ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs GT

Damn, where is everybody at??? Oh, yeh thats right, we are winning!!! Way to go Duke!! We got another road win and that's great. Even though it was GT, some picked us to loose this game!!!
OFC
I legit thought the same thing. I never post on game threads but from time to time check in. You know when we are winning big, bc there are few posts.

Great win...hard to judge if it was because we played better or that GT was just so much worse than expected...will have to see how this translates into the next game. Always nice to have everything work though for a team's confidence

Reactions: ioliva
Damn, where is everybody at??? Oh, yeh thats right, we are winning!!! Way to go Duke!! We got another road win and that's great. Even though it was GT, some picked us to loose this game!!!

OFC
Yea I had to record it so didn’t want to come here and ruin it for myself.

Good W all around. Great way to start a tougher 4 game stretch.

Great win...hard to judge if it was because we played better or that GT was just so much worse than expected...will have to see how this translates into the next game. Always nice to have everything work though for a team's confidence
GT is really bad, but our guys got good experience and it’ll build confidence. Let’s beat wake at home and focus on next Saturday.

Not sure how good we were today because GT is just awful. But, it’s a road win. Can’t get the second until you get the first one.
Build off this.

Reactions: christophero
Watching the game now with some thoughts.
1. Flip and Lively with 3s. Roach looks good early.
2 . Roach looks confident. You can see games where he is relaxed and games where he is tense.
3. Young going to work down low. I like bringing him off the bench.
4. Nice to see us using our size.
5. Grandison playing well. He seems to know his role on this team more than Whitehead.
6. 43-25 at the half. GT is not very good, but we are taking care of business.
7. Proctor to Lively dunk. Lively is playing better. Proctor with a nice runner. He is figuring it out. Those 2 might be the key for us.
8. Great entry pass from Grandison to Young. Grandison is playing great. 10 points and several nice assists.
9. Mitchell with a great drive and dunk. "He is going to be a force for the Blue Devils in the future." I certainly hope so.
10. Schutt with 2 nice drives. Great win. Proctor 8 assists 0 turnovers.
We're up to 25 on Kenpom. Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Thrilled about the win!! Sure its a really bad GA Tech team, but we needed to rock somebody on the road. Five guys in double figures, the emergence of Lively took another step, and solid outside shooting. Excellent D.

Big week ahead, and Wake is no trap game. They're good, and we will be out for revenge. Then the Cheaters come to town. Talk about revenge.

OFC

Duke played the way that I was hoping that they would play after the break. The improvement is obvious. I understand very well that there will still be some tough losses in the future but get Whitehead back and make the tournament and hey, my glasses are shaded blue enough that I will still dream about a strong finish. On a positive note, my guess is that Whitehead may? be back as soon as the UNC game. On a less positive note, my belief in a second year of Flip is diminishing with every game that I see him play.

Vegas has us at 9 now, and by all means we should win and cover the spread. Until we show we are a legit road team, I will continue to pick against us. Josh Pastner finds a way to notch Tech's 9th win, as Duke gives an uninspired effort. 65-60.

OFC

Glad we covered the spread. That's important you know.😊 OFC

Did any of you notice the small ear piece inside Coach Scheyer's left ear. Well the reason K-oach Q is not on this thread is because finally a coach from Duke took some advice and listened as K-oach Q called in the plays and decesions from an unknown position. We may see that the rest of the season. OFC 😊

It would be nice if we could beat Wake at home and have some momentum going into the Carolina game. Based on what i saw today I think he have a chance to win our next 2. Roach looks healthy. Lively and Proctor are starting to figure it out. Sometimes it is hard to see improvement in losses but we played pretty well the last 2 road games we lost.

I really like Proctor. He's one of our most important players, and he has caught up to the game. He's playing great.

I didn't realize how monstrous Reeves is. Maybe he's been living in the weight room. He looked enormous out there. I believe he will be a big piece for us next year or the year after.

Last edited:
It would be nice if we could beat Wake at home and have some momentum going into the Carolina game. Based on what i saw today I think he have a chance to win our next 2. Roach looks healthy. Lively and Proctor are starting to figure it out. Sometimes it is hard to see improvement in losses but we played pretty well the last 2 road games we lost.
Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but let’s pump the brakes a little. One game at a time. We just beat a pathetic GT team. Wake should be a good test.

Someone mentioned on DBR that Grandison seems to play better the more minutes he plays. He played more minutes at Illinois. I think he will thrive with Whitehead out. Today may have been his best game at Duke.

Reactions: tcoyle34
I’ve been gone all day. Just now got to the thread. Can’t wait to watch this recorded. Relieved in seeing the score. WOW. Wish schutt woulda hit a 3 at least but looks like we played all around great. Hope this carry’s over to wake and then Carolina! Be nice to get 3 W’s in a row before Miami again and the big bad Virginia!

Go duke

Someone mentioned on DBR that Grandison seems to play better the more minutes he plays. He played more minutes at Illinois. I think he will thrive with Whitehead out. Today may have been his best game at Duke.
Grandison always plays better against lower tier teams . It’s the upper tier teams Duke needs him to show up against .

It's a long way from the days of Kenny Anderson. They made the finals one year.

Did any of you notice the small ear piece inside Coach Scheyer's left ear. Well the reason K-oach Q is not on this thread is because finally a coach from Duke took some advice and listened as K-oach Q called in the plays and decesions from an unknown position. We may see that the rest of the season. OFC 😊
He was at K's house. K wanted to apologize in person for not recommending him for the job.

A very nice win. While it’s only GT, the fact they did it on the road is particularly encouraging. Glad to see Lively become more assertive - I’m still looking for my teeth that dropped on the floor when he hit that 3! Other good news to hear that Whitehead may be back soon - Duke tends to be extra cautious about players returning from an injury, so that puts my thoughts that he might shut down to rest.

So is this the beginning of a collective team resurgence or merely a great showing against an inferior opponent? Hopefully the former, but we’re going to find out soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT