ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tournament day 1 official thread

Sweet 16. I too hate going out first weekend. A final four would shock me, but stranger things have happened. Houston getting bounced would help, but only if we survive this weekend. It would be cool to play Kentucky in the Elite Eight.

For us, I just want to make it to the 2nd week. I absolutely despise it when we lose the first week.

I have no clue what we'll do. Final Four wouldn't shock me. 2nd round bounce wouldn't shock me.

But if not us, ANYBODY but UConn or Orange County Community College.

I agree.. first weekend L is the worst thing in the sport.. at least if we make it to the sweet 16 we get an extra week of hope

Weird year for me...used to be hyped for this every year...spend 2 days either at a location betting or in a bar enjoying it with others...just seem to have lost enthusiasm.....I'm sure that will change as the games get going but still a strange place to start from....almost forgot it was about to start! lol

Agree 100% on all counts. It sucks if/when we get bounced in the first weekend. It would be awesome to get to next week, and from there, I really feel like anything else would be gravy. And yes, same for me Denver. I am working and peeking at scores, but I too am not into it as much as I once was.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Izzo can motivate his team. I know Duke has gotten the better of them more often than not, but he always seems to find a way to get his team playing well in March.

Reactions: christophero
First, and foremost, the most important thing in every NCAA tournament for a Duke fan, and, really, for any sentient, rationally minded human being, is that UNCheat does not win the tournament. The earlier they go out the better. That is always the most important element of every NCAA tournament. Assuming they have made the tournament.

A second, like unto it, is Duke winning at all.

Thirdly, is Kentucky not winning.

Otherwise, may you be blessed to enjoy the tourney, bros!

Reactions: Liftee and Mac9192
First, and foremost, the most important thing in every NCAA tournament for a Duke fan, and, really, for any sentient, rationally minded human being, is that UNCheat does not win the tournament. The earlier they go out the better. That is always the most important element of every NCAA tournament. Assuming they have made the tournament.

A second, like unto it, is Duke winning at all.

Thirdly, is Kentucky not winning.

Otherwise, may you be blessed to enjoy the tourney, bros!
UConn should be added to the list of teams any Duke fan doesn't want to see win it all.

Oregon / South Carolina pretty good so far .

UConn should be added to the list of teams any Duke fan doesn't want to see win it all.
I’m not really bothered by them given they are now coached by a Hurley.

If Calhoun were the coach that would be different.

I can’t believe Michigan state won lol. Can they beat the heels??

They shot way above their pay grade. I thought Miss St would give the Heels more trouble. Mich St will have to play and score even better vs UNC. I really wish Auburn were the 4 in that bracket. It’s like the - highly biased - committee wanted to give UNC a smooth path to the Final Four and make it extra hard for UConn. Auburn was a legit 3 seed. Alabama closer to a 5.

Reactions: pisgah101
I dont think the Spartans will win Saturday, but it is possible. MSU always have a puncher's chance. Weren't they preseason top 10?

I’m not really bothered by them given they are now coached by a Hurley.

If Calhoun were the coach that would be different.

What!?! Screw that! they have tied Duke in National Titles. Who would want to see them win a 6th one despite Duke having 10 more Final Fours? (If UConn got to the FF this year and won it it would be their 7th FF while Duke has 17!!!)

Oakland up 3 on Kentucky
Cal might as well put his house up for sale if he loses
Kentucky down 4 in second half!

Last edited:
Cal either has to go, or he has to find a way to get his teams older.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT