ADVERTISEMENT

Secret scrimmage

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Tennessee whipped gonzaga (not a secret one but still won’t count on record)

We’re playing Houston.. any news on that?

Reactions: christophero
Ryan Young had 14, Mitchell had 12. We were 2-17 from 3. Flip had 7 points. Roach had 10. Blakes had 3, Proctor had 2. Grandison had 2. Everyone but Schutt played double digit minutes. Reeves did not play. No one besides Young and Mitchell shot well. Proctor and Roach 3 assists between them. Just a scrimmage with our 2 best guys out but could have gone better.

Last edited:
We need Proctor to be better, and he will be. 2 points and 2 assists. Houston is a physical team, so a good test for us. And hopefully we get Lively and Whitehead back soon. We are not as physical as we were last year. Blakes looked like he played a solid game. Great that we got to see this level of comp.

Last edited:
The stat that caught my eye . Roach with ten points and five fouls .

Roach will be good, but we need him to be our rock.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after “it was a physical game”. We got 2 guys out with injuries already to get “physical” in a “secret” lol scrimmage in October. And what a “secret” with a box score ?? after the game…. Lmao. As I get older, I’m a believer in the old saying.- believe nothing you hear, and half of what you see . All I care about is staying healthy and getting healthy untill I watch the game myself.

In all fairness, Houston returns almost all their players from last season .

On a side note . Flip played center and Young and Mitchell played forward . Flip had seven points with four fouls .

Last edited:
11408299.jpeg

Got it off facebook

We will be fine. We had 2 starters out, and Houston is a top 5 team. This team may take some time to gel. It's not really ideal to have 2 starters out as it's almost an entire new team. I'm expecting more losses than we are used to. As long as we get a decent seed and improve as the year goes on.

We will be fine. We had 2 starters out, and Houston is a top 5 team. This team may take some time to gel. It's not really ideal to have 2 starters out as it's almost an entire new team. I'm expecting more losses than we are used to. As long as we get a decent seed and improve as the year goes on.
I don’t think we see a lot of losses then we’re not used to. I will say out of the transfers , Young is showing what he was brought in for . Grandison has to show me more .

Reactions: christophero
Gonna be a long season

Shaking my head on that. What do you mean by it being a long season? November through April or we are going to have a bad team. Can you clear that up. When people state things like that reminds me of the 2009 season. A cheater u after his cheaters won the 2009 natty stuck his head in my office and yelled "Duke's gonna suck next year." Just a reminder the next year turned out to be 2010. Is that whst you mean? OFC

Shaking my head on that. What do you mean by it being a long season? November through April or we are going to have a bad team. Can you clear that up. When people state things like that reminds me of the 2009 season. A cheater u after his cheaters won the 2009 natty stuck his head in my office and yelled "Duke's gonna suck next year." Just a reminder the next year turned out to be 2010. Is that whst you mean? OFC
I said the same thing in 2010. Glad I was wrong then and I hope I’m wrong now. 2010 was full of upperclassmen though. This team isint. Plus 2010 had K

I know my post isint popular. Praying I’m wrong guys. The reality is that we have a whole new young team, two of them haven’t even been on the court, a new coach, and a conference with veteran teams.

I know my post isint popular. Praying I’m wrong guys. The reality is that we have a whole new young team, two of them haven’t even been on the court, a new coach, and a conference with veteran teams.
I think all posters know this but it’s only October and Whitehead and Lively didn’t play .
Jon has said multiple times his work with this team will be on defense . He thinks they can be a good defensive team . To be without two starters and keep a top five team possibly to 61 isn’t bad .

I don’t agree with your take, but continue to post your opinion, popular or not. The board needs this. We can’t all get along, nor should we. This board isn’t half of what it used to be.
And a large part of that is the Negative Nancy’s got run out of town by the Sunshine Pumpers.

There is cause for optimism and cause for concern. Neither take is wrong. We have NBA talent but it's even younger than usual and we have a new coach.

Reactions: tanisus
It's just impossible to tell what we will be until we are playing at full strength. Without Lively and Whitehead, we are probably above average, but definitely not great. No clue how good we can be, but I do think guys will be much better when everyone is healthy and they can settle into their roles.

What is up with Lively? I heard his calf but it has been 2 weeks already. Hope it doesn't linger.

What is up with Lively? I heard his calf but it has been 2 weeks already. Hope it doesn't linger.
Don’t see any reason to rush him back for scrimmages. To be honest the rest need to play . I think it’s safe to say Lively is starting so I’d rather have him for when it counts .

Reeves make the trip?

just a scrimmage but a few trends I can see developing based on the small samples - Flip will be in foul trouble a lot, Flip & Young probably won’t be on the floor at the same time as it will lead to Opponent 2PFG % being high, Roach and Proctor’s game will elevate with Lively running PnR’s (guessing), Mitchell/Blakes will be the sparks.

best thing about this scrimmage though was playing a D like Houston. Young fellas can get a lesson on not jacking up 3’s just bc you can. Get that lesson out of the way early.

Reeves make the trip?

just a scrimmage but a few trends I can see developing based on the small samples - Flip will be in foul trouble a lot, Flip & Young probably won’t be on the floor at the same time as it will lead to Opponent 2PFG % being high, Roach and Proctor’s game will elevate with Lively running PnR’s (guessing), Mitchell/Blakes will be the sparks.

best thing about this scrimmage though was playing a D like Houston. Young fellas can get a lesson on not jacking up 3’s just bc you can. Get that lesson out of the way early.
Pretty spot on

Us jacking up a lot of 3's never seems to end well for us lately. I agree, a good lesson to learn early.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
I don’t agree with your take, but continue to post your opinion, popular or not. The board needs this. We can’t all get along, nor should we. This board isn’t half of what it used to be.
And a large part of that is the Negative Nancy’s got run out of town by the Sunshine Pumpers.

😉

Reactions: Mac9192
I am actually anticipating a pretty good season. I like the potential balance of this team when healthy, especially on defense. I am happy to see Mitchell play well.

Roach
Proctor
Whitehead
Mitchell
Lively

Roach
Keels
Griffin
Banchero
Williams

i can see this team growing like the former. Just gotta get healthy and get some time together

Reactions: JimboSlice00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT