ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Wake II

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Back to Cameron we go to take on the demon deacons from Winston Salem. Game is scheduled for a 7pm tip on espn. At time of writing duke is an 8 point fav.

Important game for both teams as we need to build off of the GT win and can’t afford to lose any games at home. Wake after a great start has lost 3 straight and I’m sure a win in Cameron and season sweep of duke would make their season.

I think we build on Saturday and get some revenge

Duke-75
Wake-60

Sorry for the delay of thread I had to run around with some clients all morning and just got free!

I'm pretty confident we get it done at home tonight pretty easily. I am hopeful Jon can motivate the team to come out with lots of energy coming off the weekend blowout and to avenge the loss to WF earlier in the season. This one's a W for Duke.

Duke 78
WF 62

Reactions: hart2chesson
Time for a true statement win at home, start to finish. Wake hasn't played against Lively: Advantage: DUKE

Wake hasn't played against a healthy Jeremy this year: Advantage: DUKE

Devils, 80-72......

OFC

Reactions: 9dukejames
Duke wins. I believe that I saw Duke turn a bit of a corner in that last game. Proctor and Lively are growing up so to speak. If only Whitehead comes back and stays healthy, it could still be a fun last part of the season. 👍

Duke wins. I believe that I saw Duke turn a bit of a corner in that last game. Proctor and Lively are growing up so to speak. If only Whitehead comes back and stays healthy, it could still be a fun last part of the season. 👍
I saw on Twitter that in his last two games Proctor has 15 assists and only one turnover. You think Tyus and Tre called him up and gave him an earful???

I think Proctor can be a stud of a player if he can get his stroke going and get a little more aggressive on offense. He seems to almost always miss long and I remember my basketball coach saying missing short or long is OK, missing left or right is a sign something's wrong with your stroke. So maybe Proctor can turn the shooting around.

And as far as being aggressive, I do think he has to be comfortable with the fact that if he drives into the lane repeatedly and aggressively he is going to have more turnovers than he has right now but... he will also be creating easier shots for himself and his teammates. We can live with an extra 2 or 3 turnovers a game from him if he's creating an additional six or eight easy shots with his aggression.

Guard Monsanto from the 3 ball and make it tough on Appleby. We do that we cover. We don't, we win but barely cover the 8.5

Wake 24- Duke 23. Comon we really can't lose this at home. Duke up 1. Roach with 11, Proctor with 7. Proctor with 2 fouls.

Other than that little stretch where we had I think 2 turnovers in 3 possessions, we played really well. Roach playing with confidence. Let's just keep Appleby and Monsanto in check, protect the ball, and no dry spells and we should be good.

Reactions: christophero
Weird half, feel like we should be up more but also feels like we could be tied or down. Going to be a tight one i think. Definitely need to stop the PG drives...they get inside too easily.

Reactions: sheyduke
Saw some good stuff, and some bad stuff.

Team looks like it is moving forward a bit. Like Scheyer being a bit more aggressive with the refs. I think he is gaining some confidence as well.

Reactions: sheyduke
There is no way that sitting on a players knees like that should be legal.

Yet another game I cannot watch live. Sounds like great play by Roach and Proctor. Let's finish this!

What's with the 12 turnovers? Live ball? Offensive fouls??

Yet another game I cannot watch live. Sounds like great play by Roach and Proctor. Let's finish this!

What's with the 12 turnovers? Live ball? Offensive fouls??
Still making mistakes dribbling in traffic in part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT