ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Blakes

Hurt stays, Williams may go in my opinion. Also IMO, I'd rather have Williams because we already have Banchero at the 4.

Nothing against Hurt, he gave us a heroic season, but I'm ready to move on.

Hurt stays, Williams may go in my opinion. Also IMO, I'd rather have Williams because we already have Banchero at the 4.

Nothing against Hurt, he gave us a heroic season, but I'm ready to move on.
Man we really need Williams back. I think Williams stays and Hurt goes. Banchero has already laughed at being called a 5, so if he's our starting 5 he may not be thrilled with that. I don't think he'll mind spot minutes at the 5. Hurt back and Williams gone wouldn't be the worst thing ever; but I'd rather the opposite. If we lose both...ugh. (I just thought of something; maybe Baldwin is waiting on Williams as well as Hurt. Know he's not a 5 but a spot would open.)

Last edited:
I am a little more optimistic if we get Blakes, no more losses, and we stay healthy. I say top 10. Top 5 if Roach makes at least a moderate jump.

Last edited:
i really think and I could be proven wrong, but Williams and his family value the degree and experience more so than the jump to NBA....we will see

Reactions: christophero
Hopefully he doesn't value education like Luol Deng.
(I kid I know of all the good Deng did)

Reactions: Liftee
Of course anyone could come back. If he or anyone else values school, enjoys school, and is good in school, staying is a much more reasonable option. This plus the possibility/likeliness of significantly improving draft position by staying make staying a very reasonable option.
It is pretty clear that Mark can drastically improve his draft stock with another year in college. To me, if he enjoys school, staying is a no brainer.

we will need a 10th for practice. Hopefully Worthington will be able to contribute in practice. We need 10 scholarship guys to help the young guys in practice. If everyone but hurt comes back we have enough I agree. One more transfer in would be nice, but having the bench guys return is priority one right now. I do find it curious that Baldwin has waited so long.
There are still two walk ons. So what is the selling point to any transfer ? I’m lost at the moment . There are probably atleast 150 transfers in the portal and not one offer out to any. I have a thought. They all want to either start, starter minutes and expanded roles. From the five to the three it’s hard to sale they will get minutes. This was before Hurt even announced his intentions (most already counted him gone). Two left to leave would be Baker or Coleman. You add another front court player how do you talk either into staying? Especially Coleman who seems to still be on the fence about coming back .
K’s is not going ten deep with a full regular or normal season. If next season is back to normal. I say get Blake and leave it at that.

Who says Coleman is on the fence about staying? That is not good news. We are going to really need him in years 3 and 4.
That puts the staff in a very tricky position. If we dont add a forward, then if Coleman cant guarantee us at least 10 good minutes a game at the 4/5 we are super thin, even if we get Blakes. If Mark, Paolo or AJ get hurt we would be totally screwed.

It would be nice to have either Hurt or Baldwin next season. I'm guessing we get neither, but you never know. If we get one of these guys then we are legit top 10. Otherwise we are possible top 10 but more likely top 10-20 imo. Which would still be a huge improvement. Getting one of those guys would solve a lot of problems and give us more depth and less question marks. Esp. Hurt; due to his experience. But Baldwin would be a nice piece as well.

Now we wait to see if Baldwin truly was waiting on Hurt.

There are still two walk ons. So what is the selling point to any transfer ? I’m lost at the moment . There are probably atleast 150 transfers in the portal and not one offer out to any. I have a thought. They all want to either start, starter minutes and expanded roles. From the five to the three it’s hard to sale they will get minutes. This was before Hurt even announced his intentions (most already counted him gone). Two left to leave would be Baker or Coleman. You add another front court player how do you talk either into staying? Especially Coleman who seems to still be on the fence about coming back .
K’s is not going ten deep with a full regular or normal season. If next season is back to normal. I say get Blake and leave it at that.

Are you hearing that about Coleman?? I've yet to see anything about it either way.

Are you hearing that about Coleman?? I've yet to see anything about it either way.
It was debated at the beginning of the year in the transfer thread. That’s all but I do believe with his lack of playing time , bringing in Paolo and another skilled big would put Coleman odd man out. If Brakefield left and he got way more minutes then Coleman anything is possible.

Baldwin coming would also reduce Coleman's minutes. But he has a role if he wants one.

There is some buzz on DBR about Theo John from Marquette. 6-9, 255 bruiser senior. Averaged 8 and 5 and would be the perfect backup center. He appears to be a very good defender in the video I watched. This guy has a man's body and power game. Did have some knee issues this past year but still played. If we're looking for interior toughness and experience this guy fits the bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
There is some buzz on DBR about Theo John from Marquette. 6-9, 255 bruiser senior. Averaged 8 and 5 and would be the perfect backup center. He appears to be a very good defender in the video I watched. This guy has a man's body and power game. Did have some knee issues this past year but still played. If we're looking for interior toughness and experience this guy fits the bill.

He's a banger. I'd love to get him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT