ADVERTISEMENT

"Insiders" whats up with Grayson?

I'm no insider, but I always felt like Luke and Grayson were waiting to get feedback from NBA execs on their draft stock before declaring. Tatum and Giles were going regardless, which is why their announcements came sooner. If Luke has received the (obviously positive) feedback he was waiting on, I'm guessing Grayson did as well and his decision will come soon. That said, for some reason my gut tells me Grayson will be back.

I'm no insider, but I always felt like Luke and Grayson were waiting to get feedback from NBA execs on their draft stock before declaring. Tatum and Giles were going regardless, which is why their announcements came sooner. If Luke has received the (obviously positive) feedback he was waiting on, I'm guessing Grayson did as well and his decision will come soon. That said, for some reason my gut tells me Grayson will be back.

Hope you are right Sparty!!

OFC

Luke right now is projected top 25, last I seen Grayson was 40th, so unless he just wants to risk it or go overseas, I think he will come back

Really good sources are telling me, Grayson comes back, Duke is given a very easy road to another title, and then we see Grayson's number hanging in Cameron for all of us to tell our children and grandchildren how this young man overcame so much adversity to become one of the greatest Devils of all time. At least that what my sources are telling me.

My inside sources tell me to have a healthy dose of skepticism regarding anyone here who ever has inside sources.

Reactions: dbav and jcdevilfan
Really good sources are telling me, Grayson comes back, Duke is given a very easy road to another title, and then we see Grayson's number hanging in Cameron for all of us to tell our children and grandchildren how this young man overcame so much adversity to become one of the greatest Devils of all time. At least that what my sources are telling me.

I'm not sure he will get his jersey retired. He has never been a 1st All American or POY. I don't see him doing that if he comes back here. He doesn't have the resume

But to get your real evaluation you need to declare and go to the combine. You can improve your stock that way. If you don't like that, come back. I think Grayson coming back is a bad idea for him actually. The longer he stays the less money he makes.

But to get your real evaluation you need to declare and go to the combine. You can improve your stock that way. If you don't like that, come back. I think Grayson coming back is a bad idea for him actually. The longer he stays the less money he makes.

I think coming back is a terrific option. I think he gets his captainship back as a senior, stays on even keel and has a special year. Of course I am prejudiced because I love the kid! Hope Goodman is right! OFC

That's not true actually. if he returns and has no issues he's a for sure first rounder. He needs to return to freshman/Sophmore Grayson and forget about this year.
Besides after the lottery it's really just a negotiation process between the team and player and there is no way to know exactly what he will make if he goes this year or next.

Reactions: hart2chesson

One of the advantages of being at a Duke is better resources than, say, a kid at Auburn. And by resources I mean Coach K and NBA people. It probably makes sense for Grayson to go the route you're saying, but it's not as if he can't get proper feedback without it.

Reactions: sheyduke
You also have to get an invite to the columbine. The columbine both helps and hurts players.
A lot of lottery and first round picks in the last couple of years don't actually go for that reason.

I have no inside info whatsoever. I don't even have any outside information. :eek:

But my gut tells me he comes back. I think he has earned the trust of K and is made a senior captain. He will shake off a turbid Junior year. I desperately hope we get Duval (or another distributor point guard) and allow Grayson to play the 2, make his share of open threes, and attack the rim. He will average 16-18 points a game and be drafted in the late first round 2018.

Just my hunch though.....

Alan

If he's smart, he will return for hiis sr year he needs to retirn and rebuild his image to show the scouts to prove he can handle himself professionallywhile he's on the court. Hindsight is 20/20 but he probably should of left after his sophomore year.

If he's smart, he will return for hiis sr year he needs to retirn and rebuild his image to show the scouts to prove he can handle himself professionallywhile he's on the court. Hindsight is 20/20 but he probably should of left after his sophomore year.
Grayson will finish a degree - from Duke - in 3 years - on top of his basketball stuff.
He is plenty smart.

Grayson will finish a degree - from Duke - in 3 years - on top of his basketball stuff.
He is plenty smart.
I'm not saying he's not all I'm saying is he needs to use this yr to build back up his image. After his latest incident against Elon he took a ton of heat from the media. He needs to let his game do the talking this yr

Well, I have "0" inside information, and even less than that outside information :), but after giving it a lot of thought, I really hope that Grayson comes back, with Duval as his PG, and he just goes back to being the old Grayson, let is all hang out and attack the basket! Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that big Grayson smile again, which means he is loose and enjoying basketball again.
This young man deserves to end his career at the school he loves on a "high note", with redemption and hopefully a 2nd NT!!! Everything else will take care of itself. No matter what his decision is, I would support him 120% and wish him the best.
Go Duke!
OFC

You also have to get an invite to the columbine. The columbine both helps and hurts players.
A lot of lottery and first round picks in the last couple of years don't actually go for that reason.

Needs to stay away from "columbine." Getting feedback from the combine is an option but think he just stays.

Reactions: dukedevilz
If he was smart he needs to enter without an agent and go to the combine. If he doesn't like his projection then come back. He has nothing to lose by testing the waters

I believe next year's draft will be weaker and Grayson should go higher if he stays another year.
It would also help answer the critics and skeptics who have questioned his ability to play clean and maintain his composure when things go against him.
He has joined Christian Laettner and JJ Redick in the pantheon of Duke villains. He can use it as fuel to prove that he can overcome all the hyperbole of hate and criticism.

2bdc1007479d00acabc6c74a35899ddd_ill-be-back-arnold-ill-be-back-meme_400-400.jpeg

LOL sources tell me that one cannot be too bold in making a prediction or else face the wrath of attack!

Hope Grayson comes back. They could use a leader, that is for sure.

I've said it since the minute we lost the tourney...Grayson is coming back to have that Senior year of Redemption and hang in the rafters. He is one of the rare ones that still places that higher than leaving early...It's all gonna work out perfectly for his in the end, perhaps with another Title and AA season to put his name firmly in the rafters of Cameron.

It's about time another jersey of a hated white Duke villain hangs.

I've said it since the minute we lost the tourney...Grayson is coming back to have that Senior year of Redemption and hang in the rafters. He is one of the rare ones that still places that higher than leaving early...It's all gonna work out perfectly for his in the end, perhaps with another Title and AA season to put his name firmly in the rafters of Cameron.

It's about time another jersey of a hated white Duke villain hangs.

I just can't see him in the rafters. I don't think he has done enough. I don't see him as the best player on the team next year. Plus he's never been a first team all American. Maybe he can though

Reactions: tripleb71
Player of the year isn't out the question should he return and it's a possibility for another ring.
How many points does he have and is he close to any of the past Duke greats in any fashion?

Player of the year isn't out the question should he return and it's a possibility for another ring.
How many points does he have and is he close to any of the past Duke greats in any fashion?

Good observations and questions!
OFC

If he was smart he needs to enter without an agent and go to the combine. If he doesn't like his projection then come back. He has nothing to lose by testing the waters

Grayson is quite smart, consistently All ACC Academic

OFC

He is a mid second round pick so he will most likely be back. He should have went pro last year. His stock plummeted due to injury and his tripping issue. Not sure a Senior Allen would be better than a sophomore Frank Jackson.

He is a mid second round pick so he will most likely be back. He should have went pro last year. His stock plummeted due to injury and his tripping issue. Not sure a Senior Allen would be better than a sophomore Frank Jackson.
Might be a little better then a Trent

He has scored 1424 points and could possibly reach 2000 points if he were to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT