ADVERTISEMENT

Thornton Reclassifies and Commits!

Great news. Welcome to the family young man.

ESPN now lists him as the third-ranked point guard and the 17th overall player in 2015. That's pretty big for a guy that was in the next class until now.

I also thought the article shed some light on the fact that the staff didn't really see a 5th year guy they liked. Interesting.

ESPN now lists him as the third-ranked point guard and the 17th overall player in 2015. That's pretty big for a guy that was in the next class until now.

I also thought the article shed some light on the fact that the staff didn't really see a 5th year guy they liked. Interesting.

I know he would have had another year to develop in high school, but I don't agree with this ranking...I think the 2016 class is head and shoulders above the 2015 class and DT was ranked #9 by Rivals and something like #11 on ESPN. Couple that with the fact that he is age appropriate to be joining this year's class and I think he should be moving up not down in the adjusted rankings...

Sat next to Derryck & his family at practice in Charlotte, nice people. Capel was talking to them and the conversation was clearly amicable.

Wow. I love being the gold standard of College Basketball! Welcome to the National Champions DT!

Awesome! The program needed him. Now Grayson and Luke can remain off the ball. Sounds like he's a plus on-the ball defender as well. Our defense is going to be pretty tough next year. Just need someone to replace Winslow.

This just moved Duke's recruiting class up to #2 in the Nation too guys...we just filled our main position of need with a pg that's good enough to make another run at a FF next season. Man, it's good to be a Blue Devil!! We do not rebuild, we reload!!

This was massive...we all had a hunch it would happen, but until it does, it keeps you apprehensive. Big time domino right her guys, on SOOO many levels, including what happens in 2016. WELCOME TO DUKE!

Now I really feel good about next season. I feel right now Thornton is more important to Duke than Ingram. If Ingram commits then look out OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Welcome into the fold, Mr. Thornton! Everything is almost in place. Come on BI, shun the Heels and come to the mecca of college basketball. OFC

Reactions: mbdfan
After watching some of his mixtapes, this kid is a GREAT get. He is a vacuum to opposing defenses. He seems to have elite handle for a high schooler, with a nice touch around the rim. Seems to love to attack the rim and dish out to the shooters. Remind you of another PG we had by the name of Tyus? While we will still have to use Kennard at PG for around 15 mpg, this is huge for next year's team. I feel confident with our roster as is, now. But one more wouldn't hurt :cool:

Thornton/Kennard
Allen/Kennard
Jones/Ingram*
Jefferson/Obi
Jeter/Plumlee

Starters could definitely change but...9* is enough.

*Thinking this news gets us Mr. Ingram.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT