ADVERTISEMENT

More FBI probe activity being talked about

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how big this will really get? If it really does impact a bunch of hall of fame coaches and half of the top 16 programs, will they really drop the hammer on everybody?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-players-and-almost-half-of-top-16-seeds/amp/
The FBI could make life suck for these teams for sure. If it were the NCAA, we’re talking vacating a few wins and then back to business as usual. This money machine won’t shoot itself in the foot. The FBI can try and shake things up though. It would be sad if Duke got exposed here. I hope we stayed clean enough to avoid that embarrassment.

Read that. It stated HOF coaches involved. How many coaches still on the bench are in the HOF?

As long as Duke is ok I’m good! I can’t see Coach K and staff taking any chances like that! Just can’t.

Read that. It stated HOF coaches involved. How many coaches still on the bench are in the HOF?

Great question. If the info I found is correct, it is:
Jim Boeheim
John Calipari
Coach K
Roy Williams
Tom Izzo

That's just from one website. I am not sure if this is completely accurate

That's what I thought too. I've looked at two different websites and they do not list him, but I was sure he was

I think the focus will be on the Schools that have recruited insanely well as of late. To be honest Capel would scare me as a Duke fan. Arizona, UK and Kansas could be top targets as well. This could get very interesting.

Reactions: JBsmoove2
Ppl can say no never duke and I don’t think we would....

But I’m also bracing for impact because you never truly know until you truly know. And I’ve never been privy to private meetings with recruits, so i know nuthin either way. We will see.

I just wish they would quit telling us they have some earth shattering info that's going to shake up the college basketball world and just release the daggone info already.......

Unless it means we won't get to see Zion here next year, and in that case.....wait!!

In all seriousness, I will be surprised if Duke is involved, but it remains to be seen.

Reactions: Another#1Dukie
When all of this news broke before the season started, didn’t Duke to a records review or something just to make sure they were fine?

Even if schools like Duke go unnamed, that doesn’t mean we aren’t somehow shuttling money to players. If half the top teams are really involved, I’d guess every school is bending rules somehow. Some are just better at hiding it. The players deserve some cash anyway. This is a silly system.

Reactions: pisgah101
How about this. Let's say the school and coaches are 100% uninvolved, but there are former alumni or just fans with deep pockets giving out thousand dollar hand shakes with no school authorities having any knowledge of that. Is the school liable? Can the coaches or school be penalized for something an outside source is doing?

How about this. Let's say the school and coaches are 100% uninvolved, but there are former alumni or just fans with deep pockets giving out thousand dollar hand shakes with no school authorities having any knowledge of that. Is the school liable? Can the coaches or school be penalized for something an outside source is doing?
Yes. Michigan had that happened to them under the fab five. A booster was giving Webber money on the side. Ultimately led to Steve fisher’s firing. Michigan can’t hang their final four banners from those two years as a result of that situation.

This is a post from the main board discussing this situation.

@Eric Bossi posted this on our homeboard (huge KU fan by the way)

The federal case has been taking a beating. No way to know for sure, but this sounds an awful lot like somebody on the prosecution side leaking some stuff to media outlets in hopes of scaring some people into coming forward. Same as that initial press conference now looks like it was a hail mary.

Could there be that widespread violations? Sure. But there's clearly nothing else criminal or more people would be arrested and until something is public there's no way to know what type/if any NCAA violations are being claimed.

I'm a skeptic by nature and I think the timing of these articles and where they are showing up is kind of dubious

Yes. Michigan had that happened to them under the fab five. A booster was giving Webber money on the side. Ultimately led to Steve fisher’s firing. Michigan can’t hang their final four banners from those two years as a result of that situation.
Were they able to create reasonable doubt as to whether or not the program knew about this transaction?

This is a post from the main board discussing this situation.

@Eric Bossi posted this on our homeboard (huge KU fan by the way)

The federal case has been taking a beating. No way to know for sure, but this sounds an awful lot like somebody on the prosecution side leaking some stuff to media outlets in hopes of scaring some people into coming forward. Same as that initial press conference now looks like it was a hail mary.

Could there be that widespread violations? Sure. But there's clearly nothing else criminal or more people would be arrested and until something is public there's no way to know what type/if any NCAA violations are being claimed.

I'm a skeptic by nature and I think the timing of these articles and where they are showing up is kind of dubious

Interesting observation by Bossi

MSU, UK, KU, and Zona are probably the main culprits. I saw a source with knowledge said "about half of the top 16 teams in the country should be worried about their appearance being vacated"...

I'm going to get killed for saying this but I really do think Capel is shady. K has always been the best coach in CBB and couldn't get pretty much any top 10 recruit he wanted until Capel came. That scares me honestly. I hope i'm wrong but it doesn't just seem like a coincidence to me. K was already team USA coach and what not and wasn't getting every top recruit. But again, I just can't imagine Coach K breaking the rules blatantly.

The updated facilities at Duke with K Center could've also swayed recruits and obviously being mentored by one of the best to ever do it. I do know the players have some benefits but nothing extreme that would result in getting caught in a case like this. I've heard some crazy stories about the Duke players being offered crazy shit from other schools though.

MSU, UK, KU, and Zona are probably the main culprits. I saw a source with knowledge said "about half of the top 16 teams in the country should be worried about their appearance being vacated"...

I'm going to get killed for saying this but I really do think Capel is shady. K has always been the best coach in CBB and couldn't get pretty much any top 10 recruit he wanted until Capel came. That scares me honestly. I hope i'm wrong but it doesn't just seem like a coincidence to me. K was already team USA coach and what not and wasn't getting every top recruit. But again, I just can't imagine Coach K breaking the rules blatantly.

The updated facilities at Duke with K Center could've also swayed recruits and obviously being mentored by one of the best to ever do it. I do know the players have some benefits but nothing extreme that would result in getting caught in a case like this. I've heard some crazy stories about the Duke players being offered crazy shit from other schools though.

Orr maybe capel is just a lot better at recruiting then Wojo and Collins. I'd think he's a lot easier to relate to then them anyway. Didn't we roll up to see a recruit in a limo once before capel? lol I'd be like yea okay Duke if that happened

Reactions: Quavarius
Orr maybe capel is just a lot better at recruiting then Wojo and Collins. I'd think he's a lot easier to relate to then them anyway. Didn't we roll up to see a recruit in a limo once before capel? lol I'd be like yea okay Duke if that happened

Yeah no doubt. I think he has an easier time relating to recruits and also the family atmosphere of Duke is attractive to recruits as well. I just think Capel is shady and wouldn't be completely shocked if Duke is listed when it comes out. He had some baggage at OU I believe.

Reactions: pisgah101
Yeah no doubt. I think he has an easier time relating to recruits and also the family atmosphere of Duke is attractive to recruits as well. I just think Capel is shady and wouldn't be completely shocked if Duke is listed when it comes out. He had some baggage at OU I believe.

I wouldn't be shocked if we're part of it. But I think everyone on some level is crooked in the sport doesn't make it right though. And if we are involved we deserve all the punishment we get

Reactions: JBsmoove2
Don’t see them writing that article the way they did unless they have at least something on us, UK, KU, and UNC. If there isn’t at least some small shot taken at Duke and Kentucky then everyone will yell bullshit. Just a fact. Hope I’m wrong about them having even a spec of dirt on us but think they are going to lsy a couple hammers down. Hopefully we don’t get one.

This is absurd to accuse Capel. You are drinking the Cheaters' Koolaid. I think Capel relates better to young people than Wojo and Collins. I think Scheyer is doing a great job too. Couple that with the GOAT and being rock stars wherever they go, and why shouldn't the best players come to Duke?

I also think Duke alums are too smart to be giving out money to recruits. This isn't the SEC.

That whole thing at OU was a railroad job that had nothing to do with Capel. That was an Assistant Coach. Capel was extremely young and he admitted to not having a clue on some of those issues. Cheating is nothing new in College Hoops. The booster at Michigan was Ed Martin and he was extremely shady. If I had to guess I wound say Izzo, Boeheim, and others are involved with this Probe

This is absurd to accuse Capel. You are drinking the Cheaters' Koolaid. I think Capel relates better to young people than Wojo and Collins. I think Scheyer is doing a great job too. Couple that with the GOAT and being rock stars wherever they go, and why shouldn't the best players come to Duke?

I also think Duke alums are too smart to be giving out money to recruits. This isn't the SEC.

I seriously doubt Duke is handing out money. I don't think a lot of schools do. It's more about benefits and what not which is the issue

Eh, color me nervous. A guy I know is a coach at a pretty big NJ program, and he has been pretty specific about the fact that every college team pays players. He even mentioned a specific Duke player and how much that player got. Keep in mind he isn't a college basketball fan or anything, and doesn't seem to have a particular reason to lie.

I think the focus will be on the Schools that have recruited insanely well as of late. To be honest Capel would scare me as a Duke fan. Arizona, UK and Kansas could be top targets as well. This could get very interesting.
Yea frank Martin is clean as a whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT