ADVERTISEMENT

More FBI probe activity being talked about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let’s keep it real. Everyone is doing this. I’m sure every big school has played an ineligible player. Coach may not know but it happens at every school. Think about it...Brian Bowen got $100k. How much do you think someone like Zion was offered? Now we know he didn’t turn down money to go to Duke for the Brotherhood. That’s just asinine. He got paid to go to Duke. Might not be from someone directly in the program but it doesn’t matter. If he got paid anything from anybody he’s ineligible. I’m just using him as an example. The good thing about all this is that everyone has this issue and they can’t vacate wins from everyone. Just like this agency did all of this, 20 other ones are doing the same thing across the country. Half of y’all didn’t think Duke had anything to do with this one and there we go. It’s very minor but that was just with this agency. I’m willing to bet anybody that we have a player on our roster that got paid big money before coming to Duke. That’s just the way things work. Let’s not get sensitive on the board
I'll take your bet, if you put an end date on it and money is in an escrow account.

Ok let’s keep it real. Everyone is doing this. I’m sure every big school has played an ineligible player. Coach may not know but it happens at every school. Think about it...Brian Bowen got $100k. How much do you think someone like Zion was offered? Now we know he didn’t turn down money to go to Duke for the Brotherhood. That’s just asinine. He got paid to go to Duke. Might not be from someone directly in the program but it doesn’t matter. If he got paid anything from anybody he’s ineligible. I’m just using him as an example. The good thing about all this is that everyone has this issue and they can’t vacate wins from everyone. Just like this agency did all of this, 20 other ones are doing the same thing across the country. Half of y’all didn’t think Duke had anything to do with this one and there we go. It’s very minor but that was just with this agency. I’m willing to bet anybody that we have a player on our roster that got paid big money before coming to Duke. That’s just the way things work. Let’s not get sensitive on the board

Actually Duke had nothing do with this so far

Reactions: sgrooms
I think he is saying it's just hard to believe that teams didn't offer Zion or Bagley anything. Ayton was given $100K by Arizona - it's hard to believe they offered nothing for Bagley.

I'll take your bet, if you put an end date on it and money is in an escrow account.

So you think not one player on Duke roster has ever taken a lot of money from an agent or shoe company that steered them to a school? You have to wake up. You fell into the Brotherhood motto. These dudes are getting offered money. They aren’t turning down big money just to come play for Coach K at Duke for a year. I don’t care how great he is. The kids aren’t getting in trouble. They take that bag and then head to the NBA. No worries

Reactions: dukefan0492

Wendell was named in the report. His money was minor so they will sweep that under the rug. This is just one agency. Once again it doesn’t matter if the school knows. The school gets penalized regardless.

So you think not one player on Duke roster has ever taken a lot of money from an agent or shoe company that steered them to a school? You have to wake up. You fell into the Brotherhood motto. These dudes are getting offered money. They aren’t turning down big money just to come play for Coach K at Duke for a year. I don’t care how great he is. The kids aren’t getting in trouble. They take that bag and then head to the NBA. No worries

I've been around a lot longer than the Brotherhood motto. And I'm not saying they aren't getting offered.

What does it say about you that you think the worst of every individual? You honestly think that every player is so short sighted that they can't see that they'll make a lot more than what these agents are offering?

If I'm in the purchasing department of a company, I'm getting offered kickbacks every day of the year. My company will fire me if I take that kickback and they find out. Under your assumption, every single person in the world will take that kickback. I understand there are people who take the kickback without thinking twice. I'm not one of those people, and I believe there are other people like me. I believe the Duke program is like me.

I feel sorry for you.

I've been around a lot longer than the Brotherhood motto. And I'm not saying they aren't getting offered.

What does it say about you that you think the worst of every individual? You honestly think that every player is so short sighted that they can't see that they'll make a lot more than what these agents are offering?

If I'm in the purchasing department of a company, I'm getting offered kickbacks every day of the year. My company will fire me if I take that kickback and they find out. Under your assumption, every single person in the world will take that kickback. I understand there are people who take the kickback without thinking twice. I'm not one of those people, and I believe there are other people like me. I believe the Duke program is like me.

I feel sorry for you.

Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. The players aren’t getting in trouble for taking the money. There’s no risk with them taking money. All the risk is with the agency and the school. Not one of these players will be going to jail. So why wouldn’t they take the money? You have to think logically. Name me one player that has received money and ended up in jail behind it. Hell by the time people find out they’re millionaires and don’t even care. This is a money driven world. Unless these dudes come in as millionaires they’re taking money offers. It’s funny that you think a kid and his family will turn down $100k because it’ll get the school in trouble and they’ll have to vacate wins hahahaha. Meanwhile the NBA and NFL will still accept them with open arms. Use your head and not your heart

Let's get it straight. Wendells mom ate dinner his junior year. Duke has 0 connection to that

I said it was minor so it won’t affect anything. Y’all sensitive as hell on here hahahaha. That’s chump change. They won’t even bother worrying about $100. Kentucky don’t have anything to do with Bam getting paid. Bet Kentucky have to vacate those wins though

Anyone watching Walton talk about how disappointed he is with this scandal.Aftet playing for Wooden and getting paid by Sam. Gilbert I find it hilarious that he had the nerve to say that this has never been a part of college basketball

Reactions: hart2chesson
Anyone watching Walton talk about how disappointed he is with this scandal.Aftet playing for Wooden and getting paid by Sam. Gilbert I find it hilarious that he had the nerve to say that this has never been a part of college basketball

Similar to Jason Terry's tweet yesterday.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Wendell was named in the report. His money was minor so they will sweep that under the rug. This is just one agency. Once again it doesn’t matter if the school knows. The school gets penalized regardless.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. The players aren’t getting in trouble for taking the money. There’s no risk with them taking money. All the risk is with the agency and the school. Not one of these players will be going to jail. So why wouldn’t they take the money? You have to think logically. Name me one player that has received money and ended up in jail behind it. Hell by the time people find out they’re millionaires and don’t even care. This is a money driven world. Unless these dudes come in as millionaires they’re taking money offers. It’s funny that you think a kid and his family will turn down $100k because it’ll get the school in trouble and they’ll have to vacate wins hahahaha. Meanwhile the NBA and NFL will still accept them with open arms. Use your head and not your heart
Pretty sure my record on this board shows I'm no pumper, but I'll be shocked if the staff has done anything wrong. And I'll be very surprised if anything comes out about anyone on the team.

Are you a Duke fan? I'm just really surprised to read your cynical comments on a Duke board.

Pretty sure my record on this board shows I'm no pumper, but I'll be shocked if the staff has done anything wrong. And I'll be very surprised if anything comes out about anyone on the team.

Are you a Duke fan? I'm just really surprised to read your cynical comments on a Duke board.

So I can’t be a Duke fan because I say everybody cheats and it’s just the way college sports work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT