ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Especially seeing how we typically lose this game anyways. And this year, it is without the best player on the team.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that notices it. Our losses are so over blown. Tech was ranked 20 and at home

wtf? AOC goes off against Cuse yet tonight gets limited run? he goes 2-2...limited time. Not sure what that says to a player. I'm no BB coach but some of the changes in personel are just perplexing. We got a lead a couple of times and then just gave up easy buckets. Not our best night obviously but some of the decisions of who plays when are just head scratching
And the Baker decision is just the same "what the thinking" meme

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
I grateful that I don't know you and we don't watch the games together. You have to be the biggest Duke downer on this board. I just don't get fans like yourself. OFC
I’m actually very quite when I watch the games....don’t say much at all...if ever...I post here my thoughts when I’m watching live and not actually at work and watching on dvr....I don’t even think I said a word the entire game to be honest....

It’s a game thread....I post thoughts in the game thread...that’s what they are for....if folks don’t like thoughts in a game thread they shouldn’t read them....

People coming at me has always been fine....but it just makes me post more....because I’ll reply to almost all of them.....I don’t attack anyone and never have in this board or game thread....mostly don’t even tag anyone....but I won’t back down when folks come at me either.....

Reactions: UNC71-00
He may be the GOAT, but tonight he wasn’t. No problem with fans always praising him, but just like players, a coach can have an off night. We saw it tonight.
We have too many guys struggling to score for Alex to go 2 for 2. RJ willed himself to 21 points. Cam looks good for stretches, then can turn around and play equally as bad.
Tre hustles, but is hurting us on offense, going 3-9 in 40 minutes. Too many times we have lineups out there where we have maybe 2 scorers out there. Not bad if it was 3 on 3.

Reactions: pisgah101
I just don’t get how VT can set a pick, and never stop moving, on any of them. It was genuinely how not to set a screen. All night long. They didn’t get called for it once. We get called for 3 a game, but blackshear keeps walking and taking guys with him, and nothing. Why are we officiated so differently?

Reactions: kwyjibos13
He seems like a cool dude at times, I watched a bit with him and his players ad respecting the national anthem. But then at times like in this post game interview, he comes off as a bitter jackass. Complaining about a missed call from a year ago and literally taking in the victory while he's being interviewed.
I must admit, the interview was a little weird maybe he was in shock that they pulled it off yet again...lol

Not really sure how anyone knocks us off the 1 line.....our body of work and wins is second to none...and three of our losses we have been missing starters.....the committee takes that stuff into account...,we have only lost once with our full squad...

I’m actually very quite when I watch the games....don’t say much at all...if ever...I post here my thoughts when I’m watching live and not actually at work and watching on dvr....I don’t even think I said a word the entire game to be honest....

It’s a game thread....I post thoughts in the game thread...that’s what they are for....if folks don’t like thoughts in a game thread they shouldn’t read them....

People coming at me has always been fine....but it just makes me post more....because I’ll reply to almost all of them.....I don’t attack anyone and never have in this board or game thread....mostly don’t even tag anyone....but I won’t back down when folks come at me either.....
But why do you use so many ellipses?

Reactions: dbav
The ignore button is a beautiful thing on a night like this. Losing sucks......period, but we lost to a good VT team in the road. It's the ACC. I sure hope our players and our coaches are mentally stronger then some of the posters on this board after a loss. Time to regroup and I'm pretty sure we have a pretty good player coming back in the mix soon. I still love Duke and am damn glad that I'm a fan of the Blue Devil's. Let it hurt a little and be a little angry, but show a little support to a program that allows fans to be angry after the 4th loss at the end of February.

I would agree it wasn't coach's best day. I'm really surprised Jack's minutes didn't go to Alex like they did at Syracuse.

Reactions: Laettner
3 of our 4 losses are without our full roster.

3 of our 4 losses are to ranked teams.

We lost our FIRST true road game of the season.

Our resume is still impeccable and we will get Zion soon (and the NCAA will take Zion’s injury into consideration).

So everyone, calm down

against UL we pressured to effect the game...good, at times we should go zone, or man to man...i like the varients...but we dont do that...tonight was a head scatcher...if you are Goldwire...and basically won the UL game, but today you play zero minutes..what do you think? if you are AOC and had a break out game Saturday but sat today and watch players shoot who are 0-28...what do you think?...what is the coaching there? I truly have no idea...i coach, different sport, but this is just a wtf moment...as a player i would be confused

Do we think Zion will play next game or do you all think he will sit more?

Some people need to take deep breaths and relax.... VT won the game, hats off and congrats to them... K made some questionable decisions tonight, we can all agree. The season isn’t over and the committee will look at injury factors just like they will every other team. Bottom line, we should have won but didn’t... you take this game, you learn and move on.

Yes we all want a 1 seed. I’m sorry let’s say we drop to a 2 seed and are fully healthy come tournament time, do you really want to see this healthy duke team in your bracket.

Reactions: Branswm88 and dbav
Probably because he is such a liability on defense. We have four talented players but it takes teams to win championships. This weakness shooting the ball may be our down fall in the end.
THIS.. while great shooter, he is currently a big defensive liability... He left a wide open backdoor cut with 3:00 to go and left the baseline shooter at the 90sec mark.

One thing with this team....it really doesn’t matter what we are seeded...we can beat every team in the country...of course the easiest path is most desirable.

Cause we have to go to work tomorrow and listen to half arse basketball fans ask “what happened to duke last night?”
Just do what I do. Look at them and say "What are you talking about? Wait...Duke played a basketball game last night?" That always seems to get under their skin.

Not really sure how anyone knocks us off the 1 line.....our body of work and wins is second to none...and three of our losses we have been missing starters.....the committee takes that stuff into account...,we have only lost once with our full squad...

We lose in Chapel Hill, then lose to them in the ACC Tournament semifinals, we're off the 1 line, I can assure you.

I'm not saying I think that'll happen, I'm saying if it did, that would be the result.

Gonzaga, UVA, and UK/Tennessee are the other 3. They're practically locks. Other 1 is us or UNC.

A LOT left to be determined folks.

Folks, this game was not a matter of which team had the most talent, it was a game of which team wanted it the most. VT executed everything they wanted to do and we had no answer. They were the better team tonight. Our offense was completely lost, we did not communicate on "D" and we were a step slow all night.
This team is not good enough to start playing late in games and expect to keep winning. The sad part is we had a shot to win late.
I really feel bad for RJ, watching him get double teamed, with no help. Stomach virus(?), and it seemed like everyone just stood around and waited on him to win it.
I certainly agree with a lot of the posts on here, and the opinions on what happened, but the bottom line is, VT wanted it more than Duke did.
We have to either stay on the bandwagon or jump off. For my part, I'm staying with these kids until the end.
Go Duke!
OFC

We literally tried everything tonight and it wasn’t working. If you want to ask why wasn’t AOC getting more minutes when no one could get stops, I won’t disagree with you. But it’s not as if K was sitting on his hands all night not trying to grind out stops. We tried man we tried zone we tried press. We tried big lineups we tried small lineups. We played 9 guys for the second game in a row I believe, which is another common criticism of K. I mean holy heck, damned if you do damned if you don’t. Far too many couch coaches taking ridiculous shots at K, while letting the players off the hook. K can’t put the 3 in the hoop for Jack. K can’t stop our guys from lunging at every pump fake or losing track of shooters. If you want to scream that AOC should have played more, I’ll buy it but the rest is crap and shame on our fans for trying to attack him for it. He tried everything tonight.

Just finished the game. That sucked. Can’t wait for Zion to be back.

I think it just sucks cause we haven't won the ACC regular season outright since 06....06!?!?!??!?!

I wish We were as happy with our team’s performance as K was in the presser

Tre is our lock down defender yet their guards got 38 tonight..tre scored 9...we need to add Goldwire to be a defender and find more scoring from the guard position....AOC....a better rotation in that position is going to be key to being more effective. In CBB PG is the most important position...we need to be better there

I think we are totally safe as a one seed....lose at UNC with Zion and I don’t...

No matte who coach plays between White and AOC at one end or the other it’s 4 on 5. AOC is a defensive liability and White is like 0 for 2019 behind the arch.

I think it just sucks cause we haven't won the ACC regular season outright since 06....06!?!?!??!?!
Give me a national title and I could care less about winning the ACC... we play in a great league where we are getting everyone’s best shot so I’m good with not winning the ACC regular season!

I have different opinion than most on this thread & think we are regressing. Tre has hit the wall, Jack is lost, Jav hasn't developed & AOC rides pine after coming alive. Baker thing is...whatever

IMO this season is trending in the wrong direction.

So without a once in a generation talent(Zion) we get thumped by UNC & lose to mediocre VT. That's Duke basketball?

Last three seasons have been very frustrating with all this NBA talent.

Didn't see the game can someone give me a recap? Did our guys fight? Playing on the road in Blackburg is always tough, and this VT team is underrated.

We lose in Chapel Hill, then lose to them in the ACC Tournament semifinals, we're off the 1 line, I can assure you.

I'm not saying I think that'll happen, I'm saying if it did, that would be the result.

Gonzaga, UVA, and UK/Tennessee are the other 3. They're practically locks. Other 1 is us or UNC.

A LOT left to be determined folks.

With Zion Duke is going to tear Carolina up. No worries...

I try not to complain and gripe about anything on here as far as the game goes, but I think the next time Jav plays along side bolden and we need shooters, i'm going to loose my mind lol. That crap should never,ever happen.
And somebody needs to tell Jack's beautiful girlfriend to leave his butt alone until after the season is over. I swear every since they showed her, he has been M.I.A. I'm going to mess around and have to make a trip to Durham lol.

I have different opinion than most on this thread & think we are regressing. Tre has hit the wall, Jack is lost, Jav hasn't developed & AOC rides pine after coming alive. Baker thing is...whatever

IMO this season is trending in the wrong direction.

So without a once in a generation talent(Zion) we get thumped by UNC & lose to mediocre VT. That's Duke basketball?

Last three seasons have been very frustrating with all this NBA talent.

Completely correct

Reactions: Laettner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT