ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE - ACC TOURNEY QUARTER-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Goldwire now part of the rotation. How cool is that?

I think it’s still game-to-game. If Cam doesn’t get his fourth foul we might not have saw him. Plus, when Cam went out, we needed someone to specifically chase Boeheim around. Jack wasn’t doing it, and Alex for sure wasn’t....but I still think both of those guys are firmly ahead of Jordan in the rotation.

Reactions: christophero
I can't lie. He is probably the best college basketball player I've ever seen. With him the only way you all lose is if he fouls out. If K does not win a natty when he's got arguably one of the top 5 college basketball players of all time then that will be a massive fail. Damn that kid is good. My goodness.

No. He is one player. No matter how good one player is, it is still a team sport played by college kids in a one-loss-and-out format. It would stink as a fan, but it would not be a massive fail. That’s ridiculous.

As lousy as we shoot the 3 ball why does K not give Joey Baker just 5 to 8 minutes and tell him to shoot every good look he gets. K torched Joeys redshirt (though I did read somewhere that Joey requested it). let the kid play. UNCheating will beat us by 15 points if we don't quit throwing the ball away and especially if we dont hit more outside shots. I am so baffled and disgusted by things I see because I just want the team to excel, just like you want your kids to excel. Come on team, please get it together.
It begins and ends with K. If you want to be the first signature on the petition to fire him, it’s all yours.

Can’t believe Bilas saying there should be no repercussions for the boy tripping Zion. Of course he was one of the first to scorn GA
I defended Bilas earlier in the year...no more, he's been absolutely pathetic. The worst for me was the second UVA game, we're in control the whole way and he absolutely refused to give Duke any credit and just got on his knees for the Hoos. It's like he actively hates this team.

I love duke as much as you but I would take that bet
A money bet would be illegal. But, an avatar bet wouldn’t. Avatar bet? I’ve never done one. I promise I won’t make you have a bad avatar after I win.

giphy.gif

@PatrickYates

I had to watch the game an hour or so late on DVR tonight (because I have a life and value my time ;)). We did turn it over A TON, but give credit to Syracuse and their zone. Packing the lane and denying entry passes into the heart of the zone is a good strategy against us and it forced us to try to make more difficult passes than usual. That doesn’t suddenly mean we are a turnover prone team who will turn it over 18 times against UNC tomorrow. Should be exciting.

Unless Duke makes it to the ACC final, they will be a #2 seed.

Next two games, Duke is ostensibly playing for a #1 seed. They win both they will be a 1 seed. They lose tonight or tomorrow and almost surely a 2 seed.
This is simply false.

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
As lousy as we shoot the 3 ball why does K not give Joey Baker just 5 to 8 minutes and tell him to shoot every good look he gets. K torched Joeys redshirt (though I did read somewhere that Joey requested it). let the kid play. UNCheating will beat us by 15 points if we don't quit throwing the ball away and especially if we dont hit more outside shots. I am so baffled and disgusted by things I see because I just want the team to excel, just like you want your kids to excel. Come on team, please get it together.

You say that as if he’s going to enter the game and magically have 5 open 3PA in 8 minutes. No, we are not going to set plays for him either. AOC played 10 minutes and had 1 open look. He’d replicate AOC’s offensive job. I’m comfortable with K’s choice to bench ride him. If we are going to luck-out and have a shooter left open I’m confident in AOC. This is all business now... We are fighting for a top seed and then it’s NCAA T time. Joey has no business playing any valuable minutes with his lack of experience.

Regardless of Joey’s request I still can’t make sense of burning the redshirt. I’m with ya.

We did turn it over A TON, but give credit to Syracuse and their zone. Packing the lane and denying entry passes into the heart of the zone is a good strategy against us and it forced us to try to make more difficult passes.

One thing I’ve noticed about this team is that when we find a weakness in another team’s defense, we force what we find. Of course we want to exploit the weakness, but we fail to take advantage appropriately.

For example, alley-oops to Zion.
Yep, we had some highlights and luck with it. But that’s not something force-able. Appropriately taking advantage of Zion against their sleepy post D would be to make a focal point on keeping an eye open for the play while running our offense. I don’t know the exact number but I’d guess we had 4-6 TO’s by forcing it. That amount of TO’s from alley oop failure is excessive.

I love duke as much as you but I would take that bet

A money bet would be illegal. But, an avatar bet wouldn’t. Avatar bet? I’ve never done one. I promise I won’t make you have a bad avatar after I win.

I’ll gladly lose that way.

We didn’t determine how long the loser has to use the avatar. How about til the end of the NCAA tournament?

You win. Let’s have it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT