ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Tatum played much more under control today. Had a really good game. Nice to see him not settling for threes.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's really weird, some consecutive time as a complete team and time for capel to adjust and we're getting better!!!!! Some of you should be ashamed

Reactions: topps coach
Good game. Much needed. That's 2 straight road wins and we are about to get K back.

I think we have to play 7. Line tonight and Jackson and Giles didn't play much but we need to play those 7. Let them settle into a role. I think the coaching staff was so happy to get everyone back, that they forced them into the rotation. Play our best guys with minutes for others if matchups, etc warrant.

Reactions: Dukesince90
We are a free throw shooting, free throw making , hitting free throws tonight. Big time part of our game tonight. Can't ever remember such great free throw shooting as a team. Magnificent OFC
We were definitely on point from the free throw line tonight. It's crazy to think that the only free throw that we missed tonight was the one where Amile took the free throw for Tatum when he had to go out temporarily after getting hurt.

Good win. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't expecting this at all. Very happy for the players and staff. Trust me, it was wearing on all of them. The ship hasn't been righted, but at least we're not paddling anymore.

Also, it was great that some certain posters disappeared in the second half. Here's to hoping they stay away.

Play of the game is when ND was down 1 with about 7 minutes left and Grayson knocks down the 3. That was a huge play!

Yep. And the subsequent 18-footer he hit on the next possession. I think that 5-0 run, as little as it might seem, really did in Notre Dame. They expended a lot of energy getting it back to one from 13.

What I liked is that in addition to Grayson, guys like Jayson, Harry and Matt made some big plays down the stretch, too. This was really the definition of a team win....and this is a team who hasn't had many of them.

Play of the game is when ND was down 1 with about 7 minutes left and Grayson knocks down the 3. That was a huge play!

That was the game saving shot. If Grayson doesn't make that, I'm not sure we win it. And he followed it up with another jumper the next time down the court. That saved us.

EDIT...Damn I need to read some of these posts first...sorry DJ, you beat me to it!

OFC

Back to back and signs of cohesion on both ends of the court. Not all good - the one 12-0 stretch was a regressive period but overall very encouraging. Liked that Allen is starting to play like he did last year and hopefully free himself from the drama. The OAD's looked better too when together on the court. Next...

Big big big win! Can't be said enough we really needed this. Most importantly we played more like a TEAM Tatum had his moments but a lot less of them and his rebounding was amazing. Get him 100% under control and keep coming together we might still win this thing

Is it weird to be totally stressed out with a 10 point lead with a minute left?

A play or two here and a few less mental errors/turnovers and it is a blowout. Gettin' there one game at a time

Hugeee win. I had my doubts with ND coming off two loses in a row and playing at home. Capel 1-0 vs Brey, got to like that!

Reactions: Quavarius
Very very proud of the team for winning TOGETHER!!

2 straight on the road! Things might be finally coming together. Thought our first half defense was tremendous.

Fun to see us respond to getting punched in the mouth by punching back. We could have folded up shop and cashed it in (done that more than once this year), but we fought. Eating crow (gladly), but we have a ways to go! This was a good start. Confidence builder.

How about Giles with the late bucket and then two much needed free throws. He got called for a couple of phantom fouls tonight, but I still believe he's slowly coming on.

Reactions: Quavarius and dbav
Yes I think we were playing to many players early. Staff has realized that's just not who we are. Part of buying in is excepting whatever role you may have. Like Vrank coming in, or Bolden vs Miami. Really excited about things coming together.

F&CK YEAH!!! I don't care what anyone says, that was a GREAT game!! All around. We played like a team. I think we are finally starting to create an identity. Go through Luke and Grayson. Tatum and Jefferson play big inside. Figure everything else out as we go. Capel did a great job tonight exploiting their weaknesses. And we played very good team defense. The refs did us zero favors tonight. We probably ended up -12 in that regard.

And I love seeing Irish tears.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Now if ND can just end their losing streak Saturday, we'll be in great shape.

OFC

Yep, I was not only worried about Duke losing this game, but we know the history of teams that beat Duke...what happens the next game. ND has now lost 3 in a row. Think they may be a little pissed when they head into the Dean Dome. I hope they play the game of their lives against Ol'Roy and gang.

OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Allen showed some real toughness and under the circumstances last 2 ball games, he's shown what a leader he can be. The 3 against Wake to cut lead to 1, then tonight when all momentum had swung to ND, he responded with 5 straight points. Jones was solid and Tatum played like a beast. 19 and 14, no 3's. I really like way they have played last 45 minutes. Do I hear the 'Choo Choo' firing up?

Now if ND can just end their losing streak Saturday, we'll be in great shape.

OFC

That would be nice, but ND's main weakness is UNC's strength....that being size. I just don't see how ND can beat them without hitting at least a dozen three's.

Brey has given the fighting sports coats plenty of trouble, just like us. They'll have to make 3's tho, which I think they do!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Very pleased with how they played as team. Individually, Jayson and Grayson did great at playing their games within the team concept. We still had some defensive lapses as a team. Several times 2 guys were guarding 1 guy who didn't even have the ball.

Going forward, Duke will need a little more from the post I believe. Amile isn't the same. Harry isn't there. Jeter is out. Marques is riding the pine, even though this wasn't a good matchup from him. We need second half Miami Marques for at least 12-14 minutes a game.

I do think this adversity had to have help bring them together at this point. Their play seems to indicate that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT