ADVERTISEMENT

The Biggest Nat’l Title Game Comeback (Failure).....

All of that drivel, only to reach for the “interpretation” excuse. It’s funny, everyone seems to know what this thread is about except you.

Oh yea, and irony is saying someone is dealing with inferiority complex, all while being on their team board 😂😂😂. Penis envy too, perhaps? Freud would have had a field day with you as a case study.
The thread is about saying a team choked that beat you twice when it counted..lol

They choked and you couldn't beat them when it counted.

It makes your program look worse and inferior cause you cant hang your hat on wins. Just mockery.

This is Duke not NC State. You should be focusing on the great class you have coming in looking for revenge but it seems like you aren't sure you are capable of that.

I'll let you have the last word as this a Duke board and I'm just a visitor. So I will respect the opportunity to post.

Last edited:
I would never insult you either ged. In all my years here, I have never known a more rational and intelligent UNC poster. Much respect sir.

I was merely remarking about you firing a grenade, in lieu of no comment or more politically correct verbage. I did a double take frankly, because it was a first for you. You're human, lol- like the rest of us! OFC
Sorry about that, sir!!! I miss Johnny Miller covering golf and his frequent use of the word choke. I don't think of choke as a bad word in sports. It's just letting the pressure cause you to perform worse than you normally would. I choked 90% of the time putting on the 18th hole when trying to close out a big bet.

I wrote probably my longest post here a couple of months ago about choking so I didn't think twice about using the word. Christian Laettner was the best pressure player in modern college basketball. But even Laettner choked as a freshman missing two FTs late in a national television game against Arizona. President Nixon even called him that night. I don't remember Laettner ever missing another important FT

Of course, the Kansas choke was 200 times bigger stage, but it's a miracle that UNC was even in the game after falling apart against Baylor.

Thanks for using the word grenade. I would have never realized that I said something controversial otherwise. I hope that you are happy, healthy and able to play some golf

So you’re placing a number on it over the value of the game itself.

yea, your true UNC colors finally bled through. Wow.
25 points with ten minutes is unbelievable. Obviously the national championship game is infinitely bigger. You shouldn't lose a 15 point halftime lead, but it happens. Losing a 25 point lead with 10:09 remaining never happens. Well, now it has, but essentially never

Sorry about that, sir!!! I miss Johnny Miller covering golf and his frequent use of the word choke. I don't think of choke as a bad word in sports. It's just letting the pressure cause you to perform worse than you normally would. I choked 90% of the time putting on the 18th hole when trying to close out a big bet.

I wrote probably my longest post here a couple of months ago about choking so I didn't think twice about using the word. Christian Laettner was the best pressure player in modern college basketball. But even Laettner choked as a freshman missing two FTs late in a national television game against Arizona. President Nixon even called him that night. I don't remember Laettner ever missing another important FT

Of course, the Kansas choke was 200 times bigger stage, but it's a miracle that UNC was even in the game after falling apart against Baylor.

Thanks for using the word grenade. I would have never realized that I said something controversial otherwise. I hope that you are happy, healthy and able to play some golf
Thanks pal. Yes the weather has been pretty nice, hittin' em pretty well! OFC

The thread is about saying a team choked that beat you twice when it counted..lol

It makes your program look worse and inferior cause you cant hang your hat on wins. Just mockery.

This is Duke not NC State. You should be focusing on the great class you have coming in looking for revenge but it seems like you aren't sure you are capable of that.

I'll let you have the last word as this a Duke board and I'm just a visitor. So I will respect the opportunity to post.
Would you please go away? The sooner the better.

You don’t have a last word because you can’t even comprehend the initial post. Btw, every game counts, I mean, they keep records, right? Ouch 😂

You don’t have a last word because you can’t even comprehend the initial post. Btw, every game counts, I mean, they keep records, right? Ouch 😂
They DO "Keep Records" and the 'holes "choked!" Any recollections of the Duke-UNC game (important as it was) will always be diminished by the game for ALL THE MARBLES @Fourteen44 - as you noted "UNC choked."

OFC

I was in attendance at the final 4 game with my brother (he’s a Unc fan). Duke losing to Unc definitely sucked, but best believe I enjoyed watching Kansas beat Unc two nights later. Just like when I enjoyed being in attendance to watch Villanova’s buzzer beater against unc. It’s okay to not want your team’s rival to win the national championship and enjoy them losing, I think most sports fans do that.

I was in attendance at the final 4 game with my brother (he’s a Unc fan). Duke losing to Unc definitely sucked, but best believe I enjoyed watching Kansas beat Unc two nights later. Just like when I enjoyed being in attendance to watch Villanova’s buzzer beater against unc. It’s okay to not want your team’s rival to win the national championship and enjoy them losing, I think most sports fans do that.
THANK YOU bcg!!! OFC

Thanks for coming over and telling us it's OK to "hang on" to your "choke job in the final." I bask in it. Not seeing all that championship gear on your fanbase is terrific.

"We're happy with the way our season ended????" Sorry Charlie, not buying that for one minute. No one is EVER HAPPY ending their season with a LOSS, particularly when a natty is at stake, and the game is seemingly won at half.

Yes,of course we hated losing to you, and we're not "happy about it." However don't come over here chirping you're happy despite the "choke job" two nites later. If "we're happy with the way our season ended," (which is bs),you and your team simply weren't aiming high enough. I have a hard time believing Brady Manek was "happy" about the way his last game at UNC ended.

OFC
Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve, & sorry that's a hard one for you to grasp. On February 16th when we lost to Pitt at home, and the game was never close, I resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't make the tournament, and we had another 20+ point loss (at least) coming up on March 5th in Cameron. Neither of those things happened, I'm happy to say. I also began to question if we made the right hire. Then when we did make the tournament, all I really wanted was to win a game so our guys would get a taste of it. So yes, I am happy with the way our season ended, beating K in the final game of his self absorbed love fest, and then beating him again in the final game of his career, not to mention the first ever meeting of the rivalry in the tournament. Playing for the National Championship was a plus, NEVER expected it, a win would've been gravy. Not to mention that I am enjoying the revolving door that is currently Duke basketball, I enjoy getting to know players names and career stats, and possibilities of breaking records. Whether you want to believe it or not, makes no difference to me, I was pretty happy with the way our season ended. You can keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve, & sorry that's a hard one for you to grasp. On February 16th when we lost to Pitt at home, and the game was never close, I resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't make the tournament, and we had another 20+ point lost (at least) coming up on March 5th in Cameron. Neither of those things happened, I'm happy to say. I also began to question if we made the right hire. Then when we did make the tournament, all I really wanted was to win a game so our guys would get a taste of it. So yes, I am happy with the way our season ended, beating K in the final game of his self absorbed love fest, and then beating him again in the final game of his career, not to mention the first ever meeting of the rivalry in the tournament. Playing for the National Championship was a plus, NEVER expected it, a win would've been gravy. Not to mention that I am enjoying the revolving door that is currently Duke basketball, I enjoy getting to know players names and career stats, and possibilities of breaking records. Whether you want to believe it or not, makes no difference to me, I was pretty happy with the way our season ended. You can keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.
What a load of horseshit. Anyone who says they're okay with losing that title game because they beat Duke is deluding themselves. If Duke had won and lost to Kansas I wouldn't be gloating about beating Carolina. I care about championships, not beating a rival.

I think some of you are just refusing to see the forest for the trees in front of you. Flip this scenario around. It's Roy coaching his last season, and it's Duke that was at risk of not making the tournament after the big loss at home to Pitt, and then losing to Carolina in Cameron by 20.

Everything that happened after the loss to Pitt couldn't have been scripted much better for the holes. The ONLY thing that saved Duke nation from being worse was Kansas waking up in the 2nd half.

Had Duke beat the holes in the final four, yet lost the title game, we would be happier than we are. And I'm sorry, get pissed all you want, but the hole fans that have posted here have been fairly respectful.

For hole fans anyway.

I think some of you are just refusing to see the forest for the trees in front of you. Flip this scenario around. It's Roy coaching his last season, and it's Duke that was at risk of not making the tournament after the big loss at home to Pitt, and then losing to Carolina in Cameron by 20.

Everything that happened after the loss to Pitt couldn't have been scripted much better for the holes. The ONLY thing that saved Duke nation from being worse was Kansas waking up in the 2nd half.

Had Duke beat the holes in the final four, yet lost the title game, we would be happier than we are. And I'm sorry, get pissed all you want, but the hole fans that have posted here have been fairly respectful.

For hole fans anyway.
I'd be way more upset about losing the NT game. I also wouldn't be going to the rivals message board to gloat after blowing the biggest lead in NT game history.

I'd be way more upset about losing the NT game. I also wouldn't be going to the rivals message board to gloat after blowing the biggest lead in NT game history.
bleed you set me up perfectly. I wanted to personally congratulate that unc poster on making history in the NT game! For him to go to all that trouble and write all that crap shows how sick that tar heel fan truly is.
#TheyChoked

OFC

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve, & sorry that's a hard one for you to grasp. On February 16th when we lost to Pitt at home, and the game was never close, I resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't make the tournament, and we had another 20+ point lost (at least) coming up on March 5th in Cameron. Neither of those things happened, I'm happy to say. I also began to question if we made the right hire. Then when we did make the tournament, all I really wanted was to win a game so our guys would get a taste of it. So yes, I am happy with the way our season ended, beating K in the final game of his self absorbed love fest, and then beating him again in the final game of his career, not to mention the first ever meeting of the rivalry in the tournament. Playing for the National Championship was a plus, NEVER expected it, a win would've been gravy. Not to mention that I am enjoying the revolving door that is currently Duke basketball, I enjoy getting to know players names and career stats, and possibilities of breaking records. Whether you want to believe it or not, makes no difference to me, I was pretty happy with the way our season ended. You can keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.
And here you are, still, with little man syndrome....

For hole fans anyway.
Closet. Hole. Fan. 😂

Reactions: dukecorey
Nah just spitting some observation my man. It’s like you enjoy supporting the inbreds.....

carry on!
Haha. We are all grateful the holes didn’t win the title. But it doesn’t change the fact Duke laid 2 eggs against the holes.

If it makes a few of you guys giddy that they lost AFTER beating us, then by all means, carry on. I just choose to breathe a big sigh of relief the holes didn’t win the title.

Haha. We are all grateful the holes didn’t win the title. But it doesn’t change the fact Duke laid 2 eggs against the holes.

If it makes a few of you guys giddy that they lost AFTER beating us, then by all means, carry on. I just choose to breathe a big sigh of relief the holes didn’t win the title.
I’m just glad it doesn’t control my life like it apparently does here (and for Mrs.Beans lurking here). Think about that - having to lurk an opponents board to fill a void in your life. That sucks.

I hope you can learn to lighten up a bit with Duke basketball man, this is all funny AF. 😂

So. Being grateful that unc lost against Kansas but not considering that to be worth losing in the FF, ending a chance at a championship, makes you a closet unc fan. This place is good for laughs sometimes.

So. Being grateful that unc lost against Kansas but not considering that to be worth losing in the FF, ending a chance at a championship, makes you a closet unc fan. This place is good for laughs sometimes.
I’d say not learning to laugh and mock your opponent, all while saying we are wrong as Duke fans, makes him a closet Hole fan, but I digress 😂

I will forever "laugh and mock" UNC for losing that final game THE WAY they did in RECORD BREAKING fashion. I do not see anything wrong with having both emotions, "relief" and sheer "laughter" about that iconic 2nd half collapse.

ANY and ALL UNC fans I tried to congratulate about defeating us in the "semi- finals" IMMEDIATELY pointed to the Monday nite loss instead as a source of major frustration. A couple noted after withstanding the Baylor comeback, they STILL figured they would win after KU tied it.

You can't hang a "we beat Coach K" banner (well those simpletons could I suppose), but YOU CAN hang a NT banner. In fact I wouldn't doubt they were about to slide it in place at halftime. All the cha-ching of UNC souvenirs being sold, and worn over the summer, nothing but a faded memory. Plenty of reason to smile with relief and also belly laugh!!!! OFC

Last edited:
I will forever "laugh and mock" UNC for losing that final game THE WAY they did in RECORD BREAKING fashion. I do not see anything wrong with having both emotions, "relief" and sheer "laughter" about that iconic 2nd half collapse.

ANY and ALL UNC fans I tried to congratulate about defeating us in the "semi- finals" IMMEDIATELY pointed to the Monday nite loss instead as a source of major frustration. A couple noted after withstanding the Baylor comeback, they STILL figured they would win after KU tied it.

You can't hang a "we beat Coach K" banner (well those simpletons could I suppose), but YOU CAN hang a NT banner. In fact I wouldn't doubt they were about to slide it in place at halftime. All the cha-ching of UNC souvenirs being sold, and worn over the summer nothing but a faded memory. Plenty of reason to smile with relief and also belly laugh!!!! OFC
Amen brother.

Part of me is bummed at this thread now, not because of the low-life Hole fans lurking, but the uptight Duke “fans” who are so wound up. It’s pretty sad 😂

Amen brother.

Part of me is bummed at this thread now, not because of the low-life Hole fans lurking, but the uptight Duke “fans” who are so wound up. It’s pretty sad 😂
Don't regret that for a minute. You brought up a thought provoking thread, and the ones who love it like me, REALLY LOVE IT!!!

I quite frankly am surprised MORE Duke fans do not get a huge laugh out of it. For instance the treatment K received in his last game at Chapel Hill (he waxed 'em, but they don't acknowledge it), Hubert "I Didnt Hear It" Davis, the cheating, etc...plenty of reasons to rejoice!

Oh well, to each his or her own.

• Love
Reactions: Fourteen44

Correct. I just don’t get these folks on this message board. We lost to Carolina in the ff. In my humble opinion we couldn’t have gotten a better coach than Scheyer. I’m hopeful for the future and he’s the right guy at the right time. Go Blue Devils! Fu Carolina!

I’m just glad it doesn’t control my life like it apparently does here (and for Mrs.Beans lurking here). Think about that - having to lurk an opponents board to fill a void in your life. That sucks.

I hope you can learn to lighten up a bit with Duke basketball man, this is all funny AF. 😂
I post here from time to time.

But it's not my board so I shouldn't over post.

I'm not interested in echo chambers all the time. Its good to hear what others have to say.

I don't hate Duke. Sorry. ..lol

• Haha
Amen brother.

You saying someone is wound up is laughable. What’s honestly laughable is a few of you totally denying facts.

A couple of you won’t even admit what happened in the final four. Yet you guys pissed down your legs like middle schoolers cause the holes “blew the largest halftime lead.” I’m glad they lost too. It’s just I live in reality that they beat us to get there.

It would have been different if we lost to Kansas in the final four.

I can’t wait for your response. With emoji’s.

• Haha
If you think I’m not gonna ride those arrogant asshats like a circus pony, you’ve got another thing coming. Sure hang a banner. You beat Duke, but you also choked on the biggest stage and I for one am gonna enjoy the hell out of it.
Amen QC, right there with you!!!! Superb post!!! #GTHCGTH OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
For the record, I should add I am still very irked we lost such a historic game to our biggest rival. We should have won!!

However, the sheer enjoyment of watching THAT SAME HATED RIVAL LOSE, ESPECIALLY THE WAY THEY DID, brought me a huge dose of not only "RELIEF," but ALSO JOY, LAUGHTER AND FUN!!! In no way do I APOLOGIZE for these EMOTIONS.....They are straight from my heart, which LOVES DUKE and DESPISES UNC.

OFC

For the record, I should add I am still very irked we lost such a historic game to our biggest rival. We should have won!!

However, the sheer enjoyment of watching THAT SAME HATED RIVAL LOSE, ESPECIALLY THE WAY THEY DID, brought me a huge dose of not only "RELIEF," but ALSO JOY, LAUGHTER AND FUN!!! In no way do I APOLOGIZE for these EMOTIONS.....They are straight from my heart, which LOVES DUKE and DESPISES UNC.

OFC
In all honesty, I do not KNOW that the Cheats choked. True, they gave up a 16 point lead. But they did come back and re-take the lead Briefly in the second half. In the end, they lost by a basket. So, they simply got beat. Am I happy that they lost? Give me a "Hell Yea!" Do I hate them? Give me another "Hell Yea!" But I don't feel the glee which would have come from a true choke, like when the Twerps gave up 10 points in the last minute to Jay Williams. And the Cheats' loss for me does nothing to assuage Duke's miserable performance during the last 5 minutes in Cameron (I was there and suffered through it), which had all of the indicia of a true choke, nor our disappointing performance against them in the FF. It is those two games against them which continue to stick in my craw and render the Cheats' loss to Kansas much less emotion-provoking and memorable for me. Just not important enough to gloat over. OFC

It's pretty basic. Duke wins in the FF and we wouldn't even have this awesome memory of unc losing the next game. So I guess it was worth Duke losing in the FF. Whatever.
Exactly. This thread is second hand embarrassment. It’s cringeworthy. Yeah, any Duke fan worth their salt is beyond relieved that unc lost. I’m super glad they coughed up the lead and Kansas closed it out. But it’s nothing more than relief. Duke hoops isn’t my life, but as a fan, living in fan world, it’s a huge relief. Think that’s the point you, Mac, myself and many, many other Duke fans are feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT