ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

Kenneth Lofton Jr please, Louisiana Tech. Kid is a great front court player. Played on the USA college players team last year and was one of the best players. That team had Chet, Ivey and Chandler and other great players. Watch out for TCU since Jamie Dixon was the USA coach.

Lofton is the perfect, perfect portal player. He's extremely talented. A great athlete, but he's 50 pounds overweight and too short to be drafted by the NBA. His production is insanely magnificent: 25 points, 17 rebounds and 4 assists per 40 minutes. Conference USA player of the year. At Duke, he would play 20 great minutes and give you 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and a block. He also doesn't turn the ball over

Lofton is the perfect, perfect portal player. He's extremely talented. A great athlete, but he's 50 pounds overweight and too short to be drafted by the NBA. His production is insanely magnificent: 25 points, 17 rebounds and 4 assists per 40 minutes. Conference USA player of the year. At Duke, he would play 20 great minutes and give you 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and a block. He also doesn't turn the ball over
That does sound perfect for us next year. He also has 2 more years of eligibility!! He looks like Barkley in the highlights. Kid is a beast. Will be a big get for someone. He's 6-7 275. Probably 6-6. I imagine he wants to start though. Wow watching more highlights. This kid is amazing. He might start at Duke. he might start anywhere. He could lose about 15 pounds and he'd be unstoppable; conditioning is probably keeping him from huge numbers. 16 and 10 as a soph. He is very skilled with his low post moves, good body control.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
If we're looking for grown men, look no further. Add Lofton and a shooting guard in the portal and we're good to go.

Lofton Jr is definitely a beast, that would be even bigger pickup compared to Theo John last year. I loved John too, wish we had a few more years

Reactions: christophero
If Joey stays and Caleb commits, no need for another guard. I believe Blakes will stay.

If Joey stays and Caleb commits, no need for another guard. I believe Blakes will stay.
I can’t imagine Joey staying. Pretty sure Bryce Hopkins is going to Louisville after leaving Kentucky but he could be worth a phone call. Plus, it would really piss off Kentucky fans, and after Nolan tried stealing Foster on his way out the door, wouldn’t mind sticking it to Louisville.

I can’t imagine Joey staying. Pretty sure Bryce Hopkins is going to Louisville after leaving Kentucky but he could be worth a phone call. Plus, it would really piss off Kentucky fans, and after Nolan tried stealing Foster on his way out the door, wouldn’t mind sticking it to Louisville.

That's a harsh reality. Nolan knows the tricks of the trade. He's fully aware of what Duke has and who they may go for.

Don’t know wonder if they have other suitors . One would think the coach would bring them on already .
I was wrong. Doug Edert, the white guard with the moustache, did not follow his coach to seton hall. He transferred from St. Peter's to Bryant

Reactions: sheyduke
What makes you think Nolan tried to steal Foster away?

My thoughts are piling up. 1) why haven’t any are out players declared for draft when we all know they are? 2) are we gonna snag any of these transfers?

My thoughts are piling up. 1) why haven’t any are out players declared for draft when we all know they are? 2) are we gonna snag any of these transfers?
The banquet is Thursday I think after that players will start declaring .

Who is the guy who is going to wait til the last day, and then declare and say he was close to coming back?

I say Keels. Griffin is mock draft top 10... still a little surprised to see top 10, but he's gone. Id say top 20. But to answer your question I say Keels.
Reason I say Griffin is because he didn’t get to fully show what all he can do . I still think the mentality of getting hurt again played into his overall game . I also think Keels chose Duke over Villanova with the intention of being OAD.

Brakefield is a really skilled player. I hated to see him leave. But the 3 and 4 would've crowded on this team if he would have stayed... sometime I wish Duke ran the Florida State method, were 10 players are all getting PT. Doubt that ever happens, even with Jon... but The Brakefield transfer is equivalent to the Semi Ojeleye transfer years ago. If they would have adjusted their games and Roles some, they would have made great pieces on their respected Duke teams... Semi, had great success at SMU, and Brakefield is played good for ole miss.

Reactions: jamsession3
You know, I was thinking on my walk that Jon needs to be really aggressive on the transfer market assuming the guys we expect to leave leave. The fact that he is pursuing this Broome guy tells me he is. 6-10, 235, averaged 17 and 10 as a freshman. I'm sorry but F this guaranteeing spots/minutes to one and done guys. Bring in transfers and make them compete. That is the only way this team can be great. And the only way we will be competitive with the team down the road next year. There is no Zion/Banchero on next year's team. make these guys earn their spot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT