ADVERTISEMENT

More FBI probe activity being talked about

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that money skysdad is throwing around at refs and recruits...dang it

That's probably it. Some yoho over at thr that lurks here or even post here may have turned us in. Lot's of suspicious black vehicles with men dressed in suits have been hanging around at my house and following me. Don't know how they knew who I really am. Got me worried. OFC

I agree with what Eric Bossi said. This might be a smokescreen to get other people to come forward. When reading the article, the writer seems to be throwing out assumptions instead of actual evidence.

That's probably it. Some yoho over at thr that lurks here or even post here may have turned us in. Lot's of suspicious black vehicles with men dressed in suits have been hanging around at my house and following me. Don't know how they knew who I really am. Got me worried. OFC
Don’t worry skydad got you covered. Deny everything!

Reactions: skysdad
K hasn’t earned the respect and trust from his very own YET. Smfh

Some of you act like K is “suddenly” magically getting top notch talent. Unless your twelve you should know better. Also the stars at all levels are wanting to join up. Times change. Anybody ASSUMING K is cheating because he’s getting talent, or “know a friend, that knew an uncle, that knew a kid, that knew an agent that knew something” is out of their damn mind!!!!!!

K just doing what K does, WIN, and Win the right way

Reactions: BluePhil
This is absurd to accuse Capel. You are drinking the Cheaters' Koolaid. I think Capel relates better to young people than Wojo and Collins.

Yup. And remember what Tony Parker said about Wojo? "I just can't honestly say that I'm 100 percent comfortable with a guard teaching me about the post. Coach Wojciechowski is like 5-foot-6." I imagine other recruits felt similar to this.

We still landed Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers before Capel arrived. And I would also note that we didn't offer a whole lot of 5-star prospects before Capel. I mean, what 5-star recruits were we targeting in between 2008-2011 that signed elsewhere? Harrison Barnes and Greg Monroe. That's about it.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
People also forget we landed Shaun Livingston before the one and done, and he burned us by going straight to the pros. I think that soured K on the elite talent for a bit, but he's signed several monster classes in the past. the Brand/Battier class, Williams/Boozer/Dunleavy, and the JJ/Landlord class (which was a great one when signed but didn't pan out).

Yup. And remember what Tony Parker said about Wojo? "I just can't honestly say that I'm 100 percent comfortable with a guard teaching me about the post. Coach Wojciechowski is like 5-foot-6." I imagine other recruits felt similar to this.

We still landed Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers before Capel arrived. And I would also note that we didn't offer a whole lot of 5-star prospects before Capel. I mean, what 5-star recruits were we targeting in between 2008-2011 that signed elsewhere? Harrison Barnes and Greg Monroe. That's about it.
07 Patrick Patterson was a big miss, I rode the bench on Patrick Patterson's AAU team, he was never coming to Duke, the fact that he led us on so long was ridiculous.
2009 I know we recruited John Wall, not too sure if he was ever a Duke lean.

Damn they got us! Hami ratted us and Kentucky out. That set for life pitch is the icing on the cake. Coach K has to come up with something less obvious. Like you won’t go hungry as long as you are on campus because of unlimited meal swipes. But real question... is every coach and player included going to be fired or ineligible?

It would be a real shame to be cheating and still not be in the top 25!!!!

It’s pretty obvious they have been real hesitant to cheat during recruiting this year because they can’t beat us for a player when things are on the up and up.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Can also someone confirm one of my earlier posts that Duke did an internal investigation when the news first broke back in September and found nothing indicating Duke was doing anything wrong.

heres the other thing that I think ppl overlook with dukes recent success. obviously k's experience with the olympics has been huge. kids look up to those guys playing in the olympics and want to be in their shoes one day. I equate it to the success unc had for so long with mj being the greatest player to play. kids wanted to be mj and went to unc.
the other thing to look at is the duke brand and how this has been marketed so well. obviously I don't follow other programs like duke, but do other schools do what we do socially? there was a recent article that talked about how duke basketball dominates social media. what is the other thing kids do besides idolize the top players in the league? they're on social media all the time. if you ask me k and duke basketball have found a way to relate to these kids and become cool, when in the past that was not the case.
finally, haters gonna hate

They try to say Cal doesn't have a history of improper benefits and recruiting allegations at Umass and Memphis...

Even most UK fans don’t believe he didn’t cheat at Memphis. I lived in Memphis during Cal’s years there. Guy cheated more there than any previous or post job. He was basically bankrolling all the major AAU teams in West TN and back then, city of Memphis was always loaded with players.

My question for everyone. If Duke is caught up in this will you still root for Duke or jump ship?
For me it is Duke or die. Always has been always will be.

I don’t believe anything they have is ground breaking or hasn’t been happening for awhile in college basketball in some form or another . It’s not like one team is doing this and dominating the sport like bama football

My question for everyone. If Duke is caught up in this will you still root for Duke or jump ship?

Started rooting for Duke when I was about 8 years old. I'm 65. I was a Duke fan way before Coach K came. I was a Duke fan before most of you were born. I have no idea of how old you are but simply because you ask the question you weren't born when I became a Duke fan. I agree with the reply from HeLooks2MuchLikeDave "Is that a serious question? simply because did you really think that one of us would say "no I'm won't be a Duke fan anymore." That's why I think you are a troll and if you are not you're an idiot for asking a question like that. I'm just guessing that you are a MSU fan and if so or even if not would you still be a fan if your school got in trouble? Now with that said isn't that a pretty stupid question for me to ask you? OFC

Last edited:
No it was just something I’d seen on other boards and actually seen people say no. Didn’t mean nothing by it. Sorry for just wondering... and my name has nothing to do with MSU as well.

Last edited:
Look once again sorry I even asked. I had seen on other boards people saying they would (which tells how much of a fan you really are) and was just interested to see what folks on here would say. I’ve deleted the post as well so no one would get offended any longer.

Look once again sorry I even asked. I had seen on other boards people saying they would (which tells how much of a fan you really are) and was just interested to see what folks on here would say. I’ve deleted the post as well so no one would get offended any longer.
Fwiw, it didn’t seem like too crazy a question to me. I would’ve assumed no one here would dump Duke over a pay to play scandal, but I could see a non diehard being put off by it. I’m already assuming most teams give illegal benefits to recruits, so my reaction would be quiet embarrassment followed by an interest in rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT