ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

I’m not sure if people realize it or not but UNC has beaten Duke in 4 out of the last 5 games…

Also UNC has played in the NC game three times since our last title while we have played in it zero times in the same time frame.

Just my opinion….We can make fun of them all we want….Sending people to the NBA doesn’t mean 💩 to me…Id rather be beating them and I would much rather be watching our guys play for the NC than what we usually get to watch.

I don’t know why anyone thinks they won’t kick our &$$ again next year….they are just better.
K, at present time I have to agree with you. I was aware of the 4 out of 5, and that's not acceptable for Duke basketball.Personally I could give a tinkers d@mn about how many first rounders we have. Jon better be busy in the portal!

OFC

Young being a big off the bench would be a good get . 6’10” 240 but rumor is AJ Green is leaning to where his father is an assistant coach .

Reactions: geddoughton23
I’m not sure if people realize it or not but UNC has beaten Duke in 4 out of the last 5 games…

Also UNC has played in the NC game three times since our last title while we have played in it zero times in the same time frame.

Just my opinion….We can make fun of them all we want….Sending people to the NBA doesn’t mean 💩 to me…Id rather be beating them and I would much rather be watching our guys play for the NC than what we usually get to watch.

I don’t know why anyone thinks they won’t kick our &$$ again next year….they are just better.
Yea we realize it and Thank you for saying this! Some of us get crushed for staying the obvious. Lots of denial on this board IMO

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
I my opinion, Duke is judged by 2 things. Getting deep in the tournament, and success against the holes. Not by how many guys go pro.

The holes just went to the title game, have 4 of their 5 starters back, and have beaten Duke 4 of the last 5 times. All with slightly less hyped players.
See last sentence of above paragraph.

Maybe Jon is what the program needs. Time will tell, but the concern, and it’s legit, is we NEED experience. Our roster in 15 and 22 proves it.

Last edited:
I'm healthy and so are my friends & family. Braves won the WS, Raiders are a contender again, Duke made the FF, the Spurs are about to get some great draft picks to put around their young good core (Tre is going to explode next season), and the Hurricanes have a legit shot at the Cup. The staff is in the portal and Duke is going to fill these holes. It's all good.
Everyone but Battier and Nate James if memory serves. James was a year behind but had a redshirt year.
Casey Sanders too I believe. Gave a big lift when Boozer was out

Reactions: Fourteen44
Find it funny that most on here act like North Carolina will have an all time great team next year. Those douchebags lost 11 games last year. They had an extremely easy path to the Final 4. Those guys are massively overrated right now....

Find it funny that most on here act like North Carolina will have an all time great team next year. Those douchebags lost 11 games last year. They had an extremely easy path to the Final 4. Those guys are massively overrated right now....
Plus, they lost their best player, Manek, who provided a large portion of their offense and most of their threes. OFC

People are at an all time delusion if they think unc is taking a step back or something. This was the same team that is what? 5-1 in the last 6 against us and gonna have 4 starters back. They are head and shoulders above us currently

I believe if Duke could add an impact big like Lofton our front court rotation would be set with Lively at 4 and Lofton at 5 with Flip coming off the bench. That would be better than most in the country including UNC. Then Mitchell could help out with the backcourt rotation. Dreaming but would be huge. Lofton is on Bacot level in my opinion. Really hope Coach Scheyer reaches out to him, I think that is what he is looking for a much bigger stage. Kid killed it with team USA this summer, even played better than Chet Holmgren or Jaden Ivey. He lead the team in scoring.

Last edited:
I believe if Duke could add an impact big like Lofton our front court rotation would be set with Lively at 4 and Lofton at 5 with Flip coming off the bench. That would be better than most in the country including UNC. Then Mitchell could help out with the backcourt rotation. Dreaming but would be huge. Lofton is on Bacot level in my opinion. Really hope Coach Scheyer reaches out to him, I think that is what he is looking for a much bigger stage. Kid killed it with team USA this summer, even played better than Chet Holmgren or Jaden Ivey. He lead the team in scoring.
Lively is not playing at the 4. Flip and Lively were sold on playing together.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Flip isn’t coming to duke to come off the bench, lively isn’t a 4

Reactions: JimboSlice00
If Duke wants to be a title contender they might have to. Lively already plays as a stretch big and so does Flip. They all will play some 5. I said dream situation but I don’t think Flip is ready for 30 plus minutes at this stage. And I don’t think Northwestern transfer would be the answer Duke would need. It would be the three headed monster similar to this years team.

Reactions: christophero
Does anyone else worry about NIL being a big disadvantage for the smaller private universities with alumni nationwide rather than in 1 central area? I’ve heard rumors about Jay Wright getting out due to the future of Villanova not able to offer things that other schools can offer.

I feel like all these major state universities can raise millions of dollars very quickly at a local car dealership or something, many options. The SEC is out ahead of NIL and though they have always dominated in football, the basketball is getting much better as these schools seem to have an endless supply of resources.

Duke is playing a different game than the other private schools and have a lot more NIL connections I’d assume, but gotta wonder if long term this could hurt Duke.

If Duke wants to be a title contender they might have to. Lively already plays as a stretch big and so does Flip. They all will play some 5. I said dream situation but I don’t think Flip is ready for 30 plus minutes at this stage. And I don’t think Northwestern transfer would be the answer Duke would need. It would be the three headed monster similar to this years team.
Lofton is not coming to Duke. I don't disagree on Flip playing 30+. Jon will bring in impact players though.

Hopefully to the level of Lofton. That is my biggest concern and if we can pickup someone to that level then we can probably move Michell to the three spot. It would really help with the rotations on both the front and backcourt.

Agree Lofton is very good. Good enough to start at Duke. But I don't think we go after him. But we should. Kid reminds me of Charles Barkley. We can still score 2 good guys in the portal, but with Keels leaving it becomes a need instead of a want.

Agree Lofton is very good. Good enough to start at Duke. But I don't think we go after him. But we should. Kid reminds me of Charles Barkley. We can still score 2 good guys in the portal, but with Keels leaving it becomes a need instead of a want.
I think we need 3 players. Two guards and a big.

I don't know how good Young is, but he is a legit 240. Dude is beefy with broad shoulders. He looks like a football player.

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT