ADVERTISEMENT

The Biggest Nat’l Title Game Comeback (Failure).....

Not much they can say at all to
"Congratulations on beating us. It allowed you to make HISTORY two nites later!!"
Really bites their a$$ good when they have the nerve to talk smack! Mean old man here who LOVES DUKE!!! OFC
In some of their minds, like our good friend toophly here, they won the championship when they beat Duke. It’s easy to forget the Kansas game when some of them didn’t watch in the first place. Y’all keep acting like the Kansas game rocked them to the core as if they’re rational sane people. They’re not. This is a different breed of cat we’re dealing with here

In some of their minds, like our good friend toophly here, they won the championship when they beat Duke. It’s easy to forget the Kansas game when some of them didn’t watch in the first place. Y’all keep acting like the Kansas game rocked them to the core as if they’re rational sane people. They’re not. This is a different breed of cat we’re dealing with here
KD, it doesn't bother me, because I STILL KNOW in the recesses of their mind, BLOWING A NATTY eats up their a$$es!!! Think of their SHEER JOY at halftime of the Kansas game. It would have been icing on the cake!!! Hopes dashed and made ALL OF FANBASE SICK! OFC

KD, it doesn't bother me, because I STILL KNOW in the recesses of their mind, BLOWING A NATTY eats up their a$$es!!! Think of their SHEER JOY at halftime of the Kansas game. It would have been icing on the cake!!! Hopes dashed and made ALL OF FANBASE SICK! OFC
For most of them. I just believe based on my thankfully limited interaction with their fan base that there’s about 20% of their fan base, the truly deranged and delusional, that only watch and care when they play Duke. I’ve met a few of these fine folks. You’ll mention something that happened in a nonDuke game and they have no idea what you’re talking about. Miami football is the same way. They want to beat FSU they don’t even watch the other games. But yeh it’s eating the true fans alive. But if Bacot weren’t hurt and they weren’t nervous playing in front of Old Roy and the refs weren’t out to get them bc they beat Duke they’d be champs!

For most of them. I just believe based on my thankfully limited interaction with their fan base that there’s about 20% of their fan base, the truly deranged and delusional, that only watch and care when they play Duke. I’ve met a few of these fine folks. You’ll mention something that happened in a nonDuke game and they have no idea what you’re talking about. Miami football is the same way. They want to beat FSU they don’t even watch the other games. But yeh it’s eating the true fans alive. But if Bacot weren’t hurt and they weren’t nervous playing in front of Old Roy and the refs weren’t out to get them bc they beat Duke they’d be champs!
I know plenty of tar hole fans. Most of them are fairly rational. They were disappointed losing on Monday, but since they beat Duke to get there, some of the sting was lost. And most Duke fans that interact with tar hole fans really can't say much.
What can we say, "oh ya'll choked against Kansas." They can real simply say "yeah but we beat ya'll to get there."

Check. Mate.

I make UNC fans sick about it, saying things like "Why does Bill Self OWN you guys in the Big Dance?"

" I bet you were ordering championship apparel at halftime!!!!???" They shut up and walk. I bid them a friendly goodbye: "OK, Laettner pal!"

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I make UNC fans sick about it, saying things like "Why does Bill Self OWN you guys in the Big Dance?"

" I bet you were ordering championship apparel at halftime!!!!???" They shut up and walk. I bid them a friendly goodbye: "OK, Laettner pal!"

OFC
Your are right about Kansas...but It still doesnt change the fact UNC sent K out with to big L's. Head to Head heels fans are your Daddy. Those will be remember forever and especially leading up to the games next year......

Last edited:
HaHaHa Fixed it for you Chrissy
When K started kicking UNCheat azz, the common refrain was that Duke players didn’t succeed in the NBA. How well did that go for you?

No. You said it wasn't a Final. I was just pointing that out.

Any championship is important especially conf tournament champions. Duke only has 5 NC's...Just getting to the Final Four is a big deal in CBB.

So dont act like its NC or bust for Duke or any college program.
I specifically said it was the largest choke job in a final. Are you really that stupid? Yikes.

Your are right about Kansas...but It still doesnt change the fact UNC sent K out with to big L's. Head to Head heels fans are your Daddy. Those will be remember forever and especially leading up to the games next year......
This may be the dumbest post I’ve read here yet, well done.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I guess UNC doesn't teach spelling or grammar.
Spelling & grammar aren’t the greatest on this board either, but I guess everyone is just selective on who they call out. You guys want to hang on to the choke job in the final, that’s fine. We were playing with house money, we didn’t even expect to be there & the fact that we beat y’all to get there makes it even better. Believe it or not, we are happy with the way our season ended, are you?

Spelling & grammar aren’t the greatest on this board either, but I guess everyone is just selective on who they call out. You guys want to hang on to the choke job in the final, that’s fine. We were playing with house money, we didn’t even expect to be there & the fact that we beat y’all to get there makes it even better. Believe it or not, we are happy with the way our season ended, are you?
Pains me to admit it, but you’re right.

Pains me to admit it, but you’re right.
3 of my very best friends are Duke fans, I’m on an island lots of times, so I appreciate rationality from other Duke fans. Especially on our group chat, I’m 1 against 3, so I just relish things to myself & try not to gloat. I wear it when you guys are on top, particularly the Trey Jones intentional missed FT game, that one stung bad. I appreciate the ebbs & flows in this rivalry & know that neither team will be on top for a long stretch. We look better on paper (maybe) for next year with all the veterans, but I’d bet we split at best, & y’all could sweep if the youngsters get some chemistry by that point in the season. We are blessed to have this rivalry, I’m glad we have the upper hand right now, but each of us need the other for it to matter.

Your boys will be remembered forever for making history of a most dubious distinction. Well, at least until another team blows a more massive halftime title game lead. Oh and that was a fairly "big L" too. OFC

You guys want to hang on to the choke job in the final, that’s fine. Believe it or not, we are happy with the way our season ended, are you?
Thanks for coming over and telling us it's OK to "hang on" to your "choke job in the final." I bask in it. Not seeing all that championship gear on your fanbase is terrific.

"We're happy with the way our season ended????" Sorry Charlie, not buying that for one minute. No one is EVER HAPPY ending their season with a LOSS, particularly when a natty is at stake, and the game is seemingly won at half.

Yes,of course we hated losing to you, and we're not "happy about it." However don't come over here chirping you're happy despite the "choke job" two nites later. If "we're happy with the way our season ended," (which is bs),you and your team simply weren't aiming high enough. I have a hard time believing Brady Manek was "happy" about the way his last game at UNC ended.

OFC

Thanks for coming over and telling us it's OK to "hang on" to your "choke job in the final." I bask in it. Not seeing all that championship gear on your fanbase is terrific.

"We're happy with the way our season ended????" Sorry Charlie, not buying that for one minute. No one is EVER HAPPY ending their season with a LOSS, particularly when a natty is at stake, and the game is seemingly won at half.

Yes,of course we hated losing to you, and we're not "happy about it." However don't come over here chirping you're happy despite the "choke job" two nites later. If "we're happy with the way our season ended," (which is bs),you and your team simply weren't aiming high enough. I have a hard time believing Brady Manek was "happy" about the way his last game at UNC ended.

OFC
This is exactly the breed of Tar Heel I referenced earlier. The as long as we beat Duke mentality perfectly crystallized in a long windy diatribe by one of our new pals

The Duke/UNC rivalry isn’t one game; choking an all-time job in a final is.
It isn't just about the rivalry. I am sorry, but we would be mocking any other fan base if they found more joy out of seeing us lose in the final than they would have if their team had one in the FF to make it to the final. There really is no scenario that Duke fans have any leg up on trash talking to unc fans. Had it been Arkansas instead of unc, then we would be the same. Again, no matter who it is, rivalry or not. There will never be a game that someone else loses that will bring me more joy than a game where Duke wins. I think people are just fooling themselves when they say differently. I would have much rather seen Duke play Kansas in that game (win or lose) than to see how it ended for unc. I thank God that they didn't win, but that doesn’t mean in any way that it was worth Duke losing to see it happen.

It isn't just about the rivalry. I am sorry, but we would be mocking any other fan base if they found more joy out of seeing us lose in the final than they would have if their team had one in the FF to make it to the final. There really is no scenario that Duke fans have any leg up on trash talking to unc fans. Had it been Arkansas instead of unc, then we would be the same. Again, no matter who it is, rivalry or not. There will never be a game that someone else loses that will bring me more joy than a game where Duke wins. I think people are just fooling themselves when they say differently. I would have much rather seen Duke play Kansas in that game (win or lose) than to see how it ended for unc. I thank God that they didn't win, but that doesn’t mean in any way that it was worth Duke losing to see it happen.
Ghost of course I agree with you: in no way "was it worth Duke losing to see UNC's choke job in the title game." However as you say, "Thank God they didn't win."

A full summer of media fawning in North Carolina over The Cheats, not to mention the fanbase chirping, the championship apparel everywhere!!

Duke WINNING, is the most important factor always!!! However in Central part of this state especially, THE CHEATERS LOSING brings tremendous joy to TRUE ABCers like myself!!!

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
You’re not happy, you’re just telling yourself that 😂

Keep hanging your hat on that opinion but there’s plenty of fans out there who thoroughly are enjoying the epic choke by UNC - it’ll be hard for another team to pull that same feat.

Keep hanging your hat on that opinion but there’s plenty of fans out there who thoroughly are enjoying the epic choke by UNC - it’ll be hard for another team to pull that same feat.
We just have to agree to disagree. They beat us, and the fact it was final four, we’ve never met in the tournament, and K’s last ride, seals the deal.

Them losing the title just helps the ribbing we take.

We just have to agree to disagree. They beat us, and the fact it was final four, we’ve never met in the tournament, and K’s last ride, seals the deal.

Them losing the title just helps the ribbing we take.
Again a rivalry isn’t one game or coach - a record-setting collapse in a national title game is 😀

Again a rivalry isn’t one game or coach - a record-setting collapse in a national title game is 😀
It wasn't just a rivalry game. It was a game that had Duke won, they would have had the opportunity to play for a championship. They lost, we as Duke fans, are liars if we think we have a leg to stand on mocking them for losing against Kansas. It was great that they did, but we have no room to talk. It was NOT worth losing that game to see them choke in the next game. That is just silly.

Can we quit talking about this? Bickering back and forth about if we are upset enough about it is weird. It sucked. It still sucks. But it's time to move on.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
It wasn't just a rivalry game. It was a game that had Duke won, they would have had the opportunity to play for a championship. They lost, we as Duke fans, are liars if we think we have a leg to stand on mocking them for losing against Kansas. It was great that they did, but we have no room to talk. It was NOT worth losing that game to see them choke in the next game. That is just silly.
And I am sure THEIR FANS are saying or AT LEAST THINKING, it's "silly" they choked, because they did CHOKE.

OFC

Reactions: Fourteen44
No one ever said it was a choice, but my point still remains: it was one game for Duke/UNC, but an epic collapse for UNC. A record setting one lol

The more time passes, the easier it is to see how great of a season Duke truly had. This was a team that had a ceiling of S16 or an elite eight in my mind to start the year. They won the ACC Regular Season and made the FF in the West for the first time in K's career. Toughest road to get there too. Carolina beat Duke, so what? They blew the biggest championship lead in history to Kansas!
Amen!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT