ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs GT

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Another day another need for a win.. this is one of the “easier” games we have remaining. That being said it’s in Atlanta and we all know how awful we play on the road. Game is scheduled for a 3pm tip on ACCN. At writing we are an 8 point favorite.

GT is 8-12 with their only good win coming against Miami. Tech is coach by Josh Pastner in his 7th year at the helm. Previously the head coach and assistant coach at Memphis. Josh played at Arizona where he won a national championship.

Until this team proves it can win on the road I dont care if we’re playing western Carolina I’m
not predicting a win.

Duke-72
GT- 74

Another day another need for a win.. this is one of the “easier” games we have remaining. That being said it’s in Atlanta and we all know how awful we play on the road. Game is scheduled for a 3pm tip on ACCN. At writing we are an 8 point favorite.

GT is 8-12 with their only good win coming against Miami. Tech is coach by Josh Pastner in his 7th year at the helm. Previously the head coach and assistant coach at Memphis. Josh played at Arizona where he won a national championship.

Until this team proves it can win on the road I dont care if we’re playing western Carolina I’m
not predicting a win.

Duke-72
GT- 74
If we can’t win today hello NIT

Vegas has us at 9 now, and by all means we should win and cover the spread. Until we show we are a legit road team, I will continue to pick against us. Josh Pastner finds a way to notch Tech's 9th win, as Duke gives an uninspired effort. 65-60.

OFC

Must win game. I think we win by 10. If we lose today the season will get away from us. Grandison should get more minutes and we probably see Schutt. We are 8 point favorites so please do not lose this game today. I think they get it done. The fact that several people picked GT shows how bad we have been on the road. Today is a chance to change that, if only a little.

Last edited:
If we avoid the 8 minute scoreless stretch we're prone to having, then I think we win by 10 plus and Schutt gets some burn that will help him as the season goes on.

Note: We shoot REALLY badly on the road, including on the foul line. We have to get past that.

Is the game on already? I thought it was in 3 hours. Time difference ugh. Im on a walk.

Last edited:
With Whitehead out this starting lineup is the correct one in my opinion.

I say that because as much as I like Young and his footwork and fundamentals, the more he plays, the more he’s exposed.

I would roll with this starting 5, Whitehead 6th man upon his return.

I thought it was some of the best ball movement yet but got to stop going soft . That block on lively he should have dunked it and took a foul.

Schutt got in and didn’t look bad .

Just got home. Looks like we are taking care of business. Nice. I see Schutt got in. Good stats for Lively and Flip.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Flip is putting up monster numbers. Looks like Proctor is playing well. The game isn't on out here. 15-6 after today. That sounds a lot better than 14-7. Lively with 9 and 8. Roach playing well. Is Blakes in the doghouse? He doesn't seem to play much anymore.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Okay, take care of business in the next three games and it is a different season. Wake, cheats, At Miami. Two quad one wins and a quad two translates into top 15 ranking

Reactions: sheyduke
The ball movement has been really good.

To answer your question Chris, it looks like his nose started bleeding early on and he’s seen minimal minutes .

Reactions: christophero
I get it’s GT but when this team shares the ball anything can happen . Lively and Flip have looked good
Right? I don’t get why the team won’t move the ball like today in previous games.

I’m in Vegas and bet Duke on the spread 🥳 wasn’t much of a payout but I’ll take it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT