ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

Is he a good defender? I am wait and see on freshman defense. Mitchell seems like he could be.
You didn’t get to watch the game where him and Whitehead played against one another? Their defense looked good to me especially in the first two quarters.
Mitchell reminds me of a low post forward kinda old school that does a lot of scoring around the rim . Well about 12 feet out and to the rim .

Reactions: christophero
If Lively or Flip struggle, Mitchell could start. Not likely, but stranger things have happened. Also injury. Good to have depth.
I think this is where you’ll see them, no pun intended but kind of intended, flip Young into the starting lineup next to Lively. I would hold off on putting Mitchell into the starting lineup, unless he’s just proven impossible to take off the court. But agree with your points here.

Can Lively and Young play together? I guess if Lively can shoot they can. We certainly have options, and with Young's experience he should have the Theo role.
I didn't watch any live Northwestern games last year. I watched two entire games recently and loved how Young plays . He played hard every possession. His team was destroyed at Iowa, but he couldn't have played harder.

He should be an old school bruiser playing with his back to the basket. Northwestern plays a slow Princeton system on offense. Young is comfortable 20 feet from the basket passing and setting picks.

I don't think that the Northwestern offense matched the personnel. Young and Pete Nance were both too far from the basket much of the time, but I think it prepared Young to play with Lively

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT