ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I think all kids would like to be one-and-done....it’s just not a serious option for most. Roy isn’t what could potentially be holding Bacot back. It’s his game.

The reason I feel Bacot might leave is because there’s a lot of competition coming in next year. If he doesn’t have a great season his stock slides and all of a sudden he’s a 21-year-old junior....which unfortunately is what college basketball has become.

Unfortunately, I think he will return. Roy will figure out a way to keep him being his draft stock isn’t high right now.

I think all kids would like to be one-and-done....it’s just not a serious option for most. Roy isn’t what could potentially be holding Bacot back. It’s his game.

The reason I feel Bacot might leave is because there’s a lot of competition coming in next year. If he doesn’t have a great season his stock slides and all of a sudden he’s a 21-year-old junior....which unfortunately is what college basketball has become.
The one thing that Bacot might have in his favor if he decides to return is that Roy has had a tendency to play upperclass players over freshmen players even if the freshmen players are more talented than the upperclass players.

Reactions: hart2chesson
In defense of bacot it's really hard to learn the complicated unc system in just one year. Some can't learn it in two, three or even four seasons (platek). That's why hof coach roy williams is so selective as to who he recruits. As talented as Zion was he would have completely been lost as a freshman playing in that system. So grateful that Coach K understands that the normal premier recruits cannot pick the unc system up and just simplifies Duke's system. OFC

In defense of bacot it's really hard to learn the complicated unc system in just one year. Some can't learn it in two, three or even four seasons (platek). That's why hof coach roy williams is so selective as to who he recruits. As talented as Zion was he would have completely been lost as a freshman playing in that system. So grateful that Coach K understands that the normal premier recruits cannot pick the unc system up and just simplifies Duke's system. OFC

You’re absolutely correct Sky, most players don’t have what it takes to figure out “the Roy Williams Code”. His complex system takes time to learn and his selection process is equivalent to BUDS school. Only the elite can obtain such a difficult task.

Reactions: skysdad
You’re absolutely correct Sky, most players don’t have what it takes to figure out “the Roy Williams Code”. His complex system takes time to learn and his selection process is equivalent to BUDS school. Only the elite can obtain such a difficult task.
Can you imagine, just for a second or two having to remember those big defensive sets like 20 and 22 and whatever Gary makes up. Those big numbers are too large for players that dont have to attend classes.

I agree with this and the fact that the draft might be weaker this year than next year. If he goes now, he has a better chance of getting drafted, even if it's in the 2nd round. If he comes back, he will be sharing time with others and could find himself having to return for a 3rd season.

His stats aren't terrible and the things we don't see him do could be because Roy doesn't want his bigs shooting jump shots. He may actually have a nice jumper but can't shoot them during games. If he's playing in front of NBA scouts, perhaps he can show more than he's shown at Roy U.

Can you imagine, just for a second or two having to remember those big defensive sets like 20 and 22 and whatever Gary makes up. Those big numbers are too large for players that dont have to attend classes.

Very very complex system. Roy employs the most complex system in college basketball. You just can't come in to UNC under Roy Williams and expect to learn his complex system in a matter of months. You have to unpack your bags and stay a while. Generally, most players will learn 65% of his complex system in 4 years, if he could, he would extend things for 6 or 7 years.

the most complex part of HOF Roy's system is the part about throwing the round sphere into a metal cylinder. That seems to be the part the geniuses he recruits can't master.

And to think Tre was showing them how to shoot a trick free throw!!!! Hahaha.....OFC

Reactions: gottagonow
Quest4Seven said:
UVa has future software engineers and nurse practitioners in their starting lineup and still is top 4 in the ACC. Lame excuse

notashelbyfan said:

I agree pretty much but Joel did have some players that could shoot to help take some pressure off of him in his senior year. Luke struggled to score inside but he has the ability to drag the big guarding him out of the lane.

↑Archer2 said: [URL='https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/call-a-spade-a-spade.74780/goto/post?id=1312199#post-1312199']↑[/URL]
The only thing lame is your post.

QuestforSeven said:
okay boomer

care to explain why UVa is top 4 in the ACC with less talent and we're in last place? besides the fact Bennett has done better as a coach than Roy this year? oh wait, you can’t

AN OKAY BOOMER FROM THR. MIGHT BE IMPROPER USAGE.

All that hair dye isn't helping Bacot. My grandma told me it rots your brain. She a!so told me that a rooster tail is not an actual hair style.

There’s a thread on THR about how/why Bacot needs to return next season and one poaster used Hansbrough as an example for why Bacot needs to return. I think someone should remind that poaster that Hansbrough is no longer playing in the NBA, so he might not be the best example to use and in fact he hasn’t played in the NBA since 2015-16 when he played for the Charlotte Tar Heels.

Reactions: skysdad
There’s a thread on THR about how/why Bacot needs to return next season and one poaster used Hansbrough as an example for why Bacot needs to return. I think someone should remind that poaster that Hansbrough is no longer playing in the NBA, so he might not be the best example to use and in fact he hasn’t played in the NBA since 2015-16 when he played for the Charlotte Tar Heels.

I do kind of laugh when they say that Roy develops big men. Does he get the 5-star big men drafted, yes. Could 99.9% of college coaches get their 5-star big men drafted, yes.

But, if you take a nice look at the former tar heels big men in the NBA, they are not high producers, all-stars, good shooters, etc. That may or may not be Roy's fault, it's just an interesting trend when fans say Roy develops big men, but yet, cannot make them productive pros.

If I'm Bacot, I leave and develop with NBA/G-League coaching.

That said, I do understand the argument of staying in college, it's not all about leaving quickly, but I wouldn't say that Roy is a great developer of talent for when they turn pro.

I do kind of laugh when they say that Roy develops big men. Does he get the 5-star big men drafted, yes. Could 99.9% of college coaches get their 5-star big men drafted, yes.

But, if you take a nice look at the former tar heels big men in the NBA, they are not high producers, all-stars, good shooters, etc. That may or may not be Roy's fault, it's just an interesting trend when fans say Roy develops big men, but yet, cannot make them productive pros.

If I'm Bacot, I leave and develop with NBA/G-League coaching.

That said, I do understand the argument of staying in college, it's not all about leaving quickly, but I wouldn't say that Roy is a great developer of talent for when they turn pro.

Look at Roy's track record with developing talent and it's 5 stars staying 3-4 years before tapping into their potential. Justin Jackson was a top 7 recruit that stayed 3-4 years (this is one of the latest examples). Now that players are leaving UNC after 1 year, you're seeing the true Roy Williams.

That is dead on. I figure Brooks also. OFC

If Anthony and Bacot both stay for another year, it will not help Roy's reputation, but it will show that he is remarkable in his ability to convince 5 star recruits to come there knowing that most likely their careers will be delayed. Who knows how many 5 star players would have gone to UNX had they not wanted to be held back in their development.

@OldasdirtDevil did you create a gif a few years ago when Luke Maye bricked a layup against Indiana? Play begins at the 2:37 mark. If you don't have one on file already, is it possible to create one? Appreciate your work and what you contribute.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Some of these Bacot quotes are really, really good....

“He’s absolutely killed us this game!”

“I’d pay him to leave!”

“Bacot needs to go where he goes and do what he does .. or doesn't do, somewhere else. He aint got a f'in clue when it comes to basketball.”

“Can he please just declare for the draft now?”

And this is my favorite....LOL

“Platek is sitting there on the bench thanking the heavens for bacot.”

And some idiot named TarHeelMark posted this when the Heels were up by 15....

“And this is how we're gonna win the ACCT. Guys like Christian is finally getting it. Leaky playing better. Cole and Brob healthy together. Need some consistency from Bacot to go with Brooks. We can do this!”

And some idiot named TarHeelMark posted this when the Heels were up by 15....

“And this is how we're gonna win the ACCT. Guys like Christian is finally getting it. Leaky playing better. Cole and Brob healthy together. Need some consistency from Bacot to go with Brooks. We can do this!”
He is the tough guy who always talks about punching Duke fans in the mouth

@OldasdirtDevil did you create a gif a few years ago when Luke Maye bricked a layup against Indiana? Play begins at the 2:37 mark. If you don't have one on file already, is it possible to create one? Appreciate your work and what you contribute.

It seems like I did make one for Big Luke, @dukedevilz , but I don't know where it is (might have lost it in a hard drive failure). Anyway, I made another one from your clip. That's what you call a power layup.

zWQgq5u.gif

OFC

Last edited:
THR is a damn mess. The sh!t they're saying about their own players is sickening. Calling them names, can't wait til they're all gone from Carolina, etc., etc. Roy is where the buck stops. He's the one that called out his players early on. His intention might have been to motivate them, but he broke 'em instead. No one likes to go through bad times like this, but Roy can't handle adversity very well at all. And it shows, and his players are feeding off his own despair. I don't feel sorry for Roy, or the fans, but I do feel a little sorry for what his players are going through. They don't deserve this crap from Roy, or their own fans.

OFC

Some of these Bacot quotes are really, really good....

“He’s absolutely killed us this game!”

“I’d pay him to leave!”

“Bacot needs to go where he goes and do what he does .. or doesn't do, somewhere else. He aint got a f'in clue when it comes to basketball.”

“Can he please just declare for the draft now?”

And this is my favorite....LOL

“Platek is sitting there on the bench thanking the heavens for bacot.”

lol weren’t these the same heel fans who claimed throughout the summer Bacot was better than Carey?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT