ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoffs Thread

You made what you call a stupid prediction, and thought no one would bring it up? Sorry that gets you all riled up.
Not riled up, just wondering if you were waiting a full week to call me out on that? Judging by the posting history, seems like it. And if so, that is pathetic.

Have a good one. Cavs in 7.

Last edited:
There is no greatest of all time... There is only greatest of a particular era. Too many players from too many eras too different to compare. Not to mention different positions and different skillsets. I find the argument silly and annoying.

I’m curious if you put MJ on all of Lebrons teams, and Lebron on all of MJs teams what their finals records would be? Lebron 6-0? MJ 3-6? ...lol never heard anybody talk about that

I’m curious if you put MJ on all of Lebrons teams, and Lebron on all of MJs teams what their finals records would be? Lebron 6-0? MJ 3-6? ...lol never heard anybody talk about that
Lebron goes 8-0 because he doesn't take a 2 year "sabbatical" for gambling.

MJ goes either 3-6 or 4-5. I'm tempted to say 4-5 because he probably beats the Mavs in 2011. The 2011 Mavs finals is the biggest, and IMO the only blemish on Lebron's resume'.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Do y'all think Steve Kerr will be viewed the way Phil Jackson was (is)? Like anyone could have coached those guys to a championship?
OFC

Not riled up, just wondering if you were waiting a full week to call me out on that? Judging by the posting history, seems like it. And if so, that is pathetic.

Have a good one. Cavs in 7.

You continue to attack me, instead of what I said. Now that's pathetic.

Lebron goes 8-0 because he doesn't take a 2 year "sabbatical" for gambling.

MJ goes either 3-6 or 4-5. I'm tempted to say 4-5 because he probably beats the Mavs in 2011. The 2011 Mavs finals is the biggest, and IMO the only blemish on Lebron's resume'.
I agree lol all I can say . Next question would be should that weigh in on the goat debate. Especially to guys like Skip whos all about the 6-0! Or I guess say exclude the title comparison in that debate.i didn’t get a chance to really see a lot of MJ so my opinions tainted.:)

Has anyone seen the reports that Lebron is going to be meeting with the Warriors in the offseason? I guess he’s going with the “if you can’t beat em join em” method if he ends up going to the Warriors lol

S5b9K8s_d.jpg

Reactions: GillJET
If Lebron can’t catch MJ can Durant or anybody else catch Lebron lol Zion? RJ ? Cam?

Has anyone seen the reports that Lebron is going to be meeting with the Warriors in the offseason? I guess he’s going with the “if you can’t beat em join em” method if he ends up going to the Warriors lol

I've seen that mentioned in forums and comment sections, but I've taken that as sarcasm. I haven't seen any actual reporting about this.

I think LeBron would try to form his own superteam again, before trying to join GSW. I think that would be option Z for him.

This is kinda hard to answer as a straight swap because they play different positions. For example, if MJ goes to that Heat team he has to play alongside Wade, which is a little redundant. Having said that, given the sheer talent on the Heat teams, MJ goes 4-0 in finals with that bunch and possibly breaks the Bulls win record. Assuming the same teams and same injuries to key players, he probably goes 1-3 with the Cavs. LeBron probably goes 4-2 or 3-3 with the Bulls assuming he gets there every year at all. LeBron has basically had cakewalks to the finals every year (and realistically should have this year too) while Jordan had to beat some very good teams on the way. The Bad Boys, Knicks, Cavs, and Pacers all had really good teams during the time of Jordan.

Maybe Lebron will go to the warriors and piss everybody off lmao

I've seen that mentioned in forums and comment sections, but I've taken that as sarcasm. I haven't seen any actual reporting about this.

I think LeBron would try to form his own superteam again, before trying to join GSW. I think that would be option Z for him.

He has said he wouldn't be opposed to it, but most don't think it's a real possibility. They would basically have to blow up this team to make it happen. The most common landing spots I've seen are Houston, Philly, and the Lakers. Houston and Philly both seem like bad fits to me. There are only so many dribbles for Harden, Paul, and James in Houston. Not to mention to get the cap right, they would have to get rid of a lot of solid supporting pieces. In Philly, you have to move LeBron off the ball (can't move Simmons off the ball), but then they would have no spacing. Teams would play Virginia D against them and they would probably shoot 30% as a team from 3. They would terrorize the glass though. Lakers probably have the best fit, but even if they get Paul George too (not sure he's worth the money on that roster, btw) they're probably still not challenging the Rockets or Warriors. He could stay in Cleveland, but they have no cap space and basically nothing to trade so their only chance of getting better is getting really lucky with the no 8 pick in the draft. It will be interesting to see where LeBron ends up.

If Lebron can’t catch MJ can Durant or anybody else catch Lebron lol Zion? RJ ? Cam?

The Celts have all the pieces/assets, and are timing it just about perfectly, to have a title window that lasts for nearly a decade.
Tatum and Brown are the ideal wing combo.

Reactions: sgrooms
He has said he wouldn't be opposed to it, but most don't think it's a real possibility. They would basically have to blow up this team to make it happen. The most common landing spots I've seen are Houston, Philly, and the Lakers. Houston and Philly both seem like bad fits to me. There are only so many dribbles for Harden, Paul, and James in Houston. Not to mention to get the cap right, they would have to get rid of a lot of solid supporting pieces. In Philly, you have to move LeBron off the ball (can't move Simmons off the ball), but then they would have no spacing. Teams would play Virginia D against them and they would probably shoot 30% as a team from 3. They would terrorize the glass though. Lakers probably have the best fit, but even if they get Paul George too (not sure he's worth the money on that roster, btw) they're probably still not challenging the Rockets or Warriors. He could stay in Cleveland, but they have no cap space and basically nothing to trade so their only chance of getting better is getting really lucky with the no 8 pick in the draft. It will be interesting to see where LeBron ends up.

I hope he doesn't go to the Lakers. Even if they couldn't beat Houston or GS, they'd be relevant. Which means we'd hear a lot more from the Ball family, if that's even possible.

Honestly, the Cleve might be better positioned here than anyone thinks. Korver and Smith have to go, however that can be accomplished. Hood, that draft pick, and some other assets (Nance, maybe), might get Kawhi. And George might take a pay cut to play with an actual team runner that can get him the ball. LBJ, George, and some other of the players on the team might get it done.
LBJ's wife might be a bigger player here than we realize. She loves her hometown, and I think the realization has set in that if Bron leaves again, they can't comeback to Ohio. Event to visit. Planes carrying him/them might have to avoid Ohio airspace.
I just don't see other good landing places.

I hope he doesn't go to the Lakers. Even if they couldn't beat Houston or GS, they'd be relevant. Which means we'd hear a lot more from the Ball family, if that's even possible.

Me thinks that if Bron went to LA, shipping out Ball would be job one. Ball can't play off the ball, so they'd move him. There are plenty of desperate teams that would take ball, even with the attendant media nonsense.
Further, I think his dad has been peen slapped with a dose of bitter reality, and might realize that he needs to STFU. He won't go media silent, but I suspect he'll improve his behavior, noticeably.

Reactions: sgrooms
It's still wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to predict anything Lebron-related. Here are a few things to keep in mind the next month.....
1. Lebron's boys are now of age to where they will have a factor in the decision. I believe his boys are aged 13 and 11??? Apparently all their friends are in Cleveland. There is also the 22 million dollar mansion in LA, do they want to be able to go swimming in January in LA?? The LA move to Lebron also means he wants to become a billion dollar athlete quicker than he would in any other market. His multi-media company will explode.

2. Philly will be hiring a GM. There are some David Griffin (ex Cavs GM) rumors that Philly may be looking at him. Griffin and Lebron have a GREAT relationship, and honestly if Lebron leaves Cleveland, Dan Gilbert being too cheap to pay David Griffin will be a big reason why.

3. Kawhi and PG13 appear to be the other big pieces that Lebron could team up with. He is certainly gonna see what they are doing. Don't rule out Russell Westbrook either, apparently OKC has made some calls about moving him and his mammoth contract.

4. There is starting to be some Celtics buzz. Obviously the Celtics have a treasure chest of young players and assets. Lebron could go there and lead the young guys to multiple titles. Hayward would be traded to the Cavs to make the salaries match.

Last edited:
I think they would move Kyrie if LeBron were to join Boston. Kyrie left Cleveland to stop being LBJ’s Robin.

San Antonio will be a legit player for LeBron because of Popovich and the respect LeBron has for him, arguably the best coach and player ever. That, with who I feel is the best 2 way player in the world (Kawhi) COULD be very fun to see.

San Antonio would be who I'd leave for if I left.... People forget they were thrashing GSW last year in game 1 before they (purposely) injured him.

San Antonio will be a legit player for LeBron because of Popovich and the respect LeBron has for him, arguably the best coach and player ever. That, with who I feel is the best 2 way player in the world (Kawhi) COULD be very fun to see.

San Antonio would be who I'd leave for if I left.... People forget they were thrashing GSW last year in game 1 before they (purposely) injured him.

I might actually root for him if he was in San Antonio. Idk if I like that.

On a side note, just read an interesting article about the LeBron-Curry matchup:
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/6/8/17441998/lebron-james-steph-curry-mismatch-2018-nba-finals

1. Anyone who thinks Lebron is staying with that roster is nuts.

2. Anyone who thinks they can trade away the contracts of JR smith, korver etc is equally nuts.

I don’t know where he will land but it won’t have “land” in the city’s name, that much i know.

I've never understood how some of our Duke fans don't want to see Lebron pass MJ as the GOAT. MJ was once a hole, and will always be a hole. GTHC GTH!!!

I can't fathom how anyone, unless they have been a GS fan since the Chris Mullin days, could possibly root for this GS team. I absolutely love Quinn Cook, but him chilling on the end of the bench in street clothes is not near enough to make me want GS to win.

I can’t remember which site the link was from but I saw it on Facebook. Yeah I think he’d probably want to try to build another super team like he did in Miami too but it could also be one of those “if you can’t beat em join em” scenarios. I guess we’ll find out in the offseason if he decides to leave Cleveland like a lot of people think he will.

QUINN COOK IS NOW AN NBA CHAMPION. He went undrafted, was a very longshot to make it to the NBA, battle through heartbreak and D-LEAGUE.

Now he is an NBA Champion, having started PG for many games for this years Warriors team. He even got to score a garbage time bucket in the NBA Finals. I was just watching the screen and Steph and KD are dapping Q up very hard saying "ENJOY IT Q!"

Our own Quinn Cook SENIOR GRADUTE DUKE CHAMPION Quinn Cook stands on top of the Basketball mountain.

Way to go Quinn!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT