ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Game 4: Duke vs Deleware

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
After our first L of the season we return to the Cameron for a nice game against the Deleware fighting blue hens. They better be ready to put up a big “fight” because they are currently a 22.5 point underdog.

Deleware is the defending CAA champion and lost to Villanova by 20 in the first round of the NCAA last year. The star of the team, and the one player that would have to have a magnificent game to pull the upset is Jameer Nelson……. Jr not Sr. Lead the team is scoring last year and has some solid genes as well

Deleware is coached by Martin Ingelsby, who played college basketball at ND as a pg from 1997-2001. He then was an assistant coach at Wagner before going back to ND as the coordinator of basketball operations before being promoted to assistant coach. While at Notre Dame he helped guide them to 8 NCAA tourneys and 2 elite eights.

ACCNX at 7! Not sure how to watch this one

Duke- 79

Deleware- 52

Last edited:
Duke 85
Deleware 50

I would like to see Duke work on offensive sets and moving the ball.

These games don't really tell us much but are good for the team to play together. I would like to see Lively start to impact the game more and Proctor continue to improve. Of course we are going to win but will there be a letdown after Kansas?
Just read Arizona State blew out Michigan haha. Baker with 2 points. Hurley one, Howard 0.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Schutt hit some shots. Given our 3-21 performance in the last game there are minutes for Schutt if he can hit shots. A game like this could boost confidence. Plus if one of our guards get injured/sick we may need him.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Certain cable providers carry a channel called Bally Sports South. Spectrum has it, at least where I am, near Fayetteville, NC.

It's on that channel tonight.
Where you at near Fayetteville Bullettooth? I stay about thirty minutes from there

Wow that's cool he is starting. If he plays decent after being out since summer that's a really good sign. I'm picturing an RJ Barrett type of game. Who is he replacing?

Last edited:
Duke 40-33
Lively 5 points, Flip 7, Mitchell 2, Proctor 9, Roach 4, Whitehead 2, Young 4, Blakes4, Grandison 7.

Last edited:
Roach 0-4. we cannot afford Roach to regress to early last season form. At least Proctor is playing well. 42-36 at the half. Flip playing well again. Grandison 3-3 for 7 points and a dunk. Nice bounce back game for Grandison. Mitchell quiet again.

Roach 0-4. we cannot afford Roach to regress to early last season form. At least Proctor is playing well. 42-36 at the half. Flip playing well again. Grandison 3-3 for 7 points and a dunk. Nice bounce back game for Grandison.
But the thing for Grandison he can’t guard . I want to see the shooting go up . Grandison has been getting his on a dunk and putbacks ( real nice dunk) however Riley is lighting him up when he’s in the game and Nelson isn’t in he’s got three fouls .Score is a little to close for comfort .

Reactions: jamsession3
Yeah disappointing half of basketball especially coming off a loss. Team needs to regroup and come out an play Duke basketball. Defense needs to step up, that has been the most surprising giving up 36 points with their best player in foul trouble.

Reactions: jamsession3
We aren't really rebounding that well. I don't really see the defensive prowess people are raving about. Kansas was hardly an offensive juggernaut. The first 2 teams we played were weak. Hopefully we blow them out in the second half.
50-40. Proctor with 11. Mitchell with 2 buckets. All right!

Last edited:
I just want a win, especially how they are playing so far. Might have to shorten the rotation for the second half

I can not say it enough, Young does not realize the scouting report on his out. He will get a consistent double team because of his skill set. He can not pass out of the post quickly.

I found a live feed on Devil's Den/Duke 247. Duke by 7. Roach just got fouled.
Grandison 3! Duke up 13. Blakes steal and dunk! Woo hoo. 15 point lead.
Flip behind the back and lay in. 19 point lead.
Blakes 3.
Flip 3. Enjoy him while you can folks.
Proctor with a 2.
Flip with a lay up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT