapping another wristslap. Those sources say Indy , under threat of being sued , have agreed to give unx a big fine , some probation and call it a day. All activity between now and a final verdict is , like so many unx investigations before ,a dog-n-pony show...a sham. Anything's possible , I suppose , but a courtroom is the LAST place unx wants to be what with things like "discovery" , "subpoena power" and whatnot. FWIW.

I've been saying all along that UNC will get off light. I hope I'm dead wrong on this. This will change things forever as it will give the green light to all out cheating throughout collegiate athletics and it will be not known as cheating any more just a part of the game. We live in a corrupt society where integrity and honor no longer exist. The results of the UNC academic scandal may be the biggest decision ever in college athletics. I sincerely wish that integrity and good will prevail and justice will be served. We will see just exactly what "The Carolina Way" means. OFC

When the penalty and conclusions are announced, after all the legal machinations, it will most likely be an outrage to thinking fans and ACC schools. The NCAA as an institution is what it is. Probably means nothing, but one thing UNC cannot fix or buy is integrity. That is long gone and lost forever in Chapel Hill. Small consolation, I know.

Reactions: skysdad
When the penalty and conclusions are announced, after all the legal machinations, it will most likely be an outrage to thinking fans and ACC schools. The NCAA as an institution is what it is. Probably means nothing, but one thing UNC cannot fix or buy is integrity. That is long gone and lost forever in Chapel Hill. Small consolation, I know.
True but UNC and their fans truly feel that no wrong has been done. OFC

Come on fellow Duke fans, please quit saying the Holes will get off lightly. I know you are trying to lighten the blow in case they do escape with little penalty but guys you gotta keep the faith and hope for the best for us good guys. Come on NCAA, please do the sporting world justice and fry the bastards.

Well just wuptie do. Really what does this mean. How long is this going to drag out. Which lamb will be sacrificed next. It certainly won't be one of the good old boy's club will it. The only way anything substantial will happen if some of the alumni that contributes great amounts of money to the athletic program has the courage . integrity and standards come and say we are through giving money to our university that cheats. We are proud of the way we earned our degrees and not only is this embarrassing to UNC alumni it is a disgrace to every person who earned their grades by going to class, studying, working our way through school, taking out student loans o get our degrees and paying them back for years and the citizens of the state of North Carolina whose taxes go to support this university and keep it going. The scum all of them need to lose their jobs whether they are still working for UNC or worked for UNC during the time of violations who may have a current job that whose decisions not only effect the university he got his degree from of which is UNC but the entire ACC. OFC

Yep. I don't think that the NCAA can come down on UNC b/c UNC is a "golden boy" and the NCAA is too invested in keeping such programs alive and well; and too fragile. If UNC were to lose titles (which it should - as even many of their own highly respected faculty members have indicated should happen) - it would really bring CBB and college athletics in general into a dark zone. That would be good and perhaps force the NCAA into radical - and needed - changes. But, they don't want that.

It's a self-protective measure for the NCAA.

Yep. I don't think that the NCAA can come down on UNC b/c UNC is a "golden boy" and the NCAA is too invested in keeping such programs alive and well; and too fragile. If UNC were to lose titles (which it should - as even many of their own highly respected faculty members have indicated should happen) - it would really bring CBB and college athletics in general into a dark zone. That would be good and perhaps force the NCAA into radical - and needed - changes. But, they don't want that.

It's a self-protective measure for the NCAA.
Agree. Can one even imagine the fall out if NC's were vacated, victories going back 18 years were taken away, individual reputations tarnished that are no longer with us, individuals found to be involved who now hold high positions in college athletics. No none of this will happen. The individuals who have already lost their jobs and maybe one or two more will become sacrificial lambs and a little probation will be the verdict. Then we will have to hear that UNC has suffered unfairly enough already and it has cost them undue criticism and are victims. I say SHAME ON YOU. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
F the heels. they are in this position due to their own neglegance. when allegations first came out they went into and continue to be in cover up mode by trying to cover the problem as opposed to finding out what happened. this action brought on investigation after investigation. i love it when unc fans get so bent out of shape by all the investigations and the time this has taken to resolve. i hope the ncaa continues to draw this out as long as possible. the longer it goes the more question arise as to how this will be handled. i truly believe that if unc would have been honest from the beginning this would have been over a long time ago. now that they have gone the other direction i hope it continues to bite them in the arse and their play on the court suffers along with their recruiting.

unx did it right. When they cheated , they cheated BIG! They deserve the Death Penalty plus banners removed plus coaches/administrators fired plus a deeper look into Fats/Iceberg/Wheelz4Heelz etc...the whole nine. Thing is , they won't get that just because the offenses are so egregious that the only way to properly sanction unx is to slam 'em so hard they would cease to function for 5 - 10 years...and we all know the NCAA won't do that. Only unx could be so corrupt their offenses outsize any possible sanctions. "The carolina way." Hang a banner. BTW...OADD's "Whistling Past The Graveyard" cartoon made it to Pack Pr

Openness is key to unc-CH’s response to NCAA findings

Considering the dreadful way the University of North carolina at Chapel Hill has handled a wide-ranging athletics-academic scandal of four years running, expectations for how the university would respond to the NCAA’s findings in its own investigation were low. This is a public institution that in the course of this humiliating scandal has obfuscated, rationalized and acted with arrogance in terms of its obligations to the public.

So here it is, then, for Chancellor Carol Folt, who holds all the responsibility for what happens now in response to the NCAA’s findings, which the university now has. Folt was not the chancellor when the scandal broke, essentially driving a chancellor, Holden Thorp, from the campus and an athletics director, Dick Baddour, into retirement.

But now Folt must open all the doors and windows and put her responsibility to the public first. If, instead, the university’s administration delays public release of the NCAA findings to remove information from the report in the name of “privacy rights” (the phrase the university has already used after receiving the NCAA’s report) and otherwise tries to soften the blow of these findings, it will be Folt who is responsible for the failure of a public university to act like one.

A report from Washington attorney Kenneth Wainstein, which cost $3 million, found appalling instances of phony classes with many athletes in them, an advising system steering athletes to those classes and a miserable failure in oversight. Now comes the NCAA, college athletics’ weak governing body and protector of a multibillion-dollar industry, with its own findings. Considering the penalties it has levied on other schools with much less serious accusations against them, the NCAA is going to be feeling the heat from its members to punish Chapel Hill for one of the worst athletic-academic scandals in the history of the organization.

Folt likely will have to go against the advice of some on her staff and in the corps of athletics boosters, who’ll be encouraging her to delay and release as little information as possible. But in 2011, the university was forthcoming quickly with an NCAA notice about football players who had gotten improper benefits from agents and help from a tutor.

unc-Chapel Hill comes to this point with its reputation wounded and its credibility low. As this four-year saga unfolded, various university officials kept trying to explain and rationalize claims by people such as former academic counselor Mary Willingham, who told of athletes unqualified to do course work at a college level. She was blasted for her truth, and then Wainstein’s report confirmed much of what she said. In the end, the university reached a settlement with her, but one that did not include, as it should have, restoration of her job.

If the university delays a competent release of the NCAA findings, meaning one that is not “redacted” to death, then its credibility is going to suffer even more. The public simply isn’t going to buy a claim that half a report is enough. Doing that kind of thing will not put an end to this disgraceful episode in the university’s history. It will only prolong it.

Federal law protects the confidentiality of student academic records, but not the records of university employees. The privacy of university employee records can be waived under the state personnel law if disclosure is essential to maintaining the integrity of a department. Certainly it is essential now.

What is needed now is a chancellor, a leader, who will not be led by misguided advisers who want to keep the lid on the NCAA’s findings. Rather, Folt must respond in a way that shows she understands that this is the people’s university and that there is an overriding obligation to report to the people, even when much of that report is liable to be unpleasant and embarrassing.

http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article22374144.html

There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...nc-investigation-wrong-a-2016-postseason-ban/

Dauster's a fool. He didn't like the post-season ban on SU either or UConn either. The entire "It's unfair to punish kids not involved" is nonsense for a number of reasons...

1) Kids are collateral damage. Even if innocent , so what? unx can't be punished without punishing the kids too. Unfortunate but it is what it is. Besides , it's the SCHOOL at fault. Those upset at the NCAA leveling a post-season ban should be upset at the adults who caused it.

2) Who says these kids are "innocent" anyway? This was a 20+ year scam. Don't tell me these kids knew nothing about it. They either knew about it or knew about it and wet their beaks too. Again , 20+ years. unx didn't just STOP cheating one day. They didn't stop after the first wrist slap from the NCAA and didn't stop after the first go-round with SACS. Now , both are back on campus. unx is corrupt to the bone.

3) By developing this scam , unx proved they didn't give care about these players. They want ME to care about 'em? I don't think so. Others can't be the conscience unx lacks.

4) unx doesn't wanna penalize current players but is fightin' tooth-n-nail to preserve past ill-gotten gains of those who DEFINITELY deserve punishment. Vacating wins and banners is the only way to spare the current kids but Bubba's already said it..."No self-sanctions." unx , as usual , wants it both ways. Again , to those concerned about the kids playing now focus your anger where it belongs. The NCAA won't be punishing these kids. unx did that.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...nc-investigation-wrong-a-2016-postseason-ban/

Dauster's a fool. He didn't like the post-season ban on SU either or UConn either. The entire "It's unfair to punish kids not involved" is nonsense for a number of reasons...

1) Kids are collateral damage. Even if innocent , so what? unx can't be punished without punishing the kids too. Unfortunate but it is what it is. Besides , it's the SCHOOL at fault. Those upset at the NCAA leveling a post-season ban should be upset at the adults who caused it.

2) Who says these kids are "innocent" anyway? This was a 20+ year scam. Don't tell me these kids knew nothing about it. They either knew about it or knew about it and wet their beaks too. Again , 20+ years. unx didn't just STOP cheating one day. They didn't stop after the first wrist slap from the NCAA and didn't stop after the first go-round with SACS. Now , both are back on campus. unx is corrupt to the bone.

3) By developing this scam , unx proved they didn't give care about these players. They want ME to care about 'em? I don't think so. Others can't be the conscience unx lacks.

4) unx doesn't wanna penalize current players but is fightin' tooth-n-nail to preserve past ill-gotten gains of those who DEFINITELY deserve punishment. Vacating wins and banners is the only way to spare the current kids but Bubba's already said it..."No self-sanctions." unx , as usual , wants it both ways. Again , to those concerned about the kids playing now focus your anger where it belongs. The NCAA won't be punishing these kids. unx did that.

I agree, DevilDJ. This is all on UNC. They can stop the madness anytime with self punishment. And they can set the players free to transfer...they don't have to be punished. But UNC will use the present players as hostages if they can leverage any usefulness from sympathy directed their way. What an evil bunch. Anything to save their precious basketball program.

OFC

Scathing...

Fraud issue is not academic

University of North Carolina officials aren't commenting on a pending NCAA investigation, but they sure are sweating it.

The drip, drip, drip of an academic scandal surrounding college athletics turned into a flood last week when the NCAA formally charged the University of North Carolina with operating a sham educational program designed to keep athletes eligible.

The specifics of what the NCAA has alleged have not been disclosed by UNC officials. But a previous investigation by an outside lawyer hired by the university indicates that UNC for nearly two decades offered no-show classes to both athletes and non-athletes.

The report, which was completed by Washington, D.C. lawyer Kenneth Wainstein, suggested that as many as 3,100 students participated in the no-show classes, half of them athletes.

UNC has 90 days to respond to the charges. Given the result of Wainstein's investigation, it's hard to imagine it will dispute much of what the NCAA alleges.

This is a stunning story — a university creating a phony academic program for nefarious purposes. Some might say it shows a lack of institutional control. Actually, it demonstrates the opposite, and that's what makes it so egregious.

The sham academics were a university program, presided over by academics who embraced fraud for a variety of reasons that included ensuring the success of the school's high profile basketball and football programs. The president may not have been fully informed, but that hardly mitigates the fallout from this years-long conspiracy, one that dates back to the days of venerated former basketball coach Dean Smith.

Two aspects of this embarrassment stand out:

— the sheer audacity of institutionalizing academic fraud. It was standard operating procedure.

— the NCAA's reluctance to take a close look at what was going on. Supposedly the neutral enforcer of the rules, the NCAA was dragged kicking and screaming into this probe.

At one point, it dismissed what occurred as purely a university matter in which the NCAA had no interest.

That position was, for obvious reasons, untenable. That's why the NCAA was embarrassed into taking a second look last year after Wainstein's report confirmed details about what occurred that had only previously been the subject of speculation in the news media.

The controversy has been a long-running soap opera at UNC, dating back five years to when a UNC insider complained about what was going on and was subsequently fired by the university.

The whistleblower, Mary Willingham, has since co-authored a book on the subject with Jay Smith that is entitled, "Cheated: The UNC Scandal, the Education of Athletes, and the Future of Big-Time College Sports."

What's occurred at UNC does speak volumes about the outsized role played by major college sports. But it does not necessarily speak to the way all major colleges and universities operate their programs.

What occurred at UNC goes way beyond the chiseling that may occur from time to time in place to place. This was a systemic response to the ongoing issue of keeping academically-challenged athletes eligible in UNC's two major revenue sports, to the point that it's hard to imagine that those who benefitted from it, including the coaches, either made it a point to know what was going on or preserved deniability by making it a point not to know — wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

UNC head basketball coach Roy Williams insists he had no idea what was happening. But he's acknowledged that "mistakes were made" while complaining that the scandal has been blown out of proportion.

It's hard to imagine how a scandal of this nature could be blown out of proportion. It goes to the very root of what higher education is supposed to be about.

This story will continue to unfold in the coming weeks as UNC seeks to minimize the consequences of what occurred while the reluctant inquisitors at the NCAA pursue an investigation they sought to avoid.

http://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2015-05-27/fraud-issue-not-academic.html

The entire "It's unfair to punish kids not involved" is nonsense for a number of reasons...

1) Kids are collateral damage. Even if innocent , so what? unx can't be punished without punishing the kids too. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

This is basketball, not war. That attitude is hard enough to defend in war.

Should have added. This is the reason why Swoffard should never have been allowed to be ACC commish. Schools outside of NC view him as giving all the NC schools perks, not just Tarhole tech...He went with them to the NCAA the last time they got into trouble.. I think it was because of something the football team had done at the time.

I just wish the NCAA to get out of the outhouse. They've been in there long enough to take 25 craps. If they are going to let UNC off the hook just go ahead and do it. If they have enough to put some hurt on UNC have the guts to do the right thing then do it and not worry about what the power of UNC Corporation will try do to them. This is still The United States of America. If I ever had a little respect for UNC it's all gone now and I hope all UNC lurkers read this. Even if they do get off scott free the truth is the truth an it can be swept under the rug but it's still under the rug. SHAME, SHAME , SHAME on those involved. Where is your integrity and honor? hpnole is right. John Swofford should have never been ACC Commissioner simply because of conflict of interest and should lose his job because of this. But his next job will probably be head of the NCAA or a newly created NCAA Commissioner. Just give us all a break so we can move on. OFC

I just wish the NCAA to get out of the outhouse. They've been in there long enough to take 25 craps. If they are going to let UNC off the hook just go ahead and do it. If they have enough to put some hurt on UNC have the guts to do the right thing then do it and not worry about what the power of UNC Corporation will try do to them. This is still The United States of America. If I ever had a little respect for UNC it's all gone now and I hope all UNC lurkers read this. Even if they do get off scott free the truth is the truth an it can be swept under the rug but it's still under the rug. SHAME, SHAME , SHAME on those involved. Where is your integrity and honor? hpnole is right. John Swofford should have never been ACC Commissioner simply because of conflict of interest and should lose his job because of this. But his next job will probably be head of the NCAA or a newly created NCAA Commissioner. Just give us all a break so we can move on. OFC

unc LEADERS WON'T DISCUSS NCAA ALLEGATIONS IN ACADEMIC CASE

North carolina's campus leaders are not discussing allegations of potential NCAA rules violations stemming from the school's academic fraud scandal.

University Chancellor Carol Folt and trustees chairman Lowry Caudill on Thursday deflected questions about the case. The school said last week it has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, which uses the document to specify rule violations after an investigation. unc has not publicly released the notice.

Folt said the Chapel Hill school is preparing its response, which is due within 90 days and could lead to a hearing with the organization's infractions committee.

The NCAA last year reopened a probe into academic misconduct in the African studies department involving fake courses that resulted in inflated grades. Roughly half the students in the irregular courses were athletes.

The school said back then that it was looking into allegations of plagiarism, tutors who violated rules, faculty who failed to provide oversight, alleged unethical conduct by an assistant coach, and allegations that players got perks from professional sports agents.

At the conclusion of its first investigation, the NCAA said the school was "responsible for multiple violations, including academic fraud, impermissible agent benefits, ineligible participation, and a failure to monitor its football program."

Penalties imposed by the association included a one-year postseason ban, a reduction of 15 football scholarships, vacation of records, and three years' probation.

Despite the NCAA investigation, internal investigations, and a report from former Governor Jim Martin, unc's problems did not go away. Then, in October, 2014, unc released the report of former federal prosecutors Kenneth Wainstein - who it commissioned to re-investigate the allegations of academic irregularities.

The more than 130-page report uncovered 18 years of academic fraud at the school. It showed 3,100 students were enrolled in so-called paper classes, many of them were athletes. Those classes required little to no work. Over the span of almost two decades, the report showed student athletes were steered toward those classes to boost their grades and eligibility. The problems centered on the academic department formerly named African and Afro-American Studies.

The Wainstein report was shared with NCAA investigators, and now the school is learning the results of the NCAA re-investigation. It could mean the school will face new sanctions.

http://abc11.com/746213/

CGHnh7jWEAAbCOh.jpg

Cheating Blue Ram‏@CheatingBlueRam

Reported on @Insidecarolina "Rest assured, the COI has marching orders." "We have them [@NCAA] by the balls."

CGHCE2lWEAEPWQP.png:large

Jay Smith‏@jaysmith711

On speculation about which teams are in unc's NOA, the real question is this: did the NCAA look at transcripts or not? Truth = transcripts.

Reactions: dukefan5151
Jay Smith‏@jaysmith711

On speculation about which teams are in unc's NOA, the real question is this: did the NCAA look at transcripts or not? Truth = transcripts.

I just can't see how NCAA can allow any UNC championships to stand if any player on any of those teams ever took a fake independent study class in AFAM department. It would literally take anyone just 5 minutes to check each players transcript to see if he took that particular course number. Precedent has already been set with Derrick Rose and Fab Melo both having their entire teams victories removed due to just one player being found guilty of academic fraud.

Reactions: pisgah101
Does the fact that we are almost a week into them having the notice and not releasing anything not tell us it must be pretty bad?

The FIRST time unx received an NOA , they released it within hours. Of course it was only their historically lousy-to-mediocre football program that was under the microscope back then and even unx fans don't much care about that cesspool of national irrelevance. This time? Well , basketball ( and other sports ) are involved and they're holding onto it. There seems to be some speculation as to exactly WHEN unx received it too. The holes lost their sheet when Ingram mentioned that Roy said something about it during his in-home. Eventually , unx'ers convinced themselves that either Brandon misspoke or , somehow , K was involved. lol. Anyway , if the NOA was full of all this "good news" we've heard so much about , it seems logical that the holes would've posted it asap. Of course , "logic" and unx don't often bump into each other these days so who knows? Anyway , check this out.
Tarhole apologist Shaw , president of the Pope Center , gets eviscerated in the "COMMENTS" section. Enjoy...

News & Observer Does It Again

http://lockerroom.johnlocke.org/2015/05/25/news-observer-does-it-again/

Some odds an' ends from unx alum Bob Lee...

May 28,15: No, I have not been kidnapped by Chechian terrorists. My sporadicalicity over the past month will become abundantly clear in “just a few more days” when this universe we share will turn upside down. You think I’m kidding don’t you? Just wait! It has nothing to do with that stoopid unc crap.

One ABC theorist surmised I had relegated my role as Official Chronicler of unc’s Most InGlorious Tire Fire in An Academic Landfill to “Br’er Chansky. With due respect to Arthur’s recent provocative essays, I have relegated nothing. Speaking of “nothing”, a column on “Chancellor Chihuahua got a letter” would be nothing. ..... Onward.

I return you now to what ever tenterhook you are hanging from while waiting for the "redactors" to finish redacting. And THEN the real fun begins....

COMMENTS:

58 Wolf Kennel

Looking forward to hearing about your "BIG NEWS", or whatever. I hope it doesn't alter the location of your endeavors, the nature of BL sensitive writings, or the size of your head :>)).

I do have some follow-up info on the letter Reed and I wrote seeking out a TGU conscience or redemption from some of the cast of characters. It's now slotted where it needs to go, and we'll just have to wait for any positive results. Also have some comments after sitting at DBAP for 6 consecutive days and interacting with some very interesting people.

Also have some comments on the NOA and actions currently happening, but will have to wait until next week.

BL:

The Future is Ahead of us. All will be revealed next week at least what I control. Little Carol may still be redacting.

Doug

Sylvia frying is not surprising but feel sorry for the assistants because there aren't as many opportunities to move on as many would want us to believe.

BL:

Always lots of unintended victims in these messes.

TheCowdog

So...no terrorists, but you failed to rule out alien abduction. Are we about to get the BIG truth?

BL:

"get the BIG Truth"??? Suuuure we are.

I was over "there" today and got three more different reports from "reliable sources". :) ..... Most are saying FB "escapes". No one sure about Roy. Sylvia seems certain to fry.... but who cares.

Looking like "next week" now. Chanc Chihuahua seems much more afraid of FERPA than the NCAA or ABCers. What a pinhead!

I'm telling you CDog, Monty Python would reject this script as TOO ABSURD!

Ray Rogers

One of your best columns in a long, long time! Really heart-felt on your part. Unfortunately, these events seem to be coming a little quicker than in the past. Guess we're all just getting older. Great column!

BL:

Thanks Ray. Sure better than beating the dead horse of unc Scandal... but I fear THAT is a long way from over. :-(

http://www.bobleesays.com/Blogs/BobLee-Says/May-2015/Ev-One-of-the-Sara-Lee-People.aspx

Diamond is nasty I didn't even realize she was gunna be a lady vol but I'm glad! And I always liked Ivory Lata too looks like women's b-ball is gunna take a hit for sure come on announce Marcus page is transferring! Lol

Dean...?

Paper Class Inc. ‏@paperclassinc

Woke up this morning thinking that #Cheated was only Volume I.
@unc @NCAA NOA Redaction Day Number 7?

Gerald Gurney ‏@GeraldGurney1

@paperclassinc @unc @NCAA Shouldn't take a week to redact names to protect students. What is unc hiding?

David Rippey ‏@david_rippey

@GeraldGurney1 @paperclassinc @unc @NCAA #transparency? Is this what they're striving for regarding openness? If so, terrible effort.

B. David Ridpath ‏@drridpath

@GeraldGurney1 @paperclassinc @unc @NCAA really hard to argue that. It is better to get it out or optically looks like obfuscation again.

Mr. Bustin Clays ‏@citori525

@GeraldGurney1 @paperclassinc @unc @NCAA lets just say they did not get the report that they were expecting.

Flynnside Info ‏@FlynnsideInfo

.@citori525 you hearing the same things I am re: #unc attempting to redact all references to Dean? #NOA #fraud

https://twitter.com/GeraldGurney1/with_replies

Jay Smith ‏@jaysmith711

'The problem is not...bad people. The problem is that the system forces good people to close their eyes' to flaws...
http://www.carltbogus.com/edmund-a-blog/91-dear-alma-mater

Gerald Gurney ‏@GeraldGurney1

@jaysmith711 disagree. These are bad people with no conscience.

Jay Smith‏@jaysmith711

@GeraldGurney1 And then there were the architects of the cover-up. For them I have no sympathy.

Will Carol Survive This One?

The NCAA has sent its findings about fraudulent classes for athletes and such to unc, and Chancellor Folt is in a tough spot. Given her poor performance at crisis management heretofore, one has to wonder if her days in the top job in Chapel Hill are numbered. The News & Observer is oblique in its criticism — after all, Folt & Co. blasted whistleblower Mary Willingham (here and here), nobody else — but in calling for leadership, the editorial’s subtext is the observation that there hasn’t been a leader in the Chancellor’s post for far too long, and there isn’t one there now:

Folt%20NCAA%20Report%20Comp-thumb-525x464.jpg

The unc Board, long wondering why it chose Carol two years ago, might finally act on its doubts.

http://www.dartblog.com/data/2015/05/012094.php

Opinions vary...

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

unc Case..media and hoops folks that will want blood, major hit will be very disappointed

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Hearing Roy Williams very convincing talking to NCAA about no knowledge of phony classes...before u kill me understand I'm always right

https://twitter.com/dandakich

.@CheatingBlueRam @dandakich Simply untrue. Sources I've spoken to say it reads like Notice of Atrocities...#unc is expecting blood. #NOA

I'm told it's a fact Tami lawyered up several weeks ago. Assume that's when #unc really received the #NOA @citori525 @CheatingBlueRam

.@citori525 unless they pull a miracle and scrub Tami/Fats from the #NOA, #unc is learning the hard way not everyone can hide behind FERPA

.@citori525 they are panicking. NCAA had been informed of potential lawsuits (think '05 Ill.) and wouldn't risk not dropping the hammer #NOA

https://twitter.com/FlynnsideInfo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT