ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk a little Duke football.

In a recent interview coach Cut said this team greatest strength will be speed.
OFC

That's the name of the game now or least a great big part of it. In all positions it's so important. Getting to the ball, out running a defender, running a ball carrier down and escaping. Speed. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
In a recent interview coach Cut said this team greatest strength will be speed.
OFC

Saw the same read Spike! It will be interesting to see if Wilson gets some wildcat opps at qb like IU game to take advantage of his moves...Rahming is also a dangerous burner on the flanks if he gets loose on a reverse....

OFC

Reactions: spike05rk
Hoping this years addition of Duke football overachieves and that vandalizing team just down 15-501 underachieves. We owe them big time. OFC

As camp gets going hoping we can bring more of the guys over from the old hacked board....I remember Surf, Jobe, Cross and Jeffrey as all regular and very knowledgeable contributors.

Meanwhile I want to commend Sky, Spike and some others for getting this thread going, + the basketball mods for their cooperation....Cut and K are good friends and would appreciate the cooperation as we all band together....
#Devils4Life

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Don't know if you guys saw this, but Duke got a verbal from Quarterback Jack Sears, by far the highest rated QB Cut has gotten. Let's hope he doesn't change his mind later in the process.

Don't know if you guys saw this, but Duke got a verbal from Quarterback Jack Sears, by far the highest rated QB Cut has gotten. Let's hope he doesn't change his mind later in the process.

As Barney told Andy in an early B&W episode, "This is BIG!!!"

OFC

Does anyone know how Sirk is looking so far. OFC

Does anyone know how Sirk is looking so far. OFC
http://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...rills-as-duke-football-opens-fall-camp-monday

When quarterback Thomas Sirk tore his left Achilles tendon in February, nobody could have expected him to be back on the field for the first day of fall practice less than six months later.

But Sirk defied conventional wisdom, participating on a limited basis Monday evening when the Blue Devils opened fall camp. The redshirt senior went through every quarterback drill, including seven-on-seven drills and other passing drills with receivers and defensive backs, but was held out of live action.

Head coach David Cutcliffe and team doctor Hap Zarzour limited his time practicing with the whole team, but Sirk's repetitions Monday represented the next step in a remarkable recovery from a second Achilles injury.

"We’re going to put him on a little bit like a pitch count, not just on throws but just on how much we fatigue him," Cutcliffe said. "I met with [offensive coordinator] Zac Roper this morning and Hap, and we’ve got a good plan in that regard. What we’ll do is just day-to-day, see how he progresses."

After missing the entire 2013 season with a torn right Achilles tendon, Sirk made an even faster recovery the second time around.

Cutcliffe cited Sirk's positive attitude from the beginning of the rehab process as one of the reasons the Glen St. Mary, Fla., native was able to get back on the field so soon.

"I didn’t celebrate the injury, but when Thomas Sirk tore his Achilles, I went in that training room, and I have been inspired more as a person since that day," Cutcliffe said. "I thought I was going to see a totally crumbled youngster. I saw a determined young man with a great spirit and a great attitude, and I walked out of that training room just blown away. I celebrate that every day."

Sirk was not able to participate in spring camp after his injury, allowing redshirt junior Parker Boehme and redshirt freshmen Daniel Jones and Quentin Harris to take more snaps.

But the injured starter was still on the sidelines with the team every day, encouraging and giving advice to his teammates. Sirk will play a similar role in fall practices when he steps aside for many of the team drills.

"Even if he doesn’t do as much in camp, I feel like he is smart with himself and his body to know when to go full go and when to kind of hold himself back," redshirt senior wide receiver Anthony Nash said. "He’s positive, he works with us, he’s with the quarterbacks encouraging them to make great throws, make great reads, and I think when he comes back, he’ll be ready."

If Sirk returns for the season opener against N.C. Central Sept. 3, he will attempt to build on a successful 2015 campaign in which he led Duke to an 8-5 record and a milestone bowl win. Sirk racked up 2,625 passing yards and 16 touchdowns last season and was also the Blue Devils' leading rusher with 803 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground.

It was not all good news for Duke Monday, however.

Freshman wide receiver Scott Bracey—a four-star wide receiver coming out of high school and the Blue Devils' highest-ranked recruit—tweaked his hamstring in the middle of practice and will likely be held out of practice Tuesday, Cutcliffe said. The rest is precautionary so that the injury does not become a lingering concern.

so i just found this thread. i had left a couple of comments on the other football thread where no one was posting.sorry bout that. its been a couple of great weeks for duke in recruiting. looking forward to the season!

so i see where the lb from chicago micah awardiran has committed to yale. one of the 247 cb guys switched his pick earlier today away from duke because he said that micah was ready to commit but that duke was not ready to accept him. guess we are holding out for leonard warner, who would be a HUGE get. who would have thought a few years ago that we would get to the point where we pass on a solid 3 star high academic kid.

Reactions: spike05rk
so does any one know the story on tyran hunt? 6' 6'' 280 lb ot/de kid from va. suddenly pops up on the 247 board as a warmer recruit. never heard anything about him. rivals and scout have him as a 3 star ot but 247 has him as a 3 star ot/de two way kid. great size. could he be the de back up to carney? seems like owen has sec leanings lately. really good offers. va tech, uva, wake, cincy, maryland, syracuse, nc state, unc, pitt, rutgers, ucf and vandy. they also have a vip article where he talks good about duke and the staff.

Last edited:
Coach Cut suspends Boyce (de) and Carter(db) for the first 3 games of the season.

I thought I was going to have to go to DC over Labor Day Weekend, but that changed. Therefore, the Duke game will be on in my house...via my fire stick.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Don't know how good it is but if Sirk can't go Jones is the man. I have heard a lot of positive things about him.

as it has been stated before daniel jones was picked by sports writers and coaches as the charlotte metro area player of the year over several 3 and 4 star qbs. he was a 5'11'' junior who exploded to 6'5'' his senior year after all the camps had happened. he could be an example of an overlooked player. the buzz from those in the program has been very positive but he will have to prove it on the field if he does get the nod.i personally would love to see it happen.

So has something happened to Sirk to cast doubt on his starting ? OFC

unconfirmed rumors out there that thomas has reinjured his achilles. have heard he may be gone for season. if it is true then what a bad break for a great kid.
update john tdd at scout is reporting he has confimed it is an injury but right now it is being labeled as a set back. no official word as to what it is yet.

Last edited:
unconfirmed rumors out there that thomas has reinjured his achilles. have heard he may be gone for season. if it is true then what a bad break for a great kid.
update john tdd at scout is reporting he has confimed it is an injury but right now it is being labeled as a set back. no official word as to what it is yet.

Prayers for Thomas-geez what a warrior....I have complete confidence in DJ though-Boehme too!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT