ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament with no Fans?

Hi TheDude1, the loss of a loved one like you have recently experienced has a way of changing ones perspective of about everything in your life. My condolences to you on the loss of your Dad and I hope each and every day gets a bit easier for you and your family.

I have him blocked but even through all of this craziness, I’m very sorry to hear. Condolences to him and his family.

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but I just stopped at Walmart to get some things for work. I wasn’t looking for toilet paper, but i noticed that you can’t buy any? So there’s a virus, and Walmart has plenty of food, toothpaste, shampo, cat food, beer, milk, bread, plenty of everything. But NO TOILET PAPER!! Why????
Why is it only the toilet paper that’s completely gone? I mean, I’m in KY, so I get that toothpaste wasn’t in high demand, but wow!

If you run into this “sh*tty” situation, try the camping section. I went there and there was plenty of the toilet paper made for campers!!

Man, reading some of these posts in this thread is crazy. No matter what the title is, politics always creep their way in here. Hopefully one day I can find a board that stops this after people have been told to keep it off the boards. I've met some great guys here, but i refuse to keep seeing the same crap time after time. Nobody truly cares about another person's political view here, but it continues to find it's way around this board somehow.

You guys and gals take it easy and it was a true blast being here.

Man, reading some of these posts in this thread is crazy. No matter what the title is, politics always creep their way in here. Hopefully one day I can find a board that stops this after people have been told to keep it off the boards. I've met some great guys here, but i refuse to keep seeing the same crap time after time. Nobody truly cares about another person's political view here, but it continues to find it's way around this board somehow.

You guys and gals take it easy and it was a true blast being here.
You better not be leaving! We’ll hunt you down and drag you back!

Reactions: dbav
Wow! Somehow, Ol' Roy will take some credit about how the NCAA needed UNC.

Seriously, it will be interesting to see if this changes any players minds that were considering leaving early. For many, it won't but for a few, it could.

I let Mpm bait me in, he’s always throwing it out there. I’ll let it go buddy.

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but I just stopped at Walmart to get some things for work. I wasn’t looking for toilet paper, but i noticed that you can’t buy any? So there’s a virus, and Walmart has plenty of food, toothpaste, shampo, cat food, beer, milk, bread, plenty of everything. But NO TOILET PAPER!! Why????
Why is it only the toilet paper that’s completely gone? I mean, I’m in KY, so I get that toothpaste wasn’t in high demand, but wow!

How about the dry corn cobb supply in Ky. Are people hoarding those? :) OFC

Well, no. Show built a strawman and named it Mpm and then attacked it.
You are a whiny twerp. Arrogant and condescending. You were carved up like a honey-baked ham. And after that happened, your out was that you were misunderstood or that you did not say what you said. Banning you would be an infinitesimally small price to pay to get Sho and the others back.

Reactions: Fourteen44
You are a whiny twerp. Arrogant and condescending. You were carved up like a honey-baked ham. And after that happened, your out was that you were misunderstood or that you did not say what you said. Banning you would be an infinitesimally small price to pay to get Sho and the others back.

My guess is that it is posts like this that drove away that many of that good, old-timer core.

Guys, it’s an emotional time for everyone involved. We all want the same thing here which is the end of this virus and a vaccine so that we can get back to normal life as we know it. No matter what side of the aisle or fence you sit, the goal is the same. Let’s try and be civil and get back to why we are all here, our love for Duke.

In other news they just cancelled all K-12 classes for next two weeks in North Carolina.

my guess is that this will be everywhere for two or three weeks… Seems to be what we’re about to do. Every school near me is closed for a minimum of two weeks now. do three weeks like this, start cutting down the number of transmissions, in the end that will get things under control I think.

Guys, it’s an emotional time for everyone involved. We all want the same thing here which is the end of this virus and a vaccine so that we can get back to normal life as we know it. No matter what side of the aisle or fence you sit, the goal is the same. Let’s try and be civil and get back to why we are all here, our love for Duke.

My man, it won’t fully end with a vaccine as they’re never 100% effective. It ends with treating with antiviral(s) and building immunity over time, to this strain and future ones. Also critical will be when the dust settles and people realize it’s not as bad as it’s being hyped to be (and no I’m not saying people should be careless lol).

You’re right though, there’s a wide range of emotions from calm/rationality all the way to believing everything being said (which happens to fit some peoples narratives, sadly).

My man, it won’t fully end with a vaccine as they’re never 100% effective. It ends with treating with antiviral(s) and building immunity over time, to this strain and future ones. Also critical will be when the dust settles and people realize it’s not as bad as it’s being hyped to be (and no I’m not saying people should be careless lol).

You’re right though, there’s a wide range of emotions from calm/rationality all the way to believing everything being said (which happens to fit some peoples narratives, sadly).
Thanks for the clarification, probably should have been more broad than just a vaccine, but the overall sentiment is the same. Appreciate the post.

Thanks for the clarification, probably should have been more broad than just a vaccine, but the overall sentiment is the same. Appreciate the post.

Sorry man I’m not nitpicking you, I’m just sensitive to misinformation out there. I agree with you overall though!

Reactions: timo0402
For those that live in North Carolina and have school age children. Has everyone heard that the Governor has ordered that all public schools are to be closed for the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: SWEc/o95
My guess is that it is posts like this that drove away that many of that good, old-timer core.
No, Dude, you are missing the point. It was the post that induced my post that you should be attacking. Absent that post, there would have been nothing for you to cry about. But politics are politics, are they not?

Well, here's what it would've looked like if they'd done the 16 team field. Would've been interesting for sure. Any thoughts as to who wins that bracket? I've got Duke over Kansas in the final for my picks!

Well, here's what it would've looked like if they'd done the 16 team field. Would've been interesting for sure. Any thoughts as to who wins that bracket? I've got Duke over Kansas in the final for my picks!

Obviously the committee was helping Duke and screwing over KY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT