ADVERTISEMENT

I don't know why things like this bother me so much.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I listen to sports radio talk shows while I'm driving and one show seems to irritate me a lot. It is called "The Drive" and I listen to it on 104.5 F.M here in the Piedmont area of N.C. The main host claims he is not pro unc cheater u but I beg to differ. His co-host admits to being a cheater fan though. These guys to me are always knocking Duke and Coach K while praising the cheaters. Today they decided to do a take off on college players being paid for their likeness and endorsements. The 1st one I heard was a shot at NCSU's Dennis Smith and his issues. Then they ask for call ins. The 1st guy who was obviously a cheater fan did take off on Zion with the caller being Zion endorsing a weight loss product. The 2nd also a cheater fan did one on RJ Barrett endorsing a hair color product and the host added Coach K could be a part of it. These are the only three I heard. There were more I'm sure and may have used athletes at other schools including unc cheater u. I never could get the phone number to call in. I wanted to call in and say "This is pj hairston. Need a luxury rental car at a great price. Call me or Fats at 222-222-2222. We also have great prices on hand guns and other weapons." Guys am I over reacting here? Does anyone else listen to the drive and do you get the same vibs. The main host is constantly praising mack brown saying mack brown should be ACC coach of the year over Satterfield at Louisville . Louisville was picked to come in last in their conference division. It really doesn't matter though. I listen to it mainly because I just don't like to change stations. OFC

Uhhh....yes he's more pro tarheel than anyone other team. His partner a big unc fan. When Duke destroyed Kentucky last year, the next show was comparing unc to Duke and what it was going to take for unc to beat them. It can be a tough show to listen to as a Duke fan.

Reactions: skysdad
Uhhh....yes he's more pro tarheel than anyone other team. His partner a big unc fan. When Duke destroyed Kentucky last year, the next show was comparing unc to Duke and what it was going to take for unc to beat them. It can be a tough show to listen to as a Duke fan.

So it's not just my imagination. OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
I listen to sports radio talk shows while I'm driving and one show seems to irritate me a lot. It is called "The Drive" and I listen to it on 104.5 F.M here in the Piedmont area of N.C. The main host claims he is not pro unc cheater u but I beg to differ. His co-host admits to being a cheater fan though. These guys to me are always knocking Duke and Coach K while praising the cheaters. Today they decided to do a take off on college players being paid for their likeness and endorsements. The 1st one I heard was a shot at NCSU's Dennis Smith and his issues. Then they ask for call ins. The 1st guy who was obviously a cheater fan did take off on Zion with the caller being Zion endorsing a weight loss product. The 2nd also a cheater fan did one on RJ Barrett endorsing a hair color product and the host added Coach K could be a part of it. These are the only three I heard. There were more I'm sure and may have used athletes at other schools including unc cheater u. I never could get the phone number to call in. I wanted to call in and say "This is pj hairston. Need a luxury rental car at a great price. Call me or Fats at 222-222-2222. We also have great prices on hand guns and other weapons." Guys am I over reacting here? Does anyone else listen to the drive and do you get the same vibs. The main host is constantly praising mack brown saying mack brown should be ACC coach of the year over Satterfield at Louisville . Louisville was picked to come in last in their conference division. It really doesn't matter though. I listen to it mainly because I just don't like to change stations. OFC

Living in NC, Sky, you know this is par for the course. The University of North Carolina casts a long shadow in this state, and not much sunlight filters through to us Duke fans.

OFC

Clay Travis is on the same channel in the AM. I really like him. He calls it like it is. Just this morning he commented about Earl Campbell’s comments about the Texas Longhorns can’t win with a white quarterback, they need a black QB. And just like Clay said. Crickets in the media. Let that comment be made by a white Hall of Fame player in reverse and the shit would hit the media fan.

Clay Travis is on the same channel in the AM. I really like him. He calls it like it is. Just this morning he commented about Earl Campbell’s comments about the Texas Longhorns can’t win with a white quarterback, they need a black QB. And just like Clay said. Crickets in the media. Let that comment be made by a white Hall of Fame player in reverse and the shit would hit the media fan.

I like Clay Travis. The ones on The Drive should not be on. There has to be better host, but it is unc cheater u country. I'm a minority. Most listeners are unc cheater u fans and love them. They are horrible. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124

The main host is Josh Graham. OFC

Stephen A has everybody beat! I’d punch him in the mouth and go to jail with a smile on my face given the chance.

I agree 100 per cent Ipsy. I can't stand to watch or listen to him. His ego and arrogance is bigger than most of the mega pro athletes but he get reactions. OFC

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Sky, I quit listening to sports talk about 3 or 4 years ago. Don’t miss it at all. No need to listen to something that upsets you.

Reactions: skysdad
I listen to the drive sometimes on 101.5. Josh Graham is an ECU graduate but a lot of people accuse him of being a Duke fan. He says that K unlike some other coaches let's the media talk with the players after games similar to NBA players. I really disagreed with him the last few weeks on his praise of Cam Newton. I've never thought he was an elite passer or manager of the game like Brady or Rodgers

I listen to the drive sometimes on 101.5. Josh Graham is an ECU graduate but a lot of people accuse him of being a Duke fan. He says that K unlike some other coaches let's the media talk with the players after games similar to NBA players. I really disagreed with him the last few weeks on his praise of Cam Newton. I've never thought he was an elite passer or manager of the game like Brady or Rodgers

He's no Duke fan. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT