ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

A rational, mature society would examine how Muslim assimilation is working out in other parts of the world and adopt a reasonable immigration strategy going forward. Of course, that’s racist so we just open our borders and hope for the best.
Increased Muslim population in European nations tends to drive voters to the right when people begin to realize that while most immigrants may be peaceful themselves the vast majority of Muslims support terrorism and hate Western values.

Last edited:
Reactions: smashmouth5
Sure am glad we got rid of mean tweets. Has kept us from being invaded at our southern border and being drug into a war by Iran.

Reactions: Mac9192
Again, I don't know how anyone that votes democrat can look someone in the eye, and with pride defend them. There is nothing going in the right direction. This is the worst President ever.

He commented on this exact topic...

"Fleabe jowl seems being forth wamba."
Hey, at least we knew where the Sec of Defense was this weekend when three service members were killed . That’s progress.
The Houtis will regret it when they get a visit from Corn Pop

I have one word for UNCheat if they think they will beat Duke when they play...

DON'T

Everyone should feel better now.

• Haha
Reactions: KDSTONE

Hmmmmm
Under this fool’s watch Russia has invaded Ukraine, and Iran is ever closer to a nuclear weapon. We can’t afford four more years of appeasement and incompetence. He should have been impeached for his dereliction at the border his first year in office.

The BDS at UVA is pressuring all students on campus to support the Palestinian movement. This organization is using the current conflict to brainwash an entire student body into denying Israel’s right to exist. The current protest re: Israel’s offensive into Gaza is merely a smokescreen to delegitimize the state of Israel. This will further marginalize Jewish students on campus and anyone else who dares believe Israel has a right to exist. Created as a response to the Holocaust but also due to hundreds of thousands of Jews expulsion from other Mid East countries. Far from being a “settler colony”, Israel was created after pogroms in the 19th century in Europe and the Mideast climaxing with the Holocaust. Leftists use the 1948 recreation of Israel as justification for murder, when in reality Jews were being targeted for centuries already.
If Israel is ever destroyed, all of their attention will then turn to… you guessed it
Please contact your local congressman and let him know that Israel deserves our support and has earned it.

The BDS at UVA is pressuring all students on campus to support the Palestinian movement. This organization is using the current conflict to brainwash an entire student body into denying Israel’s right to exist. The current protest re: Israel’s offensive into Gaza is merely a smokescreen to delegitimize the state of Israel. This will further marginalize Jewish students on campus and anyone else who dares believe Israel has a right to exist. Created as a response to the Holocaust but also due to hundreds of thousands of Jews expulsion from other Mid East countries. Far from being a “settler colony”, Israel was created after pogroms in the 19th century in Europe and the Mideast climaxing with the Holocaust. Leftists use the 1948 recreation of Israel as justification for murder, when in reality Jews were being targeted for centuries already.
If Israel is ever destroyed, all of their attention will then turn to… you guessed it
Please contact your local congressman and let him know that Israel deserves our support and has earned it.
With one kid in college and another recently graduated, I can concur about the absolutism & naivety of college kids on this issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't end at that age, either. I've been very disappointed at the absolutism I see in much older leftists with whom I usually agree.

We can both support Israel and be critical of their methods. We can condemn Hamas and support Palestinian rights.

In such partisan times, there's plenty of blame at both ends of the political spectrum. Usually I find people are blind to the problems on their own side of the aisle and hypercritical of the other side, myself included. This is one instance where I'm more embarrassed by what I see on my side of the aisle than I am upset by what I see on the other side.

A rational, mature society would examine how Muslim assimilation is working out in other parts of the world and adopt a reasonable immigration strategy going forward. Of course, that’s racist so we just open our borders and hope for the best.
Increased Muslim population in European nations tends to drive voters to the right when people begin to realize that while most immigrants may be peaceful themselves the vast majority of Muslims support terrorism and hate Western values.

With one kid in college and another recently graduated, I can concur about the absolutism & naivety of college kids on this issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't end at that age, either. I've been very disappointed at the absolutism I see in much older leftists with whom I usually agree.

We can both support Israel and be critical of their methods. We can condemn Hamas and support Palestinian rights.

In such partisan times, there's plenty of blame at both ends of the political spectrum. Usually I find people are blind to the problems on their own side of the aisle and hypercritical of the other side, myself included. This is one instance where I'm more embarrassed by what I see on my side of the aisle than I am upset by what I see on the other side.
It’s an odd thing when you hear privileged college students calling for infitada while demanding a ceasefire. They’re also using the word genocide so loosely that it’s in danger of losing its relevance.

Your post was a brilliant one. However, you seemed to parrot the same old narrative about Israel and “ their methods”. If you have an original, unique perspective about how to deal with an enemy that uses human shields as a daily habit, I’m sure the Idf would appreciate it All ears, Datt

Your post was a brilliant one. However, you seemed to parrot the same old narrative about Israel and “ their methods”. If you have an original, unique perspective about how to deal with an enemy that uses human shields as a daily habit, I’m sure the Idf would appreciate it All ears, Datt
Aww, and we were getting along so well.

I don't pretend to have a solution & it sounds like you don't see a need for one.

I don't pretend to have a solution & it sounds like you don't see a need for one.
To be fair. The solution is not pretty and no one, including myself, feels morally clean saying it out loud. Obviously the things that Israel has done could be condemned by anyone in a different situation. But the situation they are in is ugly, it is heartbreaking and it cannot be solved without the terrible outcome that is inevitable if they are to rightfully rid the world of the evil known as Hamas.

Personally, I have kind of checked out on the conflict because I fully support Israel in destroying Hamas. But it is depressing to see the children in Palestine getting killed. Whether you blame Israel for bombing them or Hamas for using them as human shields, it's still sad and depressing. I find it hard to sympathize much with the adults of Palestine, generally speaking.

Reactions: KDSTONE and Dattier

To be fair. The solution is not pretty and no one, including myself, feels morally clean saying it out loud. Obviously the things that Israel has done could be condemned by anyone in a different situation. But the situation they are in is ugly, it is heartbreaking and it cannot be solved without the terrible outcome that is inevitable if they are to rightfully rid the world of the evil known as Hamas.

Personally, I have kind of checked out on the conflict because I fully support Israel in destroying Hamas. But it is depressing to see the children in Palestine getting killed. Whether you blame Israel for bombing them or Hamas for using them as human shields, it's still sad and depressing. I find it hard to sympathize much with the adults of Palestine, generally speaking.
It’s clear after Oct 7 that many on the Left want Israel destroyed by either killing as many Jews as possible or the right of return policy which would be a death by a thousand cuts but would eventually meet the same goal.
🥅 also many on the Left are in denial about how Jews were treated in Mid East countries. Hundreds of thousands left in total prior to Ww2 There were slightly more fleeing Europe. The Arab nations were on the losing side of Ww2. Wars have consequences. The Arabs pressured the British not to let Jews into what is now Israel. Millions could have been saved in the Holocaust.
It’s also hardly mentioned that prior to the 60s the land was called Palestine, but the people of the land generally referred to themselves as Arabs or saw themselves as part of greater Syria. In fact, newspaper headlines after Israel was attacked in 48 read “Arabs invade Palestine”

Depending on what you choose to believe, jews staked claim to land in Israel well before the British rule. They were exiled and jews eventually were scattered throughout the ME and eastern Europe. Eventually being run out of Syria, Yemen and other arab countries. According to the Bible, God promised that the Jews would return to Israel. Has that already happened? Was that what the British mandate was? IDK. Either way, to only date back to the 40's to justify calling the jews settlers is dishonest. That's why the argument that Israel is occupied land is not a good one.

I watched a video a few months ago that showed (in a time of peace) many Palestinians being interviewed and asked about their opinions on jews in Israel. These were allegedly non military Palestinians. So many of them made very evil comments on what they want to see happen to Israelis. One said that they wanted all jews from around the world to come to Israel. That way they would be able to kill them all without having to find them.

This is an illustration of how there will never be hope for a peaceful Palestine.

I think there is good in all cultures and that people in general are ooverwhelmingly more good than bad. But I don't think that is the case in Palestine. I think the fact that they are unwanted in every arab nation solidifies my belief.

Depending on what you choose to believe, jews staked claim to land in Israel well before the British rule. They were exiled and jews eventually were scattered throughout the ME and eastern Europe. Eventually being run out of Syria, Yemen and other arab countries. According to the Bible, God promised that the Jews would return to Israel. Has that already happened? Was that what the British mandate was? IDK. Either way, to only date back to the 40's to justify calling the jews settlers is dishonest. That's why the argument that Israel is occupied land is not a good one.

I watched a video a few months ago that showed (in a time of peace) many Palestinians being interviewed and asked about their opinions on jews in Israel. These were allegedly non military Palestinians. So many of them made very evil comments on what they want to see happen to Israelis. One said that they wanted all jews from around the world to come to Israel. That way they would be able to kill them all without having to find them.

This is an illustration of how there will never be hope for a peaceful Palestine.

I think there is good in all cultures and that people in general are ooverwhelmingly more good than bad. But I don't think that is the case in Palestine. I think the fact that they are unwanted in every arab nation solidifies my belief.

I remember as an undergrad in the first half of the '90s watching a news program interviewing Israelis & Palestinians where both sides were hardcore in favor of eliminating the other side. Much more recently, there's an Anthony Bourdain episode of Parts Unknown where both sides are represented as pretty agreeabl;e and peaceful. Somewhere out there I'm sure there's an extreme leftist production portraying Palestinians as saintly and Jews as demons.

I'd love to believe the Anthony Bourdain one is the only one that's telling the truth, but to some degree or another, they probably all are. I'm most suspicious of any report portraying one side as good and one side as evil, but in truth, even the balanced ones could be manipulative propaganda.

I remember as an undergrad in the first half of the '90s watching a news program interviewing Israelis & Palestinians where both sides were hardcore in favor of eliminating the other side. Much more recently, there's an Anthony Bourdain episode of Parts Unknown where both sides are represented as pretty agreeabl;e and peaceful. Somewhere out there I'm sure there's an extreme leftist production portraying Palestinians as saintly and Jews as demons.

I'd love to believe the Anthony Bourdain one is the only one that's telling the truth, but to some degree or another, they probably all are. I'm most suspicious of any report portraying one side as good and one side as evil, but in truth, even the balanced ones could be manipulative propaganda.
There is absolutely propaganda from all sides. No doubt. I am heavily biased in this conflict despite not having any skin in the game. So my language will definitely favor Israel. But I do recognize that there is ill will from Israelis in many areas. I do find it to be in their best interest to be that way, as anything else is weakness. And they can't afford to be weak if they want to survive. That said, the attacks from small jewish groups against Palestinians is not in their best interest.

As far as war and death. There have been many conflicts with Israel and Arabs since the British mandate. But not one time has Israel attacked its enemy. They have all been defensive retaliation. There have also been many opportunities for peace deals and the Palestinians rejected them every time. So there isn't really any reason to not believe the saying that if Arabs would put down their weapons, there'd be peace and if Israel would put down their weapons, there'd be no Israel. For me, it's pretty easy to be biased in favor of Israel.

Reactions: KDSTONE and Dattier
I hear that.
It's also really easy to look more peaceful from a position of power. Israel has a lot more of what they want than the Palestinians do. I'd liken it to any civil rights struggle we've seen in the U.S. in that the disadvantaged group is always the one who appears to be instigating. We don't interpret injustices as instigation if we view it as the status quo.

Long term, the only chance at peace I can see is having a Palestinian state. And even then, it's just a chance. As we learned in Afghanistan, squashing terrorists just tends to create more terrorists. It's like "getting tough on crime" and locking up more people instead of addressing the underlying roots of why people commit crime.

It’s clear after Oct 7 that many on the Left want Israel destroyed by either killing as many Jews as possible or the right of return policy which would be a death by a thousand cuts but would eventually meet the same goal.
🥅 also many on the Left are in denial about how Jews were treated in Mid East countries. Hundreds of thousands left in total prior to Ww2 There were slightly more fleeing Europe. The Arab nations were on the losing side of Ww2. Wars have consequences. The Arabs pressured the British not to let Jews into what is now Israel. Millions could have been saved in the Holocaust.
It’s also hardly mentioned that prior to the 60s the land was called Palestine, but the people of the land generally referred to themselves as Arabs or saw themselves as part of greater Syria. In fact, newspaper headlines after Israel was attacked in 48 read “Arabs invade Palestine

I hear that.
It's also really easy to look more peaceful from a position of power. Israel has a lot more of what they want than the Palestinians do. I'd liken it to any civil rights struggle we've seen in the U.S. in that the disadvantaged group is always the one who appears to be instigating. We don't interpret injustices as instigation if we view it as the status quo.

Long term, the only chance at peace I can see is having a Palestinian state. And even then, it's just a chance. As we learned in Afghanistan, squashing terrorists just tends to create more terrorists. It's like "getting tough on crime" and locking up more people instead of addressing the underlying roots of why people commit crime.
Having a state is not their primary goal. Destroying Israel is. Until that changes, there will be no peace. Lebanon has a state; that hasn’t stopped them from firing rockets into Israel for years. Iran has a state; their raison d’ e’tre is to destroy Israel So statehood is just a meaningless word thrown around by Westerm politicians who simply don’t understand the nature of radical Islam

I hear that.

There really aren't many, if any similarities here. The civil rights movement in America was for all Americans to have equal rights. There were some activists who would be considered agitators and even some who resorted to violent acts. But they never called for the extinction of their assumed enemy. At least not on a relevant level. Israel has power because they have prioritized building a functioning society where they can build wealth and enjoy freedoms. With that, they have built a strong military and intelligence system in order to protect their citizens and deter potential enemies. Palestine is a literal paradise with so many opportunities to be a flourishing society. But they have prioritized their hatred for Jews and have used almost all of their assets and energy launching useless attacks on Israel. They teach their children hate instead of math. They teach them how to become martyrs instead of engineers or doctors. They receive more foreign aid than any other country/group in the world. And they choose to use it to build tunnels or buy rockets instead of feeding their starving population and building infrastructure.

They have shown the entire world why a Palestinian state will not only fail to self govern, but will not lead to peace. Time and time again. So the thought of that being a solution for peace may be a good thought, it is an irrational dream when you see what the reality is.

And we have fundamental differences in our opinions on crime and the roots of what causes it. That's another discussion. But you can't allow terrorists to be free just because there will be new terrorists to take their place. You just have to keep fighting terrorists and not allow them the ability to cause substantial damage. Just like you can't allow criminals to be free just because they have excuses for what makes them commit crime.

There really aren't many, if any similarities here. The civil rights movement in America was for all Americans to have equal rights. There were some activists who would be considered agitators and even some who resorted to violent acts. But they never called for the extinction of their assumed enemy. At least not on a relevant level. Israel has power because they have prioritized building a functioning society where they can build wealth and enjoy freedoms. With that, they have built a strong military and intelligence system in order to protect their citizens and deter potential enemies. Palestine is a literal paradise with so many opportunities to be a flourishing society. But they have prioritized their hatred for Jews and have used almost all of their assets and energy launching useless attacks on Israel. They teach their children hate instead of math. They teach them how to become martyrs instead of engineers or doctors. They receive more foreign aid than any other country/group in the world. And they choose to use it to build tunnels or buy rockets instead of feeding their starving population and building infrastructure.

They have shown the entire world why a Palestinian state will not only fail to self govern, but will not lead to peace. Time and time again. So the thought of that being a solution for peace may be a good thought, it is an irrational dream when you see what the reality is.

And we have fundamental differences in our opinions on crime and the roots of what causes it. That's another discussion. But you can't allow terrorists to be free just because there will be new terrorists to take their place. You just have to keep fighting terrorists and not allow them the ability to cause substantial damage. Just like you can't allow criminals to be free just because they have excuses for what makes them commit crime.
Groups like the Weather Underground and the Black Panthers advocated violence to achieve political ends, but they were condemned by the vast majority of Americans. On the fringe as you mention. Muslims condemning Oct 7 style attacks that were something out of a horror movie seem to be rare, even in Western cultures. It’s understandable to be intimidated if you lived in the Gaza Strip or Iran into not speaking out, but the silence here and in Europe has been deafening. And Australia has turned I into a total sh- show

Reactions: GhostOf301
Palastine has been offered a two state solution a number of times..the last time they decided to elect Hamas as their governing body....at some point they have to take responsiblity for their choices. Their objective isnt peace, its annilation of Israel..they've expressed this over and over...this time they FAFO'd when they decided to commit inhumane atrocities against Israeli civilians. This conflict can be ended at any point of their choice...make Hamas surrender and give back the hostages...how many Palastinians do you see in the streets calling for that?

Palastine has been offered a two state solution a number of times..the last time they decided to elect Hamas as their governing body....at some point they have to take responsiblity for their choices. Their objective isnt peace, its annilation of Israel..they've expressed this over and over...this time they FAFO'd when they decided to commit inhumane atrocities against Israeli civilians. This conflict can be ended at any point of their choice...make Hamas surrender and give back the hostages...how many Palastinians do you see in the streets calling for that?
Just to be fair, the Palestinians that speak against hamas are quickly murdered by hamas. I don't know how true it is because we live in a ti.e of great deception. But there was a video of a Palestinian father who had just lost his family in a missile attack and he was screaming that Israel didn't do this. Hamas did this. Days later a jihadist group claimed that they executed that man for treason.

But to your point, there are certainly more Palestinians okay with what happened on 10/7 than there are those who are against it.

As I’ve mentioned before what is now Jordan, West Bank, and Gaza is 78% of historical Palestine Israel got 22% A big chunk of that is the Negev. Jordan has a majority Palestinian pop and there are countless majority Muslim countries but Israelis are the colonizers. You couldn’t make this fubar sh- up

Just to be fair, the Palestinians that speak against hamas are quickly murdered by hamas. I don't know how true it is because we live in a ti.e of great deception. But there was a video of a Palestinian father who had just lost his family in a missile attack and he was screaming that Israel didn't do this. Hamas did this. Days later a jihadist group claimed that they executed that man for treason.

But to your point, there are certainly more Palestinians okay with what happened on 10/7 than there are those who are against it.
Well, the son of the founder of Hamas is alive and well. He is very anti- Hamas. He sees them as the bloodthirsty savages they are.

Well, the son of the founder of Hamas is alive and well. He is very anti- Hamas. He sees them as the bloodthirsty savages they are.
You and I both know if he ever stepped foot in Palestine, he'd be dead.

You and I both know if he ever stepped foot in Palestine, he'd be dead.
I was talking about why Western Muslims get a pass I mentioned in my post that it’s understandable that people in terrorist countries get the benefit of the doubt. If the son of the founder of Hamas can speak out, why crickets from everyone else? This is an existential threat and Israel will deal with it as needed. The United States was given a decade to deal with the terrorists of 9/ 11. Israel about a week before people were out in the streets. Israel is held to a completely different standard than every other country

Reactions: GhostOf301

It's really appropriate that KD subsequently brings up the Black Panthers. They did NOT advocate for violence. They advocated for self-defense, including arming themselves. (It's the only time in its history that the NRA has advocated for stricter gun laws.)
The story others tell of the BPP is the same story others tell of Palestinians.

But my point was that to people on the other side, the protesters are always the ones who seem more disruptive and less peaceful because they have accepted the status quo.

Biden during his State of the Union .
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Biden during his State of the Union .
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar
This clown is off the rails. Either he’s mumbling incoherently. I didn’t know the USC football coach had been killed by an illegal. Lincoln Riley? Or he’s Angry Joe. If things are going so wonderfully, why are you so angry all the time Joe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT