ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Matt got 2 long rebounds/loose ball scrambles against UNC and had some great steals. He makes a lot of great plays that don't show up in the stat sheet-especially off the ball on D. I don't mind Frank getting some extra minutes, but it should be a minute or 2 from Matt, Luke, and Grayson and maybe a couple from Jayson from time to time when matchups dictate that. Each of those 4 guys appear so gassed at times, and extra minute of rest here and there would really help.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Matt got 2 long rebounds/loose ball scrambles against UNC and had some great steals. He makes a lot of great plays that don't show up in the stat sheet-especially off the ball on D. I don't mind Frank getting some extra minutes, but it should be a minute or 2 from Matt, Luke, and Grayson and maybe a couple from Jayson from time to time when matchups dictate that. Each of those 4 guys appear so gassed at times, and extra minute of rest here and there would really help.

For the life of me I don't understand why Matt gets so much criticism. Everybody can't score 20 points a game this year. OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
I'll disagree with K. Clemson isn't a very good team and our best win was probably at Norte Dame. The boat seemed to get righted then.

Still glad we dug deep and got the win. Go Duke

Agree with Crazy. Think it's a stretch to call it our best win over a Clemson team that had lost 8 of its last 11 ACC games, but we did win a huge trap game..I do think we think we have to find more minutes for Frank, think our offense flows best when hes on floor, and less pressure on Grayson...

OFC

I think you're taking what K is saying just a little too literally. When has he ever been one to break down wins by RPI, BPI or anything like that? That's not what this is about.

For one, he's paying homage to his team. It's been a tough season and stretch. The injuries, the unecessary stuff and even Coach being out a month. Then there's the 3-4 conference start. You get the come-from-behinder over Wake, go to Notre Dame and play awesome, struggle against a gritty Pitt team then have the win over your massive rival 36 hours prior.

I don't think he was saying they played well and that's why it was their best win. He's saying it's their best win, imo, because of the recent stretch and how this team, despite being tired and because of human nature, they escaped a trap game. Is this a game we win a month ago? I'm not so sure.

I agree with what Andy Katz said post game(one of the few ESPN guys I respect): "this just shows Duke isnt there yet in terms of where they ought to be." I am not going by any rankings or anything like it, I just believe we made it harder than we should have.

Believe me I knew it would be tough given the circumstances, and I DO buy into the "human nature" thing. I CANNOT however buy into "best win." Clearly IMO our best win was at South Bend- two days after the euphoric high of a dramatic buzzer beater to beat Wake on the ROAD, we had enough in the tank to go to Notre Dame and win! The Wake win was emotional and that made Notre Dame who had owned us of late even more special, per "human nature."JMO

OFC

Last edited:
I think we're showing growth every game to be honest. Virginia on the road is huge we can go from "they could win it" to wow maybe it is duke

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I agree with what Andy Katz said post game(one of the few ESPN guys I respect): "this just shows Duke isnt there yet in terms of where they ought to be." I am not going by any rankings or anything like it, I just believe we made it harder than we should have.

Believe me I knew it would be tough given the circumstances, and I DO buy into the "human nature" thing. I CANNOT however buy into "best win." Clearly IMO our best win was at South Bend- two days after the euphoric high of a dramatic buzzer beater to beat Wake on the ROAD, we had enough in the tank to go to Notre Dame and win! The Wake win was emotional and that made Notre Dame who had owned us of late even more special, per "human nature."JMO

OFC

Notre Dame, Florida and UNC are our most impressive or best wins, IMO. My point is that I don't think K is using the same criteria as us.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we're showing growth every game to be honest. Virginia on the road is huge we can go from "they could win it" to wow maybe it is duke
I agree. Even though I wanted them to do better than they did yesterday, I close win is better than a loss. That's 5 in a row. Now after some rest, prepare for war with UVA

Reactions: pisgah101
Notre Dame, Florida and UNC are our most impressive or best wins, IMO. My point is that I don't think K is using the same criteria as us.

Exactly. He knows his teams strengths and weaknesses better than us. So he is judging this win from a different perspective. Given what he has said post Clemson and UNC, perhaps he felt like this was a "tournament tough" kind of win. Winning games in both acc and NCAA is more about toughness sometimes than playing perfect basketball.

Reactions: dukiejay
Exactly. He knows his teams strengths and weaknesses better than us. So he is judging this win from a different perspective. Given what he has said post Clemson and UNC, perhaps he felt like this was a "tournament tough" kind of win. Winning games in both acc and NCAA is more about toughness sometimes than playing perfect basketball.

Well said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT