ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament with no Fans?

My heart goes out to you and your family....it truly does. All my best.

Danged it dude I didn't know. So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost both my mom and dad several years ago and wished I would have told both of them how much I loved them. Now in my later years I finally think I get it. Oh whatI would give if I could have a few days to hang out with them. I have so many things I would tell and show them. Spend has much time as possible with your mom. OFC

Wow, it is getting serious in NJ. In the last thirty minutes we've gotten word of half a dozen school districts closing, including my hometown. Peoples phones are ringing with closings and cancellations of stuff. I expect the state to be largely done with public education and the like within a day or two for at least two weeks.

I’ll bite. Something HAD to be done about this booming economy. If it kept on booming, Trump gets re-elected. They’ve been trying to find some way to squash it since day one.
Trumpers are to Trump what UK fans are to Cal. Total victim complex and everything is about them and everyone is out to get them/against their team.

Also, AIDS was insanely bad and extremely drastic measures were taken to combat the spread of the disease. It's not as if it was suddenly realized that AIDS wasn't as bad as originally perceived. We combated it with an extravagant amount of funding, resources, and other measures throughout the last couple of decades. The fear of it taking over the world wasn't an overreaction that you can base upon your vantage point in 2020 and looking back through the years; it's that very sort of concern and fear about the disease all those years ago that made people take it seriously and dump an insane amount of effort into fighting it. Major props to Bush Jr., actually for allocating the biggest funding relief ever to the pandemic and spread of AIDS in Africa.

Wow, it is getting serious in NJ. In the last thirty minutes we've gotten word of half a dozen school districts closing, including my hometown. Peoples phones are ringing with closings and cancellations of stuff. I expect the state to be largely done with public education and the like within a day or two for at least two weeks.

I’m actually in NJ too and my daughters school was closed today and my wife is a teacher and they are prepping

Good post. We never know what's happening in other peoples lives. My dad went into the hospital last month with crazy breathing problems. He came home after a week, on Valentines Day, and then dropped dead in front of my mom the night of the 15th. She called me in hysterics, with medics working on him in the background, and I had to make the call, on the phone, for them to stop working on him. It has been a heck of a month, and my mom is no spring chicken, and now we are neck deep in prepping for weeks of school closure while finishing up report cards for tomorrow and planning parent teacher conferences for next week (which now apparently will have to be teleconferences or something?) while keeping both my kids at home and my kids at school calm and also making sure that the house is prepped if things DO go really south (ah, the fun of being dad, right?)... and the virus was in the Cheesecake factory one town over, and in the hospital one town over, and I live 20 minutes from the big NY containment zone... so obviously everyone is coming at it from a different place... I think most of the folks here are just sharing what they are reading as we try to learn. I'm sure folks, including me, are getting things wrong, but what can you do, you know?

Anyway... yeah. Haven't really shared that with anyone yet. Haven't cried yet either... too much to do, too many people to support. Plus, I don't cry. I'm sure that's okay and it's not all building up to a heart attack...?:)

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your father. That's tough no matter when or how it happens.

Reactions: TheDude1
I’m actually in NJ too and my daughters school was closed today and my wife is a teacher and they are prepping

Yeah, a lot of schools have done that... Paramus was closed yesterday, we are doing a half day tomorrow... a lot of places are closing so teachers can prep. But now things are closing for real... a bunch of the private schools in Northern NJ are closing, my home town public schools just closed for two weeks (it hasnt been announced to the public, but the teachers have been told)...

The private school my kids attend has their spring break two weeks from now. Parents were just sent an email telling us administrators were meeting tonight to discuss whether or not school would be in session next week. Their thought process is potentially suspend classes next Monday through Thursday (they're already off Friday to start spring break) and then have a week off. It would allow them to gather more information and re-evaluate where they're at two weeks from now.

Who are "They"? The CDC? The WHO? The Media?

Are they all working together? The CDC and WHO are part of the conspiracy? And to what end? To get people in a panic and what? To buy toilet paper and paper towels and canned goods? So Charmin and Quilted Northern paired with the CDC and the WHO to feed alarming info to the media, knowing it'd cause a frenzy so people would freak out, cancel everything (including sporting events - oh yeah, what are they getting out of taking the financial hit? Are they in on it as well or just a victim of the "grand plan"?), and drive sells of toiletries and non-perishables.

Who is dragging it out? And for what reason? And what is your proof? And what do you know about the virus that the CDC and WHO are missing? Have you thought about getting into the upper echelons of those organizations?

Put the crack like down, please. I see what you’re trying to do, but I’m not taking the bait.

I will say this: I work in the field. I’ve spent time with 2 virologists this week alone, one who is capitalizing on the hysteria with a rapid dx test, and the hysteria behind this is astounding, especially with the inconsistency being pumped by the media (see incorrect TOA of covid19 in the states, genetic differences of each country effected, avg age of inflicted countries, slow vector of covid19 in the states, etc). The common denominator for gov agencies is CYA. It’s that simple. The beauty of Capitalism is that there’s almost a certainty that a company or more can capitalize from any scenario. Your crazy ass brought up the conspiracy portion of for profit companies, not me - cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Keep the tin hat on. Don’t leave your house. Buy your toilet paper. Find your happy place. :)

Btw - deaths went backwards today in the states; a couple were reallocated to influenza post mortem. Wow, this virus is going backwards. H1n1 says hi, you know, the h1n1 that affected 60.5 million people here in 15 months and killed around 30 people a day.

Trumpers are to Trump what UK fans are to Cal. Total victim complex and everything is about them and everyone is out to get them/against their team.

Also, AIDS was insanely bad and extremely drastic measures were taken to combat the spread of the disease. It's not as if it was suddenly realized that AIDS wasn't as bad as originally perceived. We combated it with an extravagant amount of funding, resources, and other measures throughout the last couple of decades. The fear of it taking over the world wasn't an overreaction that you can base upon your vantage point in 2020 and looking back through the years; it's that very sort of concern and fear about the disease all those years ago that made people take it seriously and dump an insane amount of effort into fighting it. Major props to Bush Jr., actually for allocating the biggest funding relief ever to the pandemic and spread of AIDS in Africa.

Non Trumper here who enjoys your Leftist tears. Tasty.

I will give you benefit and assume you’re not a Bolshevik Bern guy, though ;)

The private school my kids attend has their spring break two weeks from now. Parents were just sent an email telling us administrators were meeting tonight to discuss whether or not school would be in session next week. Their thought process is potentially suspend classes next Monday through Thursday (they're already off Friday to start spring break) and then have a week off. It would allow them to gather more information and re-evaluate where they're at two weeks from now.
Schools are shutting down here as well. I'm a pastor and the staff and I have been trying to make plans for this weekend. Unfortunately, our budget makes us run week to week and not meeting this Sunday would mean staff not getting paychecks.

There won’t be any tournament. They stopped all production at the Arena here in Dayton. Floor came in today, they just halted everything on that. Pulled everybody out of the arena all together.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but I just stopped at Walmart to get some things for work. I wasn’t looking for toilet paper, but i noticed that you can’t buy any? So there’s a virus, and Walmart has plenty of food, toothpaste, shampo, cat food, beer, milk, bread, plenty of everything. But NO TOILET PAPER!! Why????
Why is it only the toilet paper that’s completely gone? I mean, I’m in KY, so I get that toothpaste wasn’t in high demand, but wow!

ok but, but, how many bold faced lies can congressional Democrats throw out there in say...a years period and you still support that kinda bullshit? That’s just weird to me. I mean.
, they tell a lie, next day given concrete lock hard facts it’s a lie, 2 weeks later they say they never said it, and a week after that, it’s like they didn’t. I mean, I’m assuming you voted for Hillary? You think she’s honest? Trustworthy? That whole crushing phones with hammers and bleach bit on every server around didn’t get your wonder up just a teeny bit? I just get tickled when you crowd call Trump a liar. Compared to the Democrats, who are the lie Ninjas of the universe, it’s just kinda funny.

They all wanted a wall before Trump came around. Now it’s racist? They all wanted more border security, now it’s racist? Obama BUILT the frigging cages border kids were put into. But now, those cages are brutal and Inhumane? That’s weird. Obama was worth what, 600k when he landed in the White House? Now he’s out buying 18 million dollar Martha’s Vineyard mansions? Where ya reckon all that dough came from? Spare me your Cal references ol boy. You ain’t scratching the surface over here.

ok but, but, how many bold faced lies can congressional Democrats throw out there in say...a years period and you still support that kinda bullshit? That’s just weird to me. I mean.
, they tell a lie, next day given concrete lock hard facts it’s a lie, 2 weeks later they say they never said it, and a week after that, it’s like they didn’t. I mean, I’m assuming you voted for Hillary? You think she’s honest? Trustworthy? That whole crushing phones with hammers and bleach bit on every server around didn’t get your wonder up just a teeny bit? I just get tickled when you crowd call Trump a liar. Compared to the Democrats, who are the lie Ninjas of the universe, it’s just kinda funny.

They all wanted a wall before Trump came around. Now it’s racist? They all wanted more border security, now it’s racist? Obama BUILT the frigging cages border kids were put into. But now, those cages are brutal and Inhumane? That’s weird. Obama was worth what, 600k when he landed in the White House? Now he’s out buying 18 million dollar Martha’s Vineyard mansions? Where ya reckon all that dough came from? Spare me your Cal references ol boy. You ain’t scratching the surface over here.

Mpm is getting wrecked here but hopefully this gets locked soon.

Put the crack like down, please. I see what you’re trying to do, but I’m not taking the bait.

I will say this: I work in the field. I’ve spent time with 2 virologists this week alone, one who is capitalizing on the hysteria with a rapid dx test, and the hysteria behind this is astounding, especially with the inconsistency being pumped by the media (see incorrect TOA of covid19 in the states, genetic differences of each country effected, avg age of inflicted countries, slow vector of covid19 in the states, etc). The common denominator for gov agencies is CYA. It’s that simple. The beauty of Capitalism is that there’s almost a certainty that a company or more can capitalize from any scenario. Your crazy ass brought up the conspiracy portion of for profit companies, not me - cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Keep the tin hat on. Don’t leave your house. Buy your toilet paper. Find your happy place. :)

Btw - deaths went backwards today in the states; a couple were reallocated to influenza post mortem. Wow, this virus is going backwards. H1n1 says hi, you know, the h1n1 that affected 60.5 million people here in 15 months and killed around 30 people a day.
Your story of working in the field is completely anecdotal. My wife works in the field as well and, had we not canceled our vacation in a few weeks, she would have needed to self- quarantine before being allowed to return to work. Again, it's anecdotal. I'm not arguing that policies aren't being implemented to cover their asses; I'm just saying it's likely for good reason.

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but I just stopped at Walmart to get some things for work. I wasn’t looking for toilet paper, but i noticed that you can’t buy any? So there’s a virus, and Walmart has plenty of food, toothpaste, shampo, cat food, beer, milk, bread, plenty of everything. But NO TOILET PAPER!! Why????
Why is it only the toilet paper that’s completely gone? I mean, I’m in KY, so I get that toothpaste wasn’t in high demand, but wow!

We are all going to get it and die. But we will feel Charmin soft!!

Your story of working in the field is completely anecdotal. My wife works in the field as well and, had we not canceled our vacation in a few weeks, she would have needed to self- quarantine before being allowed to return to work. Again, it's anecdotal. I'm not arguing that policies aren't being implemented to cover their asses; I'm just saying it's likely for good reason.

Your point of this post is what? Your wife works within virology? Which region? How does she feel about the genetic susceptibility factor of this strain?

So Duke had decided that the teams would not participate in sporting events, and K was very supportive of this decision.

So Duke had decided that the teams would not participate in sporting events, and K was very supportive of this decision.
Yeah but K just wants to do his part in helping the Media bring the economy down.

Arguing aside, I think we can all agree that it's going to suck if there isn't an NCAA tourney to watch.

Contingency - CBB XBOX tournament, broadcast live....players have to be current roster players. e-national champ is crowned

Arguing aside, I think we can all agree that it's going to suck if there isn't an NCAA tourney to watch.

For sure. Was talking about this with that UK poster, Jimbo, last night... and I feel ****ing TERRIBLE for Tre and all the rest of the guys. Just terrible.

Wish they could delay it, but I know thats likely a logistical impossibility:(

Reactions: Mpm277
Good post. We never know what's happening in other peoples lives. My dad went into the hospital last month with crazy breathing problems. He came home after a week, on Valentines Day, and then dropped dead in front of my mom the night of the 15th. She called me in hysterics, with medics working on him in the background, and I had to make the call, on the phone, for them to stop working on him. It has been a heck of a month, and my mom is no spring chicken, and now we are neck deep in prepping for weeks of school closure while finishing up report cards for tomorrow and planning parent teacher conferences for next week (which now apparently will have to be teleconferences or something?) while keeping both my kids at home and my kids at school calm and also making sure that the house is prepped if things DO go really south (ah, the fun of being dad, right?)... and the virus was in the Cheesecake factory one town over, and in the hospital one town over, and I live 20 minutes from the big NY containment zone... so obviously everyone is coming at it from a different place... I think most of the folks here are just sharing what they are reading as we try to learn. I'm sure folks, including me, are getting things wrong, but what can you do, you know?

Anyway... yeah. Haven't really shared that with anyone yet. Haven't cried yet either... too much to do, too many people to support. Plus, I don't cry. I'm sure that's okay and it's not all building up to a heart attack...?:)
Hi TheDude1, the loss of a loved one like you have recently experienced has a way of changing ones perspective of about everything in your life. My condolences to you on the loss of your Dad and I hope each and every day gets a bit easier for you and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT