ADVERTISEMENT

Final four picks

Duke
Arizona
Auburn
Baylor

yeah that’s right I said sweet 16 for this Duke team but I have never picked against us in the field .
No one showing any love for Duke making it out the first round.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I don't think I've seen one person in the media pick Duke for the final four. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but people seem pretty down on us, and we are a popular upset pick.
That’s because we have a reputation of limping into the tournament, not playing well. The last 2 weeks we’ve been exposed defensively, and our offense isn’t smooth.

It could change for the better, but I’m not optimistic. That would require everyone, from K down, to be better.

No one expected UCLA to make the run they did last year. So it can happen.

Having run through the brackets a couple of times I think this one is going to be wild...lots of match ups where the higher seeds are legitimately better than lower seeds. I dont expect our bracket to go as planned so its the cliche one game at a time mentality that will be needed

Duke
Arizona
Auburn
Baylor

yeah that’s right I said sweet 16 for this Duke team but I have never picked against us in the field .
No one showing any love for Duke making it out the first round.
If we get lucky and have Michigan State take out Davidson in the 1st round then I like our bracket. Think that we match up fine with Texas Tech. The game that would worry me the most would be versus Davidson in the round of 32 in Greenville.

If we get lucky and have Michigan State take out Davidson in the 1st round then I like our bracket. Think that we match up fine with Texas Tech. The game that would worry me the most would be versus Davidson in the round of 32 in Greenville.
Yep

Reactions: JimboSlice00
5 first round picks and we are afraid of playing Davidson..
Say what you want. I live about an hour from the Davidson campus. Seen them play several times this year. Not afraid of them but this team is legit. They beat Alabama this year. They will rain threes and absolutely give us fits.

That runs screens and a set offensive game plan .
Yes. Not attempting to kick any dog that is down, but "play basketball," "execute," "play like upper classmen" are the adjustments that we make, but nothing of substance. We don't have many if any moving parts in our offense. Bury two guys in the corner and then play 3 v 3 iso ball with guards and Banchero that dont beat anyone...not a good recipe.

Not ready to give up. If we solve the pick and roll problem, we'll be all right. We can score on anyone, just can't trade 2s for 3s.

Reactions: sheyduke
Not ready to give up. If we solve the pick and roll problem, we'll be all right. We can score on anyone, just can't trade 2s for 3s.
Oh for sure. Not giving up. Just pointing out what I think most of us see. I still think we can be the best defensive team in the country...we were amazing at the beg of the year, that has really dropped off, obviously.

Oh for sure. Not giving up. Just pointing out what I think most of us see. I still think we can be the best defensive team in the country...we were amazing at the beg of the year, that has really dropped off, obviously.
Duke isn’t going to be the best defensive team in the country. The time to be that is gone . With that said, if they can get back to turning teams over and stopping shots and get back to moving the ball on offense before a player dribbles into a double team or jacks up a three . They can be a good team in the tourney.

I want every poster to please not put much stock into a blow out of Cal Fullerton if it happens . A blow out of Davidson or Michigan St would say which team we see in the tourney .

Looks like everyone has lost confidence in this team, got to admit we look terrible last couple weeks, it's like k doesn't every make any adjustments, it's all hero ball. But this being k last chance he will go all out . This team has the talent to win the tournament, I believe k will turn it around. I like our chances

I just want to see us survive the weekend I dont care how much we win by.
I don’t see that helping. Go back to the Zion team. We barely survived the first weekend. Should have lost to UCF. Same goes for the 16 team with Ingram. We barely beat UNC Wilmington and Yale. I realize the 16 team wasn’t that strong, but the games shouldn’t have been that close.

I think the first weekend will be our gauge.

Reactions: sheyduke
Knowing Tennessee and Rick Barnes history over the last 15+ tournament appearances, I could have told you that he would find a way to choke in the Round of 32 or Sweet 16. He does it every year.
I bought into the hype lol

I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion UNC beats UCLA. The Bruins are experienced and tough. They will not be afraid of UNC.

I don't think I've seen one person in the media pick Duke for the final four. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but people seem pretty down on us, and we are a popular upset pick.
I wanted to pick Duke in my office brackets knowing I would be the only entry with such a pick.
If more money were involved, I would have picked Duke. It's only $20 per person, and being a UNC fan I would have felt funny writing DUKE. I went with Arkansas instead. If Duke plays Gonzaga, I will cheer for Duke as most people picked Gonzaga.

Reactions: christophero
I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion UNC beats UCLA. The Bruins are experienced and tough. They will not be afraid of UNC.
UCLA is favored by 1.5 Game is in Philadelphia so UNC should have more fans there. I'll be interested to see how many St Peter's fans are in the building. I'm sure that UCLA will be the late game so I don't expect much noise from the St. Peter's fans

Reactions: christophero
Their(UCLA) player that twisted his ankle has played hurt most of the season, so he should play. Bruins have also been playing well of late. Their only recent loss is to AZ in the Pac 12 championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT