ADVERTISEMENT

The Biggest Nat’l Title Game Comeback (Failure).....

I post here from time to time.

But it's not my board so I shouldn't over post.

I'm not interested in echo chambers all the time. Its good to hear what others have to say.

I don't hate Duke. Sorry. ..lol
You’re not interested in echo chambers.....all while continuing yours here. You are a walking contradiction 😂

Exactly. This thread is second hand embarrassment. It’s cringeworthy. Yeah, any Duke fan worth their salt is beyond relieved that unc lost. I’m super glad they coughed up the lead and Kansas closed it out. But it’s nothing more than relief. Duke hoops isn’t my life, but as a fan, living in fan world, it’s a huge relief. Think that’s the point you, Mac, myself and many, many other Duke fans are feeling.
Sucks you’re that upset over a loss in a college basketball game. All good, I guess I focus on more important things to get “down” about.....

In all honesty, I do not KNOW that the Cheats choked. True, they gave up a 16 point lead. But they did come back and re-take the lead Briefly in the second half. In the end, they lost by a basket. So, they simply got beat. Am I happy that they lost? Give me a "Hell Yea!" Do I hate them? Give me another "Hell Yea!" But I don't feel the glee which would have come from a true choke, like when the Twerps gave up 10 points in the last minute to Jay Williams. And the Cheats' loss for me does nothing to assuage Duke's miserable performance during the last 5 minutes in Cameron (I was there and suffered through it), which had all of the indicia of a true choke, nor our disappointing performance against them in the FF. It is those two games against them which continue to stick in my craw and render the Cheats' loss to Kansas much less emotion-provoking and memorable for me. Just not important enough to gloat over. OFC
They choked, records don’t even deny it. But I appreciate your perspective, it’s fair.

Last edited:
You saying someone is wound up is laughable. What’s honestly laughable is a few of you totally denying facts.

A couple of you won’t even admit what happened in the final four. Yet you guys pissed down your legs like middle schoolers cause the holes “blew the largest halftime lead.” I’m glad they lost too. It’s just I live in reality that they beat us to get there.

It would have been different if we lost to Kansas in the final four.

I can’t wait for your response. With emoji’s.
That’s how serious you are over college basketball, so again, you’re wound especially considering how personal this seems to be for you. You’re legit pissed that some of us are mocking a record breaking joke.....think about that.

And yes, emojis are great. Why were they created otherwise if not sharing emotions like a good laugh?

I have no interest in engaging people who use subjectivity “as fact”, and so hung up over a bunch of kids that couldn’t point us out of a lineup lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Sucks you’re that upset over a loss in a college basketball game. All good, I guess I focus on more important things to get “down” about.....
Dude, quit being stupid. I don't think anyone has even hinted that the game effects their lives on an important level. We are on a college basketball message board discussing a game in the context of how it effects us on an UNimportant level. Nobody said they were down. On an unimportant level, i.e. talking shit on the internet, you guys who are pretending that seeing unc lose to Kansas somehow made up for losing in the FF, are either out of touch with what it means to be a fan... or are just lying out of your asses. If the roles were reversed and unc fans were acting this way, you would be mocking them into the gates of hell. And rightfully so.

You’re not interested in echo chambers.....all while continuing yours here. You are a walking contradiction 😂
I didn't even post an opinion. I explained why I was lurking. I read y'alls post all the time

Yall should listen to your fellow posters.

And this is Duke. Using the term Echo Chamber in reference to a non opinion? They have dictionaries for a reason you know.

Dude, quit being stupid. I don't think anyone has even hinted that the game effects their lives on an important level. We are on a college basketball message board discussing a game in the context of how it effects us on an UNimportant level. Nobody said they were down. On an unimportant level, i.e. talking shit on the internet, you guys who are pretending that seeing unc lose to Kansas somehow made up for losing in the FF, are either out of touch with what it means to be a fan... or are just lying out of your asses. If the roles were reversed and unc fans were acting this way, you would be mocking them into the gates of hell. And rightfully so.
I’m not talking ish, I’m making fun, big difference. If it wasn’t that important to some of you, meaning you weren’t so offended, you’d carry on, IMO. All good. I’m enjoying the face plant, but some of you are hellbent on pissing on anyone’s laughs lol.

its a lot of "Live Action" going on up in here...lol........i absolutely hate that we lost in the F4 to those guys, them losing and not hanging #7 and the historical nature of loss is definitely a great consolation prize imo....i would have much rather won and then won the natty, or even won then lost the natty....the actual results was the 3rd best option w/ a historical cherry on top...=) imo

Last edited:
its a lot of "Live Action" going on up in here...lol........i absolutely hate that we lost in the F4 to those guys, them losing and not hanging #7 and the historical nature of loss is definitely a great consolation prize imo....i would have much rather won and then won the natty, or even won then lost the natty....the actual results was the 3rd best option imo
Agreed!

look am I happy Duke lost in the FF? No way. But I still find great enjoyment in UNCheat choking in record fashion. Hell I feel unless you win the title, what good is it to compare to someone else? I loved the 04 team but they lost in the FF - do I talk trash to UNC fans about THAT season? No. Even if Duke had beaten the Holes in the E8 that year I wouldn’t as neither win it ALL....

Some Duke fans will stay down for a while though regardless. I even have seen some questioning K’s overall legacy because of ONE GAME. That’s insane to me.

So wait, now he agrees with the people he has been arguing with? Yikes.

Jesus, are you that stupid? One simple look at my original post and you’ll need to remove the foot from your mouth.
You literally said in your original post that unc losing to Kansas blew it all away. Meaning Duke losing in the final four. Be careful when you ask other people how stupid they are. Especially when you're making yourself look increasingly more stupid with every response.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
You literally said in your original post that unc losing to Kansas blew it all away. Meaning Duke losing in the final four. Be careful when you ask other people how stupid they are. Especially when you're making yourself look increasingly more stupid with every response.
Einstein, it blew it away in comparing the joy of them losing vs watching the choke. Doesn’t mean the loss doesn’t suck at some level.

Im blown away with how obtuse you are. Wow! I’m just excited you’re not having another tantrum lol. I’m about to start calling you “Da Brat”.....

No way this guy graduated high school. Let alone the education to become a doctor like he claims.

• Haha
Yea it sucks when you poke fun at the Cheats and some Duke fans get more butt hurt than the Cheat fans 😳
No one is butt hurt man. It’s just some of us fans, if that’s ok with you that we are fans, (I’ll be sure to ask your permission next time how big of a fan I’m allowed to be), think that it’s cheesy to act like the loss to them didn’t suck that bad bc they choked away the title game. Like if I was at the bar chopping it up with any of my friends that are unc fans, they hold the trump card. Yeah I can pretend that them coughing up the huge lead is worse, but they can still say- yeah but at least we beat you. It’s just too easy.

Does it affect my every day life? Of course not. I’m not a lunatic. But when busting someone’s chops in sports, it’s good to have not actually just lost to that same team or person. Tough for me to make fun of you for getting knocked out when you just knocked me out the fight before.

I’d say 99% of all Duke fans were simply relieved that they lost. I didn’t watch a second of that game, and I know a ton of Duke fans that were in the same boat. So a game I didn’t even watch, why am I going to brag about that? It’s cheesy. It’s inauthentic.

Also, relax with the personal attacks on people who don’t agree with you. It doesn’t make someone a unc fan, doesn’t mean they’re soft, or an idiot or stupid or whatever other digs you take at people, people can simply have a different take.

No one is butt hurt man. It’s just some of us fans, if that’s ok with you that we are fans, (I’ll be sure to ask your permission next time how big of a fan I’m allowed to be), think that it’s cheesy to act like the loss to them didn’t suck that bad bc they choked away the title game. Like if I was at the bar chopping it up with any of my friends that are unc fans, they hold the trump card. Yeah I can pretend that them coughing up the huge lead is worse, but they can still say- yeah but at least we beat you. It’s just too easy.

Does it affect my every day life? Of course not. I’m not a lunatic. But when busting someone’s chops in sports, it’s good to have not actually just lost to that same team or person. Tough for me to make fun of you for getting knocked out when you just knocked me out the fight before.

I’d say 99% of all Duke fans were simply relieved that they lost. I didn’t watch a second of that game, and I know a ton of Duke fans that were in the same boat. So a game I didn’t even watch, why am I going to brag about that? It’s cheesy. It’s inauthentic.

Also, relax with the personal attacks on people who don’t agree with you. It doesn’t make someone a unc fan, doesn’t mean they’re soft, or an idiot or stupid or whatever other digs you take at people, people can simply have a different take.
Personal attack? Please cite some not directed at hole fans. Calling Mac a closet Hole fan is a “personal attack”? If so, you’ve helped prove my point. I get it, some of you are wound up. And iirc you run a podcast on Duke bball; that’s pretty intense to do for free or minimal income. Maybe I’m missing something?

lastly you feel you need to not have recently lost to talk smack - that’s your opinion, not some sort of fact. If it doesn’t bother you, why comment on such a subjective point? These are serious questions. Thx.

Cool, at least you didn’t make something up. Appreciated.
Fourteen44, I only drove a fancy Mercedes once. My friend had too much to drink so I gave him a ride in his Mercedes. The headlights were so bright and blue that I became nauseous even though I had nothing to drink. Only mentioned because my reading vision is scary good today and realized what your icon shows

Fourteen44, I only drove a fancy Mercedes once. My friend had too much to drink so I gave him a ride in his Mercedes. The headlights were so bright and blue that I became nauseous even though I had nothing to drink. Only mentioned because my reading vision is scary good today and realized what your icon shows
They can be too much for sure!

I grew up working on cars, and am really an American car guy, but have owned a few Mercedes now and they are awesome.....

They can be too much for sure!

I grew up working on cars, and am really an American car guy, but have owned a few Mercedes now and they are awesome.....
My mother was named Mercedes. She had only one material wish; a Mercedes Benz. My dad adored her, but always talked her out of the purchase because they were loud, clunky diesels. He put a Mercedes logo on her Buick, and she was furious. She would have been 105 today. It would be really nice to see her in one of the new models

My mother was named Mercedes. She had only one material wish; a Mercedes Benz. My dad adored her, but always talked her out of the purchase because they were loud, clunky diesels. He put a Mercedes logo on her Buick, and she was furious. She would have been 105 today. It would be really nice to see her in one of the new models
First, that’s an awesome name. Second, your dads idea was hilarious, in a good way. Love the idea. I’ve thought of putting an AMG logo on my old Mopar beater truck 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT