ADVERTISEMENT

General recruiting info

Foster isn’t staying in 2023. Duke could have Blake’s, Schutt and possibly a sophomore Foster in 2023. Duke also still has a couple more 2023 guards they are after and there is always the transfer portal.
Duke will be fine with guards

Guards with size and experience are key. Moore and Keels have gotten me very spoiled. The BIGs should also have experience, at least two should.

Reactions: sheyduke
Guards with size and experience are key. Moore and Keels have gotten me very spoiled. The BIGs should also have experience, at least two should.
I think that’s why Reeves is red shirting and will contribute a little his sophomore year. I was wondering, does anyone know if the seven foot walk on is redshirting or was he just a glorified walk on( meaning he played Euroball so they let him sit on the bench.)

It's odd to me that folks are concerned about the C/F positions. We are fortunate to have those!

The biggest challenge on this Duke team and it has been a struggle for them over the past decade, the Jones' brothers not withstanding, is the guard position. We are uber weak at both shooting and point and there are no combo guards. Even the Jones' had their struggles with shooting. The last consistently good outside shooter Duke had was Luke Kennard in 2017 (even though we had Grayson on that team and the next yr, his outside shooting faded to inconsistency his last two years compared to his sophomore and freshman).

Guards are crucial to NCAA tournament runs (Just ask Gonzaga and Baylor and we could go down the years). We have no pure 3 point shooting guards nor a quality PG. And the defense is lacking there as well. Jeremy Roach would be fortunate to get 8 minutes a game, let alone 8 Pts, on a team like Baylor or the Zags last year.

Caleb Foster is a huge get for 2023 and the best thing would be for our big men and recruits this year to get some strong NIL deals, remain in school, and have those sophomores stronger ready to go when Foster comes in.

If they stay, 2023 could be the best chance Duke has at a run to the NCAAs in several years.

But we also have to have some guys at the guard position stay and develop if we really want to be competitive. That means some recruits in the 50-100 range who are committed to an education and have confidence their turn will come. Hopefully Scheyer recognizes that.

Nailed it...i never understood why we didnt have a great playmaking point guard every year since it has been key to our championship teams....and to other schools too. By that i mean one who can handle the ball, create when things dont run right and is consistent from 3 to spread the court. We have had a lot of losses in the last few years to teams with good not great guards who have exposed us in this position. Being such a blue blood program, its strange we havent been strong in the PG position outside the Jones Brothers

This means one of two things , Foster reclass ( which I think is very possible ) or he comes in 2022 as he is also a reclass possibility. He is also set on attending college .

This means one of two things , Foster reclass ( which I think is very possible ) or he comes in 2022 as he is also a reclass possibility. He is also set on attending college .

Read on another board Foster's dad strongly prefers him to stay in the '23 class, so a reclass is unlikely.

Enter Proctor, who likely will reclass.

Read on another board Foster's dad strongly prefers him to stay in the '23 class, so a reclass is unlikely.

I read on another article they are simply waiting for his high school coach to say if he’s retiring or staying another year before the decision is announced.

That could be a nice get.

We need someone to distribute but also to be able to shoot the college 3 consistently so as to keep the D from collapsing.

Duke just offered T.J Power. Evidently, he has really caught some attention. I hope that I put this in the right thread.
It's good information and I found it so thank you. He looks like a terrific prospect. He also looks like a multi year player despite what christophero says in response. UNC and just about every other program offered in the last week

He has already declared and hired an agent.
I don''t even know who he is ha
I've known for 22 hours now. He looks really good. Lots of 40 point games at recent major tournaments. He's plenty fast, but not a gazelle so maybe he's not on the fast track for the NBA. Also, he's being recruited for baseball and says that he wants to play both sports in college. Appears to be 6'8" and pretty solid 220

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT