ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD**

Yep..be nice to see this squad at full force..tired of injuries

Ah, well. What an ending! I'm so proud of our guys for fighting to the end! That could've easily been a double digit loss.

I'm so proud of our guys. We're pretty damn good right now, and we're going to be unreal when we get our guys back.

OFC

Reactions: dbav
Boy, I look forward to seeing this team with all its available weapons.

Reactions: dbav
Loving this team! Already has the heart of a champion and soon will have the roster for one as well.

Humble pie and a side of crow please. Nice fight. Tough loss but given all the issues they played their hearts out.

Gutsy effort. What a WEEEEIIIRRDDD game!!!

Just can't recall a game that's frustrated me to the point I had to make myself stay hungry.

Refs ruined that thing, shame

Damn, I'm gonna learn to keep my mouth shut. Sorry guys.
I was wondering when that was coming. Who would you have liked to see on him just out of curiosity?
yeah, totally agree Hokie. I'll take my chances with Matt and his length over anybody else we have.

I was wondering when that was coming. Who would you have liked to see on him just out of curiosity?

It never ends with a select couple on this board. DJ said it best when he said it is almost as if these guys root for Matt to fail so they can run to an Internet message board to complain. You had a guy playing absolutely lights out and had to make a contested jumper. Tip your cap and move on. Remarkable we have to keep talking about this

The last shot by Mason wasn't the problem or the dumb @Get Nasty. The awful rebounding and turnover fest to start the half put the team in that position. Matt can't be scapegoated for this loss.

How was it bad that Matt was on him? He was forced to take a tough shot and he made it. It happens, not Matt's fault by any means. Come on man.

Reactions: twdukefan
Ha ha.. he was only about 5ft from that shot

You can't stay in front of him, would you rather have him shoot a free throw for the win or make him take a pull up off the dribble? Just asking, I would not have let him get to the rim like he had every time the last 3 minutes...that dude is quick and we had no rim protection

Frank, only one that was even challenging his shots or keeping him in front. Probably would have fouled him though with the way game was called

It never ends with a select couple on this board. DJ said it best when he said it is almost as if these guys root for Matt to fail so they can run to an Internet message board to complain. You had a guy playing absolutely lights out and had to make a contested jumper. Tip your cap and move on. Remarkable we have to keep talking about this

That's exactly what they do. They're doing it in this thread.

Ummmm no, you make him shoot going right, and you challenge the shot

From a coaching standpoint I can't argue with you about making right handed shooters go right (see: Gordon Hayward 2010), but gimpy Grayson, apparently horrid defender Luke, and scared Frank weren't going to do much better (those were the superlatives that our players had to face from their fans tonight).

I don't blame Matt at all,he just was put in a position at the end where he could not succeed. Matt played like 2015 tonight. That's good

That's exactly what they do. They're doing it in this thread.
At this point they're also saying Duke will get bounced in the first round of the acc championship and ncaa's. Duke was also supposed to go 40-0. You can never win

You can't stay in front of him, would you rather have him shoot a free throw for the win or make him take a pull up off the dribble? Just asking, I would not have let him get to the rim like he had every time the last 3 minutes...that dude is quick and we had no rim protection
With 8 seconds duke could have drawn something to get it out of his hands

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT