ADVERTISEMENT

Keels

Our strategy should be to offer Jordan a job in summer of 2022. Play 12-14 minutes a game as team captain and lead this team to a title.

Reactions: christophero
Keels fits a need as we need shooters (if) we have Williams along with Banchero. Maybe add a grad transfer big body and a combo guard. Although with Keels and Roach and Moore it might be difficult to get a good guard grad transfer.

We need 1 more piece. Could be a 10 min a game PG, a combo guard, a forward, or Joey or Coleman stepping up. Keels, Moore, AJ, and Paolo provide a ton of flexibility in case of fouls or 1 injury.

For a one year rental? Rather not.
I was being sarcastic, and it was an apparently too subtle dig at schools that have done that, such as when Kansas hired Danny Manning’s dad - then currently a truck driver - to be an assistant coach.

Reactions: timo0402
I was being sarcastic, and it was an apparently too subtle dig at schools that have done that, such as when Kansas hired Danny Manning’s dad - then currently a truck driver - to be an assistant coach.
I know what you were saying . I was rather hoping Duke wouldn’t take the route like some schools lol.

168916114_4008834722507984_9083087124902303606_n.jpg

Honestly, I don't want Baldwin and 4 freshmen starters. That rarely works. I'd rather blend in Williams.

Right now it looks like:

Williams - C (5)
Banchero - PF (4)
Griffin - SF (3)
Keels - SG (2)
Roach - PG (1)

With Moore, Coleman, and Baker on the bench.

If we added a kid in the 30s-40s who was a 3-4 year player - great.

Not a fan of Baker. He'll have a game or two with a hot hand early, then he'll come into games in February and March and be unable to guard anyone and will go 1-5 from 3.

I really don't want Williams being relegated b/c of the presence of Baldwin. We'll be looking at another transfer next year. Tired of that.

Honestly, I don't want Baldwin and 4 freshmen starters. That rarely works. I'd rather blend in Williams.

Right now it looks like:

Williams - C (5)
Banchero - PF (4)
Griffin - SF (3)
Keels - SG (2)
Roach - PG (1)

With Moore, Coleman, and Baker on the bench.

If we added a kid in the 30s-40s who was a 3-4 year player - great.

Not a fan of Baker. He'll have a game or two with a hot hand early, then he'll come into games in February and March and be unable to guard anyone and will go 1-5 from 3.

I really don't want Williams being relegated b/c of the presence of Baldwin. We'll be looking at another transfer next year. Tired of that.

Would you rather have Gurley then?

Well, that sucks. He seems like a guy we would've had for a couple of years. Wonder if we get Baldwin if we have no chance with Gurley?

We’ve all heard that Baldwin is likely going to play for his dad. My question is if he’s for sure going to UWM then what is he waiting on to announce. I get why he would want to wait and see if Williams and/or Hurt stay, but there is no one on the UWM team that’s going to take minutes from Baldwin. Same thing with Northwestern.

If he’s really a lock to UWM, why hasn’t he announced?? I wouldn’t count Duke or potentially UK out here.

We’ve all heard that Baldwin is likely going to play for his dad. My question is if he’s for sure going to UWM then what is he waiting on to announce. I get why he would want to wait and see if Williams and/or Hurt stay, but there is no one on the UWM team that’s going to take minutes from Baldwin. Same thing with Northwestern.

If he’s really a lock to UWM, why hasn’t he announced?? I wouldn’t count Duke or potentially UK out here.

I get that line of thinking. If it's a foregone conclusion that it's UWM, then why hasn't he committed already? If you listen to the DBR interview with Paolo he makes it sound like Mark is coming back.

We are one Baldwin away from a superclass. I'd love a transfer, but that might be tough with our starting 5 set if Williams returns.

Well, that sucks. He seems like a guy we would've had for a couple of years. Wonder if we get Baldwin if we have no chance with Gurley?
In the interest of full disclosure—and no offense to Timo—but on March 15, Timo posted that Keels was going to pick Villanova over Duke.

In the interest of full disclosure—and no offense to Timo—but on March 15, Timo posted that Keels was going to pick Villanova over Duke.
That’s correct, i was wrong there, bought into the nova hype and was hearing that. Then right before his announcement it was confirmed for Duke. I’d love to be wrong again here re: Baldwin.

If we go for/get a guy who is more than a role player, it needs to be a guy and a team that wants to win a title and play with each other. Like Nembhard and Gonzaga. Nembhard could have started for a ton of teams. He chose a school where he was not going to start. Gonzaga's team wanted their coach to go get him, even if it was going to cost several guys, including starters, some minutes. Both transfer and team chose winning over minutes. Team glory over personal glory. They wound up one game away from legend.

If we go for/get a guy who is more than a role player, it needs to be a guy and a team that wants to win a title and play with each other. Like Nembhard and Gonzaga. Nembhard could have started for a ton of teams. He chose a school where he was not going to start. Gonzaga's team wanted their coach to go get him, even if it was going to cost several guys, including starters, some minutes. Both transfer and team chose winning over minutes. Team glory over personal glory. They wound up one game away from legend.
Nembhard started half of Gonzaga’s games and averaged 30 minutes per game.

You guys are kidding yourselves on next year if Duke does not get another pg. Roach cannot do it by himself. We need PG help Big Time!!!!

Could he make the jump though? Moore looked good at the 1 near the end of the year. What transfers are left that could fill the hole? What about TyTy Washington?

Reactions: christophero
That’s correct, i was wrong there, bought into the nova hype and was hearing that. Then right before his announcement it was confirmed for Duke. I’d love to be wrong again here re: Baldwin.
Anyone who misses on a recruits decision should be draw and quartered.Rut Row just remembered that I said Zion was going to Clemson the day before he committed.

Reactions: timo0402
Anyone who misses on a recruits decision should be draw and quartered.Rut Row just remembered that I said Zion was going to Clemson the day before he committed.
Zion didn’t go to Clemson? Where did he end up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT