ADVERTISEMENT

I Re-Watch the COMEBACK multiple times a week

I've ony watched this 20 times or so. Another HUGE play was next possession when Quinn drives & misses but who gets the offensive rebound - AMILE! Ball goes to Grayson for drive & one.

I actually watched the entire game again last night for the first time since it was live. The ebbs and flows, back and forth....I was nervous the whole time knowing what was going to ultimately happen. I remembered fast why I was such a nervous wreck during that game.

I'm hoping to watch the game for the 1st time tonight since getting back from Indy 2 weeks ago. Curious to see the commentary vs the live experience of the game.

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
I also just watched the entire game replay yesterday. It was a great game. A few things stuck out more clearly this time then when I watched the first time. Obviously Allen was HUGE in the second half. By far IMHO the biggest play he made was the dive on the side line to make the steal and take the foul getting us the ball back. Secondly I cannot believe how much Bo cried about the calls in the second half. He was so worried about the calls, that during timeouts, when Wisc was teetering and his team needed his guidance and direction most he was too busy giving the refs the hairy eyeball from the bench. And lastly, Kaminski is a heck of a player and by all counts seems to be a real good kid. I sincerely wish him the best at the next level. But I was shocked by how many times in the second half he backed his smaller defender down into the paint only to kick out instead of taking it to the basket. I know there was some good defense being played by Amile and others, but as NPOY he didn't get it done.......and our guys did!

I actually watched the entire game again last night for the first time since it was live. The ebbs and flows, back and forth....I was nervous the whole time knowing what was going to ultimately happen. I remembered fast why I was such a nervous wreck during that game.

I was nervous while re-watching too. My favorite stretch of the game is still when Grayson hits the three and then forces the turnover and foul on the next play. Total momentum changer, and really the first sign of life from our team in the second half.

I also just watched the entire game replay yesterday. It was a great game. A few things stuck out more clearly this time then when I watched the first time. Obviously Allen was HUGE in the second half. By far IMHO the biggest play he made was the dive on the side line to make the steal and take the foul getting us the ball back. Secondly I cannot believe how much Bo cried about the calls in the second half. He was so worried about the calls, that during timeouts, when Wisc was teetering and his team needed his guidance and direction most he was too busy giving the refs the hairy eyeball from the bench. And lastly, Kaminski is a heck of a player and by all counts seems to be a real good kid. I sincerely wish him the best at the next level. But I was shocked by how many times in the second half he backed his smaller defender down into the paint only to kick out instead of taking it to the basket. I know there was some good defense being played by Amile and others, but as NPOY he didn't get it done.......and our guys did!

The first time rewatched, that is what stuck out to me as well. He was overly concerned with getting bailed out by calls, and getting frustrated, and that without question bled to his players. Even after really really obvious fouls, they were throwing their hands up or looking dejectedly at the ground. Meanwhile Duke's focus was on making plays. As a result, one gym will have a new banner.

I took the week of the Championship game off of work because it was my girlfriend's spring break (she's a guidance counselor). Last week was my first week back and I put it on in the background at work every day, haha.

Crazy thing is that this thread could have been about several games this year. We were down double digits to UVA with under 10 to play. The game against SJU and the first against UNC required comebacks. The championship game was very similar to the game up in Madison. This team just had that it factor. They didn't panic, they didn't quit, and they just made clutch plays time and time again.

Anybody know if or when the replay will air? Yeah I know I'm kicking myself for forgetting to record it! I was too hype for the game lol

Yeah this is really pathetic but I guess I'll admit it...besides tearing up at the actual game, I teared up, again, two weeks later watching it because I was emotional all over!!!

I've watched every game of the tournament at least three times and have watch the NC and the Elite 8 game probably 15-20 times each. Basically I go to bed with it every night still lol....

Reactions: Laettner
I'm hoping to watch the game for the 1st time tonight since getting back from Indy 2 weeks ago. Curious to see the commentary vs the live experience of the game.
HOW???? HOW????? How have you not watched this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's seriously the first thing I did after returning from Indy haha

how bout when dukan almost decapitated grayson and looked dumbfounded when he was whistled for the foul,,,lol

I have watched it 3 times. I can't get enough of it.

The thing that was interesting to me was how similar the game was compared to the earlier Wisconsin game in December. It was really our guards that made the difference. And Jah spent a lot of time on the bench too.

Where are y'all watching it at? DVR or is there a certain place? I'd like to watch again

how bout when dukan almost decapitated grayson and looked dumbfounded when he was whistled for the foul,,,lol
Ryan's whining at the refs clearly got into his players heads and this play was the one which stuck out most to me. Ryan stopped coaching & just yelled at refs during timeouts. Inexperience in a title game I guess.

Pigsah.....one of the CBS alternate channels replayed the game about five or six times in the week following. Not sure if they are anymore though.

Ryan's whining at the refs clearly got into his players heads and this play was the one which stuck out most to me. Ryan stopped coaching & just yelled at refs during timeouts. Inexperience in a title game I guess.
I agree and if you listen to how both players and coach were complaining about fouls post-game, its pretty clear to me that that was what they were hearing on the sidelines from Bo down the stretch, not coaching and leadership.

HOW???? HOW????? How have you not watched this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's seriously the first thing I did after returning from Indy haha

I know man! I watched the last 5 minutes of it a few days ago. But my business along with my day job has kept me way too busy! Lol l need to get my priorities straight!

Reactions: Laettner
Yeah this is really pathetic but I guess I'll admit it...besides tearing up at the actual game, I teared up, again, two weeks later watching it because I was emotional all over!!!

I've watched every game of the tournament at least three times and have watch the NC and the Elite 8 game probably 15-20 times each. Basically I go to bed with it every night still lol....
We have same TV viewing habits past few weeks.

I'm actually watching in online right now.

I can't watch it without getting excited, no way I could sit through it at work. Still on cloud 9... I love this program.

I watched a few minutes to the end last night and I still can feel my heart pounding and muscles tensioning up, and just a bit of a tear.

I remember sitting on my couch and texted a friend hat if Duke could cut the lead to 2-3 with 10 minutes left that they would win it all.

Grayson nails the three then turns all "Beast Mode" going after that loose ball. I knew then the game was ours. I am still soaring from this win. These kids deserved it. They believed and won!!!!

Is it wrong that I've re-watched the ending of the Wisky/UK game as well, multiple times? Watching Cal flail on the sidelines, and the Harrison's pout, is darn near priceless....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT